Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 02:20 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,146,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
Any attractive woman that is having a hard time getting guys to approach needs to take a look inside to see what type of signals she is giving out. I don't know too many men that are going to approach a woman that has a pissed off....combative....unfriendly look on her face.

If you aren't getting guys to approach you then it is your fault.
"Getting guys to approach" - that means I would have to initiate. I generally don't find a man attractive if I have to initiate. But when I've tried just to try, I get the response I described in my first post.

I'm very shy and have been mistaken for a snob at times, but some of that is prejudice against stylish, thin women who aren't outgoing. So I make effort to smile and make female friends, but men just look freaked out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 02:25 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
^ Thank you both. To clarify, I was not fishing for compliments.
I love fishing......

Old 03-09-2014, 02:40 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,621,535 times
Quote:
"Getting guys to approach" - that means I would have to initiate. I generally don't find a man attractive if I have to initiate. But when I've tried just to try, I get the response I described in my first post.

I'm very shy and have been mistaken for a snob at times, but some of that is prejudice against stylish, thin women who aren't outgoing. So I make effort to smile and make female friends, but men just look freaked out.
Welcome to real life. Sometimes you have to be willing to reach a little to get what you truly want. The guys you have been conversing with up to this point are idiots. That is why they reacted the way they did. If a guy is interested in you then he will definitely reciprocate your advance. If he is not interested he will either give you a funny look or politely say no thanks and end conversation.

Don't let the few dummies you have been in contact with ruin it for the rest of us guys.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:44 PM

17,639 posts, read 22,653,975 times
Quote:

Perhaps you might meet some nice men, if you join a fishing, hiking, biking, bird watching, or photography club.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:45 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,053,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Most men would gladly accept an invitation to a date even if they didn't think the woman was good-looking. Contrast that to most women, who would find the vast majority of men physically unattractive and/or not rich enough and thus not worth a single date. We have a lot of men giving up on dating due to rejection. I know there probably exists a woman who I find attractive and who wouldn't reject me, but since I'm 0 for 3, I constantly doubt myself and am afraid of striking out more because it'll further compound my lack of confidence.

Oh probably because many women aren't interested in a man who has given up on dating due to rejection. We prefer men with backbones who can handle difficult issues when they enter ones life without having to crawl into a fetal position.

Old 03-09-2014, 02:58 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryManback View Post
Most men would gladly accept an invitation to a date even if they didn't think the woman was good-looking. Contrast that to most women, who would find the vast majority of men physically unattractive and/or not rich enough and thus not worth a single date. We have a lot of men giving up on dating due to rejection. I know there probably exists a woman who I find attractive and who wouldn't reject me, but since I'm 0 for 3, I constantly doubt myself and am afraid of striking out more because it'll further compound my lack of confidence.
It happened to me once. But I told her we couldn't see each other anymore because she is a Hooters/party girl. That doesn't go good for my lifestyle.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
Oh probably because many women aren't interested in a man who has given up on dating due to rejection. We prefer men with backbones who can handle difficult issues when they enter ones life without having to crawl into a fetal position.
Wow. Harsh much?

Old 03-09-2014, 03:10 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,053,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
Wow. Harsh much?
A man who is emotionally weak is not attractive to most women. Sometimes the truth hurts. But the truth is better than expecting a woman to step into a man's role.

Old 03-09-2014, 03:18 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,121,280 times
It's just dating. Does it really matter who initiates?

Old 03-09-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
A man who is emotionally weak is not attractive to most women. Sometimes the truth hurts. But the truth is better than expecting a woman to step into a man's role.
A woman approached me. But I am not an emotionally weak man. I could care less what women think about me. I'm not here to be liked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships