Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 02:58 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Actually... My BF does do that. Chocolates, foot rubs, and he bought the cutest leopard print fur covered hot water bottle for me.

He's a keeper.

Sweet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 03:01 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Actually... My BF does do that. Chocolates, foot rubs, and he bought the cutest leopard print fur covered hot water bottle for me.

He's a keeper.
So, just how bad do you get on your periods, to the point that he's doing damage control ahead of time?

Old 03-08-2014, 03:09 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
As someone who has been menstruating for several years (not all at once,) I agree with that. I mean, hasn't she seen the commercials? She can totally go horseback riding and do yoga in white pants.
good point..

or take her swimming at the red tide inn swimming pool

Old 03-08-2014, 03:31 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
What's the big frikkn deal?

You guys NEVER know when were menstruating, it surrounds you daily, everywhere you go, every fourth woman you perve at.

Its just blood FFS.

No scarier than a bleeding nose.

Man up. We have to, one week out of every four we go about our business while our guts is vomiting and cramping, and we all manage just fine from 12 years old onwards.

We go to school, work, look after kids, cook your dinners, serve in your shops etc etc....!

Old 03-08-2014, 04:03 PM

5,413 posts, read 6,707,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
So I was planning to show her around the city, then some rollercoaster after.
However few hours before the date, she says she is on her period so she can't do sports/rollercoaster.
I told her well we can call it off if you want but she says she is okay as long as no sports/rollercoaster involved.
What do i do? I still plan to take her to a sightseeing spot btw.
What? Did she just come to this decade with a time machine from the 1850s? Why can't she do sports or a roller coaster? (That last one makes NO sense at all.)

Either it's a lame excuse because she didn't like what you had planned....or she's way too high maintenance for modern life. Either way...you need to rethink even having a first date with her.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:09 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
It's her way of telling you not to expect sex on the 1st date.

Old 03-08-2014, 04:21 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,611,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
What's the big frikkn deal?

You guys NEVER know when were menstruating, it surrounds you daily, everywhere you go, every fourth woman you perve at.

Its just blood FFS.

No scarier than a bleeding nose.

Man up. We have to, one week out of every four we go about our business while our guts is vomiting and cramping, and we all manage just fine from 12 years old onwards.

We go to school, work, look after kids, cook your dinners, serve in your shops etc etc....!

Who/what are you responding to?

Old 03-08-2014, 05:05 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It's her way of telling you not to expect sex on the 1st date.
hahahaha! Ladies and gents, we may have a winner!

Old 03-08-2014, 05:10 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Anything that doesn't involve sports/rollercoaster. I'm not quite sure what rollercoasters have to do with periods, though...

[]

Yeah, I'm stumped too.....

Heck, I can't even envision a woman calling a guy she has never been on date with and leading with that...
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-08-2014, 05:37 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
As someone who has been menstruating for several years (not all at once,) I agree with that. I mean, hasn't she seen the commercials? She can totally go horseback riding and do yoga in white pants.
LOL...the imagery is hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Some women get TERRIBLE cramps and whatnot during their periods. It's rare, but it happens. I knew one woman who would get a massive migraine and spend the first 24 hours puking every time she got her period. Some women just get back pains or severe cramping that would make stuff like roller coasters and sports unpleasant. I suspect if she brought this up before the first date, she may be one of these women.
*raises hand. This is me for the first 2 days. I don't vomit but I don't eat much because of the nausea. I haven't taken a sick day from work, but I don't live a normal life those first few days either. I thank my lucky stars when it happens on a weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
As a woman you ought to know that not all women experience their periods in the same way.What works for you might not be doable for someone else. (I would not be able to do a water park on my worst days)
Same here. NO water, no boat! I was stuck on our boat once...that sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrscandles View Post
Oh, I know this. Mine lasts 7 days and the first day is TERRIBLE!! I don't want to do anything, and nothing even touches the cramps or back pains. But I still go about my day the best I can, and I've still gone to amusement parks on day one and suffered through it. EVERY woman gets her period once a month, so when anyone acts like they have it so bad and that no one understands, I call BS and whiney brat! We all deal with it all the time.
I'm thinking your cycle isn't really all that bad if you can hang at the amusement park all day. I couldn't wait on a line for more than an hour. We don't go on our boat when I'm the first few days, I have a medical note to use the restroom whenever it's needed during work....I could NEVER make it through a 3 hour standardized test.

Its' not BS and it's not whiny but you are ignorant and judgmental. I'd LOVE to be able to not care or think about my cycle...unfortunately the only way that will happen is if I have a partial hysterectomy (which I'm considering).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships