Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to be single?
Hot male 85 62.96%
Hot female 50 37.04%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 02:33 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,216,410 times

Advertisements

I say it can be even. But I lean toward hot women being single.

Equally hot, but arrogant, men who just want to fool around, and don't really value her because they can have most women they want. She's just the current hottie. Or, sloppy guys without much to lose, so they'll approach anything from hot to hideous. The more decent men either will be too shy to approach, or assume she's taken.

So hot women will then be labeled too nit-picky because they naturally don't want to stick with creeps, or date slobs, or get dumped after a guy is bored of the same woman. But being hot, people will assume all her options have been nothing but grand and that men fall over her. Which is not true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2015, 03:51 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,212,666 times
I truly believe that location plays a huge role in this....
Where I'm at it's definitely attractive females that are single....
I talk to a lot of them-
& it seems as if we've all kind of given up.

But attractive men here, who are normal, kind, intelligent, successful & have actual morals--
Are very hard to come by.

Old 10-18-2015, 04:25 PM

154 posts, read 128,479 times
At 32, I do find it difficult to find single, very attractive females my age. Not saying I deserve a female who is "very attractive", but, of course, that's what we're always going to shoot for

Old 10-18-2015, 07:13 PM

52,417 posts, read 52,947,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post
At 32, I do find it difficult to find single, very attractive females my age. Not saying I deserve a female who is "very attractive", but, of course, that's what we're always going to shoot for
I think in a few more yrs all the people that you grew up with that got married in the low to mid 20's when those divorces start happening you'll be inundated with single/divorced women in their mid to late 30's......

Old 10-18-2015, 07:15 PM

154 posts, read 128,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think in a few more yrs all the people that you grew up with that got married in the low to mid 20's when those divorces start happening you'll be inundated with single/divorced women in their mid to late 30's......
LOL! That's my new pickup line "you guys happy?"

Old 10-18-2015, 08:01 PM

864 posts, read 1,459,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kch84 View Post
i think it's women who are single. A lot of guys that i meet don't understand how i'm still single. Well, i created a life for myself that i worked very hard for and want certain things in a partner, not going to settle at this point.
+1

Old 10-18-2015, 08:33 PM

479 posts, read 434,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
My daily poll on CD, simple question who do you think is more likely to be single an attractive man or an attractive woman? Now to be clear when I say single I mean no romantic relationships of any kind to anyone.

No dating
No exclusive relationship
No casual sex with someone on the side

Nothing
Nothing. Sounds like you're talking about me.

Old 10-18-2015, 09:15 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,250,078 times
I voted that hot males are more likely to be single. It was a mathematical decision -- females outnumber males a little. I have also read that older females who live alone fare better than men. This may be because women often serve as nurturers in their friendships with other females, but I don't think men do this so much. Maybe it really is harder to be a man in some sense.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:13 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,060,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrassMug View Post
Date younger, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Eh, I'm 28 (so almost that poster's age). I'd be hesitant to date divorced women. If they are divorced these days, it usually means that, to some degree, they are unable to honor commitments.

Of course, you do have the odd situation where the husband was abusive, a drunk, lazy, etc....but then that would make me question her judgment for getting involved with him in the first place.

Also, she may have kids, which is an absolute no go for me personally.

Old 10-18-2015, 10:14 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,244,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I voted that hot males are more likely to be single. It was a mathematical decision -- females outnumber males a little. I have also read that older females who live alone fare better than men. This may be because women often serve as nurturers in their friendships with other females, but I don't think men do this so much. Maybe it really is harder to be a man in some sense.
If women outnumber men, than why do you think that there are more single hot men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships