Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2014, 06:22 PM

537 posts, read 769,408 times

Advertisements

How often do you make plans to see each other again at the conclusion of a first date?

I had a really, really good date. But we didn't make plans to see each other again at the conclusion. So now I'm thinking he didn't really enjoy himself as much as I thought. For lukewarm dates, I seem to always have the guy clamoring to go on the next one, but I've only made plans for a second date on the first date like a handful of times. But this was the rare date where I felt excited after and actually wanted to go out again. Yes, I did not say anything other than have a great weekend, and I realize this was lame. However, I blame illness (felt like crap today).

I did text him to say I had fun and want to do it again. He was a really nice, down to earth, smart, and adorably dorky guy.

Anyway....open to any thoughts you may have, good, bad, or indifferent. Do you typically make plans for a second date on the first?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2014, 08:14 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,639,646 times
Pretty much most of the times guys generally make plans to see each me again at the conclusion of the date with the rest making plans during the date. I rarely think to make plans after a date as I'm a multi-dater and to me the guys are pretty much replaceable and exchangeable.

I think it's not suited for a gal to be the one seeking to plans as to me I find guys often play the who is less interested has the power/control possibly due to their desire to be the 'dominate' one/the one wearing the pants. It may be more suited to ask if he had a good time as that may be more lined with equal/similar footing and about mutual reciprocation of interest.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:31 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanhvtnymd View Post
How often do you make plans to see each other again at the conclusion of a first date?

I had a really, really good date. But we didn't make plans to see each other again at the conclusion. So now I'm thinking he didn't really enjoy himself as much as I thought. For lukewarm dates, I seem to always have the guy clamoring to go on the next one, but I've only made plans for a second date on the first date like a handful of times. But this was the rare date where I felt excited after and actually wanted to go out again. Yes, I did not say anything other than have a great weekend, and I realize this was lame. However, I blame illness (felt like crap today).

I did text him to say I had fun and want to do it again. He was a really nice, down to earth, smart, and adorably dorky guy.

Anyway....open to any thoughts you may have, good, bad, or indifferent. Do you typically make plans for a second date on the first?
I did have a recent experience where the guy asked for the second date on the first date which was great because I didn't have to wonder if I would hear from him again, but it doesn't always happen that way. I wouldn't worry about it just yet. Some guys just don't want to appear too eager.

Old 03-30-2014, 04:15 AM

99 posts, read 135,425 times
I wouldn't worry about it. I've had guys show interest and plan the second date during the first only to find out he wasn't interested in a second date for real. Then I've had guys who've made no mention of a second date but was very much interested and called to set up plans.

Old 04-01-2014, 06:12 PM

537 posts, read 769,408 times
Update: He contacted me the next day for a second date. He selected a restaurant that required reservations. I'm in my very early 30s, and I'm used to Dave & Buster's second dates; but no complaints here!

Old 04-01-2014, 06:26 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanhvtnymd View Post
Update: He contacted me the next day for a second date. He selected a restaurant that required reservations. I'm in my very early 30s, and I'm used to Dave & Buster's second dates; but no complaints here!
Great, have fun!

Old 04-02-2014, 01:43 PM

32,659 posts, read 48,067,543 times
I think that some men feel they lose the advantage if they look too eager. Or even that they don't necessarily think so, but their buddies have told them not to look too eager.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:07 PM

231 posts, read 382,217 times
Haven't you ever watched the movie Swingers? You are supposed to wait 3 day.

Old 04-02-2014, 02:32 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,939,884 times
I don't always make plans at the conclusion of a first date. Sometimes I simply forget or don't feel like asking.

My advice, just stay in contact with him.. there's no written rule for what a guy has to do. Sometimes I wait one day, sometimes same day and sometimes more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships