Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 06:07 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hahahaha! Ladies and gents, we may have a winner!
Guys are so clueless. It has nothing to do with roller coasters or Zombie killing.

It takes the pressure off both knowing the lady is out of commission.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 06:14 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,650,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
well ive got a lot of ideas. but rollercoaster/haunted houses are what i normally do on the first date to just have a lot of fun. add some adrenaline... i guess ill just see how the first place goes
How old are these "girls" that you date, are most of them too young to have a period?

Old 03-08-2014, 06:25 PM

8,590 posts, read 12,353,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgrape View Post
So I was planning to show her around the city, then some rollercoaster after.
However few hours before the date, she says she is on her period so she can't do sports/rollercoaster.
I told her well we can call it off if you want but she says she is okay as long as no sports/rollercoaster involved.
What do i do? I still plan to take her to a sightseeing spot btw.
This is the funniest thread I've read from start to finish. A girl that can't do sports or roller coasters because she is having her period Others have already said everything I could say about that.

A guy that takes talks about massages and chocolates on a first date to giver her her time or something like that--kind of creepy imho.

The responses

Old 03-08-2014, 06:32 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I don't know if you're the type who brings a flower or some chocolates to a first date but, if you are, I would in these circumstances be a gentleman and wrap up a nice big box of extra heavy tampons in festive paper with a pretty bow ...
Or better yet, flowers made from tampons.
Tampon Crafts - Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day

Old 03-08-2014, 06:32 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
LOL...the imagery is hysterical.

*raises hand. This is me for the first 2 days. I don't vomit but I don't eat much because of the nausea. I haven't taken a sick day from work, but I don't live a normal life those first few days either. I thank my lucky stars when it happens on a weekend.

Same here. NO water, no boat! I was stuck on our boat once...that sucked.

I'm thinking your cycle isn't really all that bad if you can hang at the amusement park all day. I couldn't wait on a line for more than an hour. We don't go on our boat when I'm the first few days, I have a medical note to use the restroom whenever it's needed during work....I could NEVER make it through a 3 hour standardized test.

Its' not BS and it's not whiny but you are ignorant and judgmental. I'd LOVE to be able to not care or think about my cycle...unfortunately the only way that will happen is if I have a partial hysterectomy (which I'm considering).
It doesn't surprise me that some men may not have been around women experiencing difficult periods, but I am pretty surprised in the venom and complete lack of information coming out of some of the women on this thread! How could THEY have no empathy for the women who go thru crap month after month after month.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:43 PM

168 posts, read 370,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post

I'm thinking your cycle isn't really all that bad if you can hang at the amusement park all day. I couldn't wait on a line for more than an hour. We don't go on our boat when I'm the first few days, I have a medical note to use the restroom whenever it's needed during work....I could NEVER make it through a 3 hour standardized test.

Its' not BS and it's not whiny but you are ignorant and judgmental. I'd LOVE to be able to not care or think about my cycle...unfortunately the only way that will happen is if I have a partial hysterectomy (which I'm considering).
Think what you want, but like I said EVERYONE gets it, so why whine about it? Mine got 10 times worse after having kids. The cramping, back aches, and more that is TMI, all got way worse after the kids. But I can't stop my day just because I feel like crap. Life goes on. One of my girls got lucky and has an easy period. The other one is unlucky and is more like me. She sucks it up though because mommy sucks it up. It's not an excuse to lay in bed all day.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:24 PM

484 posts, read 2,210,833 times
i only suggested chocolates and massages for her period because thats what i found after googling how girls are like on their period. i would never do that for a first date rofl....

anyways date went pretty good imo. Wasnt the best date i ever had but wasnt horrible either.We just walked around point loma cabrillo monument to show her the view, and sit by the ocean and talk. we joked about our past like a bird crapping on her face before a really big presentation for one of her classes, me forgetting my pants for the interview(which they flew me out for).

when i dropped her off i didnt hug her or anything but after i get home
she texts me "Thanks for the touring and i had a good time "

I dont know if she is saying that to be nice or she really had a good time. Sigh i remember why i liked being single now

Old 03-08-2014, 07:40 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrscandles View Post
Think what you want, but like I said EVERYONE gets it, so why whine about it? Mine got 10 times worse after having kids. The cramping, back aches, and more that is TMI, all got way worse after the kids. But I can't stop my day just because I feel like crap. Life goes on. One of my girls got lucky and has an easy period. The other one is unlucky and is more like me. She sucks it up though because mommy sucks it up. It's not an excuse to lay in bed all day.
And I didn't see anyone on this thread that said it was.
Also, folks weren't whining about it. They were sharing experiences and advising the OP on why his date may not want to go to an amusement park.

Like I said, you have no clue what a horrible cycle is like if you can spend the day at an amusement park. A heavy period is one thing...I used to have a heavy period. That was a cake walk compared to what I go through now. Consider yourself lucky.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
Op - just make sure you lick it clean first.
*vomits*

Old 03-08-2014, 07:48 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,430,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
*vomits*
Be glad I didn't post what I wanted to. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships