Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 12:06 PM

182 posts, read 211,360 times

Advertisements

I'd like to get some perspective on this. I met a lady back on Mardi Gras day (3/4) and we hit it off really well that evening. We've been on two more dinner dates since then that I felt went well. I really enjoyed her company and I would be interested in a relationship with this woman.

The problem is that things don't seem to be progressing properly. We've made out with each other during each date but she doesn't invite me inside afterwards. I don't want to waste my time. I'm thinking she is "on the fence" with me and probably is seeing someone else also. Is it time to write this off yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 12:07 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
3 dates and no sex?

Sounds like she has cut YOU off, not the other way around

Look, some women want to be careful about who they sleep with - I know, go figure, that's a hard concept for some of you guys to embrace.

Why not just be a grown up and have a conversation with her about this?

Old 03-25-2014, 12:07 PM

3,032 posts, read 4,733,446 times
this three dates rule is a thing of the movies/tv shows that has no basis in reality.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:08 PM

374 posts, read 393,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post
I'd like to get some perspective on this. I met a lady back on Mardi Gras day (3/4) and we hit it off really well that evening. We've been on two more dinner dates since then that I felt went well. I really enjoyed her company and I would be interested in a relationship with this woman.

The problem is that things don't seem to be progressing properly. We've made out with each other during each date but she doesn't invite me inside afterwards. I don't want to waste my time. I'm thinking she is "on the fence" with me and probably is seeing someone else also. Is it time to write this off yet?
Ha wow, you're going to write someone off because they haven't had sex with you after 3 dates? Sounds like she doesn't need to go on 4th date with you.

I say you tell her what you said here and see how she responds......

Old 03-25-2014, 12:10 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Before this thread continues, I need to run out and get some popcorn and snacks.

This is going to be good.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Rider View Post

Honestly, those are the ones you keep around.

She has respect for her body and isn't easy. She wants a relationship (hopefully) and doesn't just sleep around all the time. TONS of men (myself included in the past) will lose total interest if a woman sleeps with them after the first date.

After a few dates with a woman (around 3-5) if she hasn't slept with me yet, I ask myself, "Do I really want to date her?" Because 1. You should know by then. 2. It's not fair to lead her on that far just for sex if you have no interest in dating her.

So, why don't you try talking to her? If you're really interested in the woman, which it seems, I'd say wait it out and hope for the best. Also know, that since she respects herself more and isn't "easy" I'd imagine she is much easier to trust and less willing to cheat.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:11 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Ditch her.

Let her find a man who respects her enough not to just jump in bed with her. Do you even know her last name?

Old 03-25-2014, 12:12 PM

867 posts, read 908,763 times
Whelp you are going to get a lot of push back for your way of phrasing things. As for me if you live by hard and fast rules--a common mistake for both and women--then you might be cutting out potentially good people in your life.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:13 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_Sellers View Post
Ditch her.

If your timeline is 3 dates (which it should be), there will be other women out there who are takers.
Ha, please. What a joke. If that's the timeline, then he should have no issues with women and should have 3 he's banging on the side to hold him over until the new girl decides to be "his girlfriend" and actually have sex with him..

Old 03-25-2014, 12:23 PM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Gray,

After the mess with that one chick do you really think its wise to rush into sex?

Women who are a little more cautious about sleeping with someone too soon just might be more stable. Just sayin.

Take some time to get to know her if you think it could be something more than just sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships