Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Well, if they have crap, dead end, low paying jobs, maybe they should concentrate on getting some education or training to qualify them for a better job. That would help their confidence. I doubt that it would get them a girlfriend, but it would make an improvement in their lives.

There isn't too much a man can do that is less attractive then passively and endlessly whining about how luck hasn't given him everything he wants.
Of course there's the flip side of luck where a guy has everything handed to him and it gave him a swelled head and a self important attitude to match which apparently is OK to many women. He was just like me until women started throwing themselves at him and he became a whole different person.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:55 AM

106 posts, read 103,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winfield View Post
Yeah, you're basically telling these guys to be sexless their entire lives.

To anyone reading this, there is absolutely NO SHAME in going to a sex worker.
well, you definitely get my point. but as the posts on this thread indicates, seems there is still a lot of shaming of the john and sex worker.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
Having my act together didn't do anything for me, either. I made about 20% more per month when I was in the Navy than I do now, but didn't have any more success finding women who reciprocated my feelings. And if in the future I make a lot more money -- I'm working on a Cisco CCNA cert -- and women are suddenly interested, I would ignore those people. I want a girlfriend not a prostitute.

You interpreted my words of getting their act together as meaning income .. the post was talking about social misfits. I wasn't talking about income.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:02 AM

2,319 posts, read 3,051,605 times
Quote:
Having my act together didn't do anything for me, either. I made about 20% more per month than I do now, but didn't have any more success finding women who reciprocated my feelings. And if in the future I make a lot more money -- I'm working on a Cisco CCNA cert -- and women are suddenly interested, I would ignore those people. I want a girlfriend not a prostitute.

Oh and thank you for your service.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 AM

106 posts, read 103,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
If you can't get laid without paying somebody to do it, you're STILL just as sad, pathetic, [fill in the blank with stereotypical descriptor of your choice] as you were before.
so true, but now you no longer have the virgin issue to use as an excuse.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:22 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
I can't speak for others, but in my case, it's not about sex itself; it's about loneliness, isolation, feeling empty because not only are my feelings not reciprocated, but in all but two cases, they felt "uncomfortable"upon learning I had feelings.

To me, meeting someone in a completely platonic context and slowly developing feelings for them is desired and romantic. But most of the women for whom I've developed feelings obviously don't agree.

I'm thinking if a situation like in the movie Princess Bride, where Wesley slowly develops feelings for Buttercup. In my life, however, "as you wish"might slowly become "I love you"from my perspective, but from hers, it remains platonic friendship, if that.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 AM

Location: "Silicon Valley" (part of San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA)
4,375 posts, read 4,070,027 times
So it's not about having sex for the first time, it's about someone reciprocating my feelings.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Well, if they have crap, dead end, low paying jobs, maybe they should concentrate on getting some education or training to qualify them for a better job. That would help their confidence. I doubt that it would get them a girlfriend, but it would make an improvement in their lives.

There isn't too much a man can do that is less attractive then passively and endlessly whining about how luck hasn't given him everything he wants.

A substantial number of them do have an education; they are underachievers socially, vocationally, and financially. They often have useless college degrees and lack the skills needed to put those degrees to rewarding use.

Old 03-12-2014, 11:41 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,700 times
Quote:
So it's not about having sex for the first time, it's about someone reciprocating my feelings.
Reciprocation of feelings is the rarest thing to find today.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:13 PM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moejackson View Post
well, you definitely get my point. but as the posts on this thread indicates, seems there is still a lot of shaming of the john and sex worker.
I think there's a lot more idealization the sex worker than shaming thereof. it's not all dire, but there's a lot about sex work that's problematic. Some guys act like prostitution is a scholarship program for young hot coeds who just love sex so so much. Or they complain that not getting laid is a violation of their human rights..

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 03-12-2014 at 01:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships