Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 02:47 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times

Advertisements

I will take people out (including their kids)and buy dinner, assuming they will repay the favor eventually and most do. However if one person is having this done without payback there is a problem. The guy I mentioned couldn't afford to take me out except fast food but expected me to pay for his kids. However if I brought my parents or other people he would have gotten mad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 03:47 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I will take people out (including their kids)and buy dinner, assuming they will repay the favor eventually and most do. However if one person is having this done without payback there is a problem. The guy I mentioned couldn't afford to take me out except fast food but expected me to pay for his kids. However if I brought my parents or other people he would have gotten mad.

So why were you ever hanging out with such people? It's incredibly uncommon to run into such people, in general, I've found in life. Why would you ever go out with them more than once? Poor quality character people scream they're poor quality from the start in most cases.

Old 01-13-2015, 03:53 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,896,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
So why were you ever hanging out with such people? It's incredibly uncommon to run into such people, in general, I've found in life. Why would you ever go out with them more than once? Poor quality character people scream they're poor quality from the start in most cases.
Because he is a good guy, just had bad drama.

Old 01-13-2015, 04:08 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Because he is a good guy, just had bad drama.
Yeah, ok

Old 01-20-2015, 03:19 PM

1,797 posts, read 2,235,049 times
I would not date a single mom before I met my current wife (married 14 yrs!). I was free and played the field and liked it that way. But then I met her and nothing else mattered. All is well.
That said, it was hell for me. The adjustment is massive. Also, if the kid's birth dad is still in the picture, tread lightly and be very careful. Especially if he's a jerk. Dad's family will also be around (grandparents, etc). It's just a lot to negotiate around.
I am glad I did it, and my step-kids are now young adults and I love them as much as if they were my own. And they love me.
Dating a single mom is nothing like dating a woman without kids. It is a HUGE difference. It's not like you're asking, "Why won't he date me if I have a fake foot?" or "I have no car.....can I still get dates?" All of that is small potatoes compared to asking why a guy won't turn his life upside down and compromise and change and adjust. And oh by the way, end up financing and raising kids if it gets serious.
And wait till the youngest one wants to call you "dad," but their real loser dad is still around. Well?
Glad I pulled the trigger, glad I stuck it out (yes there were a couple of times early on when I thought I was insane for attempting it). But it is HARD.
That's why.

Old 01-20-2015, 05:57 PM

79 posts, read 64,864 times
Why is this even a question. No guy wants to be a volunteer cuckold.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:21 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,712,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsdap View Post
Why is this even a question. No guy wants to be a volunteer cuckold.
1. Look at the post above yours. Speak for yourself.
2. Look up the definition of cuckold. Single moms will cheat on these men in the future? Is that really what you meant or are you throwing words around that you don't understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships