Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More likely to be single?
Hot male 85 62.96%
Hot female 50 37.04%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2015, 10:15 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,058,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I voted that hot males are more likely to be single. It was a mathematical decision -- females outnumber males a little. I have also read that older females who live alone fare better than men. This may be because women often serve as nurturers in their friendships with other females, but I don't think men do this so much. Maybe it really is harder to be a man in some sense.
From what I've seen, men, in general, are just not as good as taking care of themselves as women are. Usually, men are less likely to undergo routine medical tests and physicals, for example.

I do believe, however, that this is changing. With the increase in women working, I think you will see it evening out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2015, 09:24 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,247,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
If women outnumber men, than why do you think that there are more single hot men?
That is a good question. Let me think about it. Maybe I'm just not good at math! LOL

Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 PM

154 posts, read 128,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
That is a good question. Let me think about it. Maybe I'm just not good at math! LOL
Because us men are better looking than you women! It's simple, really! JK, I know this is not true.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:42 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,006,536 times
It also depends on how we define "NOT SINGLE."

Any woman can punch well above her weight if the only objective is to have casual sex, FWB arrangements and casual dating relationships. The vast majority of men cannot attract women AT OR ABOVE THEIR "LEVEL" for anything that doesn't involve a reasonably serious commitment.

Women hold the cards for NSA sex, flings etc., but men are often more successful when dealing with women that actually want a serious relationship that leads somewhere. In other words, a woman that's a "6" can easily pull a male "9" if she's content to share him with other women. However if she wants monogamy, she may find that pulling that "9" becomes much more difficult.

Old 10-21-2015, 06:55 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,645,050 times
around my area, no way is an attractive female more likely to be single than an attractive male. Women have their pick of the litter.. Continually move onto the bigger and better.

Women don't enjoy going to the bathroom alone let alone not be in a relationship. From what I witness that is... Just about every attractive lady in this area that I know is in a relationship.

Old 10-22-2015, 12:02 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,928,415 times
a hot mail has NO reason to be in a committed relationship...unless hes watched one too many notebook type flicks and is all stary eyed about being in love

when I was single I had more sex than I ever did in a relationship
I also had no shortage of women to spend time with, go places with, cook a meal together and cuddle with a movie with etc...Ive NEVER had a problem meeting plenty of women, I don't consider myself a hot male...but there must be something here as I have never been able to get the girl I wanted...well almost never

Old 10-22-2015, 12:08 PM

78,552 posts, read 60,762,573 times
Depends on the age group but typically I'd say the guy, especially if he's younger.

Most of the really hot guys I've known over the years had women hanging off them left and right and 2-3 F-buddies on the side. As such, they were "single" most of the time even if their girlfriend didn't get the memo.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:14 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,688,871 times
How can you even answer this question? Some people are not single because they're needy and pathetic and need to be in a relationship. Has nothing to do with looks at all.

Old 11-13-2015, 04:32 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,335,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
The hot woman, because hot men are more rare! OKC tells us, only 20% of men are attractive .
No, it's just that women can cheat with makeup, nice hair, and fashionable clothing. Men can really only go so far with their clothing before he gets chided out as metrosexual or gay, although on the West Coast many men are getting away with it. So if only 20% of men are attractive, that means only 20% of women are attractive. The two sexes usually match up in terms of natural attractiveness.

I always said, if you want to really test out the crowd and see who the prettiest girl is, make all the women tie their hair in buns, wear the same t-shirt & jeans, no makeup. Then the truth will come out.

Last edited by skidamarink; 11-13-2015 at 04:50 PM..

Old 11-13-2015, 05:46 PM

112 posts, read 141,674 times
I would say the hot girl is more likely to be single because she chooses so.

The hot guy, if going through a dry spell, would most likely hit up a bar, bring a girl home and sleep with her. He is willing to compromise for a 6 even if he is a 9. I've seen it many times. Tons of 6"3 guys muscular and good looking, sometimes have to settle with a 5 or a 6 for a one night stand.

The hot girl...she is more likely to not compromise and thus she is more likely to remain single. She knows she is a 9 and demands only the best.

You see in the forums as well: average chicks here demanding the best: no video game playing guy, taller than her, good income, full set of hair, physically fit, etc.

So how picky do you think the hot girl will be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships