Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 01:32 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,349,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Leaf View Post
I'm not a dancer but I went to a singles dance and something that I noticed is that pretty much all women would dance with any guy regardless of looks. The guys didn't even half to ask, the women would gladly just go up to them because they just want to dance regardless.

I used to think that it might mean a women was interested in you if she asked you to dance but not anymore. Last night a girl asked me to dance and I told her I don't dance and she started begging so I went ahead and danced anyway but I don't know why since it didn't get me anywhere, not even a quick conversation. I think if you could dig a corpse up from the grave, attach some stings to it and dangle it from above women would dance with it.

So if this is true it begs the question, what's the point of dancing with women if it has no bearing on whether or not they're interested in you?
To enjoy yourself, of course.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2014, 04:06 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
Quote:
So if this is true it begs the question, what's the point of dancing with women if it has no bearing on whether or not they're interested in you?
Is the concept of dance for the sake of just dance that alien? So you require that there must always be another agenda behind it?

Old 04-01-2014, 05:01 AM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
I'm not a dancer but I went to a singles dance and something that I noticed is that pretty much all women would dance with any guy regardless of looks. The guys didn't even half to ask, the women would gladly just go up to them because they just want to dance regardless.

I used to think that it might mean a women was interested in you if she asked you to dance but not anymore. Last night a girl asked me to dance and I told her I don't dance and she started begging so I went ahead and danced anyway but I don't know why since it didn't get me anywhere, not even a quick conversation. I think if you could dig a corpse up from the grave, attach some stings to it and dangle it from above women would dance with it.

You either have no self esteem or you failed to get the woman's attention. Women may not instantly let on that they're interested, preferring several chances to check you out from different vantage points.

If a man goes to a dance and can't score a decent interaction from at least one woman, then he missed his chance.

You need to start asking women to dance and stop acting like a corpse.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:27 PM

1,351 posts, read 1,598,774 times
My god. We have yet another chronic overthinker in here. Lost Leaf, most women (and many men too) like to dance because it's fun! It's a good way for them to get outside their own head and be in the moment and just enjoy moving their bodies. It's not necessary to scrutinize everything with a microscope. Some things don't need a purpose, agenda or goal.

If you don't like to dance then don't go to a dance class, club or party. People who go to such events and just sit on the sidelines are often considered unattractive, gutless and possibly even slightly creepy. It's better to be a crappy dancer who still gets out there and has fun. Yeah, a few other attendees might look at you oddly or mock you for having two left feet. So what? Just roll with it.

Old 04-01-2014, 01:44 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Why would someone that doesn't like to dance go to a dance club? I'm not a dancer, most of my female friends LOVE it (and yes, they're dance with anyone), but it isn't my thing, so why go?

Old 04-01-2014, 01:58 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,550 times
In general, women like to dance. We'll dance alone, with other women, with random dudes, and I imagine that if it's specifically a singles events, there's less pressure about who you're dancing with because you're in theory not worrying about significant others getting their panties/briefs in a bunch over you dancing with somebody. You're free to just have fun.

My point is that people often overlook this fact: a lot of singles go to singles events just to be around other single people. It's not always because they're looking for a mate. For many, singles events are outings where you get to celebrate the freedoms of not having one.

Old 04-01-2014, 02:02 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momentus;
Is the concept of dance for the sake of just dance that alien? So you require that there must always be another agenda behind it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742;
Why would someone that doesn't like to dance go to a dance club? I'm not a dancer, most of my female friends LOVE it (and yes, they're dance with anyone), but it isn't my thing, so why go?
Quote:
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point I take it. I already answered this. They're singles events, you know, where you go to get to know someone to possibly date. Most women just dance, dance, dance, never have a single conversation and go home, rinse and repeat.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:44 PM

3,636 posts, read 3,426,915 times
^ I am a tad confused - were you replying to me somehow or - - - is there a question? Was that a post?

Old 04-01-2014, 06:27 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,801,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You have to remember, while for most men, dancing is just a way to meet women, a lot of women just like dancing.
In my circles, the men like it just as much as the women do. I did have a man once admit to me that he was there to meet women but so far as I know he has never gotten a date there. Probably his personality and the fact that he never appears to be having a good time.

Quote:
Reading comprehension isn't your strong point I take it. I already answered this. They're singles events, you know, where you go to get to know someone to possibly date. Most women just dance, dance, dance, never have a single conversation and go home, rinse and repeat.
Well apparently I'm not the only one who thinks you come off angry about this. Why is it exactly that you think people should behave the way you want them to? With your prickly attitude on here, maybe you give off those vibes on the dance floor too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships