Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:33 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
She knows how he feels about that place. Should she stop shopping there to stop his opinions?

No, of course not, and I think he's a boob.

Still, you slammed him for having and opinion and being strong willed. Those are good traits.

His being a jerk is a separate issue. One can have ideals, an opinion, and a be head strong and not be a jerk, especially to your SO.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:38 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times
He prefers Target?

Ask him to buy you some targets there. And some ammo. Specifically, Winchester .45 ACP JHP 230g.

Tell him you want to go shooting, and when he starts whining again, tell him you would prefer a real man for a change.
An American, with a truck, and a dog, and a bible, and really cool guns. Maybe a beard.

Start wearing some camo, put a fish on the back of your car, and an American flag over your front door.

Put Duck Dynasty on the TV and treat him to lunch at Chik-Fil-A.

Play Rush Limbaugh on the radio and email him the latest Obama jokes.

He will soon whimper like a little ******* girl while you go back to your husband who still pays for your Sams' Club shopping sprees.

Live happily ever-after.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:39 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
What if you told him you'd shop there 50% less? Walmart stinks but at times it's almost a necessary evil.

Reduce the amount of money you spend there and stop being a lazy shopper. Use your brain. Support the competition -- any competition. Walmart has gradually increased its prices on many items after it's killed off the competition.

Is that really what you want? Walmart provides low quality merchandise and makes it difficult to find better options. Try a little harder. Maybe your boyfriend actually loves you and thinks you can do better than being a part of the lowest common denominator lifestyle.

Last edited by ellie; 04-03-2014 at 07:51 PM..

Old 04-03-2014, 07:43 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Some people are hypocrites, they want their cheap prices yet don't want to support big corporations..... take your pick... cause on a pure price point basis most mom and pops can't compete...

Put your money where your mouth is.......

Old 04-03-2014, 07:51 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Some people are hypocrites, they want their cheap prices yet don't want to support big corporations..... take your pick... cause on a pure price point basis most mom and pops can't compete...

Well, I generally do (these things aren't absolutes), but of course, I don't think there are any Walmart's near me. So it makes the choice easy

I did go to a Target a couple of years ago when I moved in to a new place, it was convenient to get a shower curtain, broom, etc all in one place.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:55 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,158,341 times
Time to write an article for a woman's magazine titled:

Walmart Destroyed my Love Life!

Make money with it. Then shop at Costco. They do pay a living wage.

(I also shop at Walmart. I enjoy whale-watching. And their soy milk is cheap.)

Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Thank you someone how gets it. I try not to shop at Walmart but I do from time to time it has nothing to do there way they run there company . I do go there much seeing there products are not well made. I do buy my dickies their but that is about it.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,642,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Thanks someone that gets it .

Old 04-03-2014, 08:35 PM

6,230 posts, read 6,923,893 times
I try to buy quality products from quality retailers/etailers so I don't have to run to WalMart every other day to replace them. The truth is we have become a country where most people are too broke to shop anywhere else.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
This is not a dealbreaker for the relationship, but my new BF is a Walmart hater. I shop at Walmart. I'm aware of the controversies and have my own opinions. I don't really care where other people shop. I'm not making a lot of money right now and I like that Walmart is one stop shopping for virtually all my household needs and most personal needs. I know where everything is and what they have before I step into the store. If i ever became rich, I would still find it convenient to shop at Walmart. I'm lucky to live in an area with nice Walmarts and know which ones to avoid when possible. There is a Walmart half a mile from my work. I have a Sam's club card that my ex husband pays for which I use on occasion when it is convenient. I don't see how Walmart is really any worse than any other big american corporation. I don't raise this issue or argue with people about it. I don't try to convince them that they should shop there. I just shop and mind my own business.

So my BF is politically opposed to Walmart in general, as well as Sam's Club. He brings it up all the freakin time! I've explained some of my points of view as defined above, but I don't want to come across as "Dude, you'd shop there too if you were as broke as I am" because it is not his business how broke I am. So I avoid the topic when possible.

So last weekend we went to Target for something and he immediately started in on how much nicer it is than Walmart. I remained neutral on the subject (since I don't really find it interesting as a topic for discussion) and started talking about other things, and I think he took it personally....

So what to do with the Walmart hater? Is this going to tank my relationship because I won't join his hate parade? Like I said, i don't try to persuade him to shop there, we have plenty of other options.

WWYD??

I would put this in the category of trivial and if you allow this trivial issue to "tank your relationship" it is your choice to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships