Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 11:09 AM

513 posts, read 737,585 times

Advertisements

... met a man on a dating site and even though it didn't seem we had a lot in common, he really pushed meeting me, so I agreed. He had such a big belly and was so short, he had to get into his car with the seat back, wedge his stomach in, and then pull the seat back up so he could reach the car pedals. He told me I was too fat for him and he was tired of dating women who didn't resemble their online photos. I had gained about 8-10 pounds since my picture was taken (it had been about 6-8 months), but he certainly was no prize, and was very blunt to the point of rudeness about my appearance.

He cut the date short (just lunch) and informed me he was going to go hang out at his apartment pool to see who he could "pick up" and try to "salvage" his afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 11:17 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyst View Post
... met a man on a dating site and even though it didn't seem we had a lot in common, he really pushed meeting me, so I agreed. He had such a big belly and was so short, he had to get into his car with the seat back, wedge his stomach in, and then pull the seat back up so he could reach the car pedals. He told me I was too fat for him and he was tired of dating women who didn't resemble their online photos. I had gained about 8-10 pounds since my picture was taken (it had been about 6-8 months), but he certainly was no prize, and was very blunt to the point of rudeness about my appearance.

He cut the date short (just lunch) and informed me he was going to go hang out at his apartment pool to see who he could "pick up" and try to "salvage" his afternoon.
That's a funny story. He took the time to tell you how he would salvage the afternoon? It's even funnier if you picture him with a Napoleon Dynamite voice. I don't mean to laugh at your disappointing experience. I really am laughing at him, not you.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:40 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
Short women some not much too look at call me a midget and say im too short **** happens theryes alot of ugly people who are aholes and shallow as much as anyone else

Old 03-12-2014, 02:44 PM

415 posts, read 764,961 times
Sounds like you need a chubby chaser.... there out there, if you eat it'' they will come ....

Old 03-12-2014, 03:12 PM

31,081 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
To reach ... when all of his layers of fat are going to interfere he can't reach if he has to deal with layers of fat on the other person, especially if he got the short end of the stick.
For real.
When I brought up the hypocracy of a former girlfriends (She was a plus size model) refusal to date heavy guys when I asked her why she never had. She responded she just wasn't attracted to them and besides two bigs don't fit together so well. Explains why you see skinny guys with some bigger women.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:17 PM

47 posts, read 79,567 times
Wow.

Every time I think I've finally witnessed the absolute limit of human stupidity(and hypocrisy), something like this happens.

You deserve a medal for not breaking any ribs laughing at him. I'd have failed so miserably at trying not to that anyone else present would probably think he sat on me by accident.

Old 03-12-2014, 03:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,010,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
Short women some not much too look at call me a midget and say im too short **** happens theryes alot of ugly people who are aholes and shallow as much as anyone else
Rejecting in a cruel and heartless manner is not limited to those who are "elite" in their physical appearance. I have had overweight women reject me and be just as cruel about it as any "hot" woman who ever rejected me. The lesson I learned: size, weight, and appearance has nothing to do with it. A rude person is a rude person, regardless of what she looks like. I never let it bother me because I can't control how another person acts and therefore refuse to worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
Sounds like you need a chubby chaser.... there out there, if you eat it'' they will come ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
For real.
When I brought up the hypocracy of a former girlfriends (She was a plus size model) refusal to date heavy guys when I asked her why she never had. She responded she just wasn't attracted to them and besides two bigs don't fit together so well. Explains why you see skinny guys with some bigger women.
Two thoughts:

I've mentioned a plus-size type woman I dated briefly. She was tall and "big." Huge boobs, thick trunk, big butt. I'm 5'7" and at the time weight about 155. She confused the living hell out of me sometimes. She was already taller than me by several inches, but she would wear heals when we went out, then grow sensitive that she was so dominant of me. She told me she loved having a "smaller man" but was constantly suspicious of my motives. She told me she enjoyed dating a white guy (I was her first) but constantly questioned why I wanted to date a black girl. This is the same girl who put her hand over my mouth and told me to to respond to something she said. I couldn't take it anymore and had to break it off with her. That sucked because despite all the confusion and frustration, she was a great person. We just were not the right fit for each other.

And speaking of fit...

I think your former girlfriend was right when she said "two bigs don't fit together so well." I've been open with my preferences, so most here know I like big girls. A common theme among some of the bigger partners I've had over the years is they were very happy to have a "lean, fit" guy like me because I "fit" well with them. I think there is a lot to it. My wife put on a lot of her weight after we were married, and even she observed at one point it was a good thing one of us was lean, because intimacy would be a much bigger challenge if we were both overweight. I don't blame a big woman for wanting a lean man, especially if she feels it enhances her sexual experiences with him due to proper "fit."

Old 03-12-2014, 06:09 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:

What's with these fat men who do this? I once met a fat man who told me I was too fat for him, though the funny thing is I was considered underweight at the time. There were men on dating sites who would contact me because I wasn't fat and complain about the fat women though they were fat. Why does it seem most fat men on dating sites seem to think they are average? I don't date fat men but I'm not fat myself and fat really doesn't appeal to me.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:06 PM

181 posts, read 218,430 times
Quote:

A guy with a low IQ

Old 03-12-2014, 10:50 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Most people are nice, but there will always be jerks along the way. Congrats on losing the 75 pounds, keep it up and keep losing more. Just forget about this guy, he's probably just mad because you're losing weight and he's not. People like to bring others down when they're jealous.
x2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships