Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 10:52 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Confront her? Do you think that if you give her a good sound beating, or curse at her, she will learn to think you are the most handsome guy on earth?

Unless you really are, or think you are, the most handsome man on earth, why do you think your lady friend should not be allowed to notice that there are better looking men? You never look at other women? You've never seen another woman that you think is better looking that she is?

Maybe she was tactless. Without hearing what she said, I wouldn't know. But she is with you and she has chosen you. You can't live if there is some man somewhere who looks better than you do?

So, OK, dump her and find a girlfriend who has only dated ugly men, so that she will appreciate your looks.
Wow, u mad bro?

Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
I think the context, which is mostly missing, matters. For example, if you know one of her Xs and you said you thought he was better looking than you and her comments followed, well then you put her in a tough spot. Even then she might have simply declined to comment at all, but her comments would be excusable in that context.

However, if this comment was unprompted, then I think you ought to "confront" her with the information that what she said hurt you. You obviously seemed troubled by this, and you owe it to yourself to let her know that.

Talking to her may be the beginning of the end for you as a couple (or the next chapter given her comment) but you have to be willing to let that be. Being hurt and not speaking up because you're afraid of losing the person who hurt you is a recipe for emotional disaster.

Old 04-18-2014, 10:56 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Confront her? Do you think that if you give her a good sound beating, or curse at her, she will learn to think you are the most handsome guy on earth?

Unless you really are, or think you are, the most handsome man on earth, why do you think your lady friend should not be allowed to notice that there are better looking men? You never look at other women? You've never seen another woman that you think is better looking that she is?

Maybe she was tactless. Without hearing what she said, I wouldn't know. But she is with you and she has chosen you. You can't live if there is some man somewhere who looks better than you do?

So, OK, dump her and find a girlfriend who has only dated ugly men, so that she will appreciate your looks.
Lol. Only a horrible person incapable of empathy would tell their SO how much hotter all their previous lovers were than them. This chick sucks.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusss View Post
She says and I quote (roughly): You're not good looking. I've been with guys much hotter. But it doesn't matter - you are a very good person. That's why I am with you.

Although it hurt, I feel like I've fallen into my own trap - because I always say looks don't matter, only personality does. So now I can't even confront her. Still, it hurts to know that your SO doesn't think you're attractive. I already have low self-esteem and think I am a 3 even when most people say I am an 8. But for gf to treat me like a 3 is

Am I wasting my time with her?
Your low self-esteem is going to kill any relationship before it gets started.

You shouldn't have asked her if she finds you attractive; how do I know you asked? Because no chick is going to come out and say she doesn't think you are good-looking.

That said, she stated she isn't with you for your looks, but because you are a good person. Why is that not good enough for you?

Old 04-18-2014, 11:04 AM

CD amazes me. This dudes girlfriend straight tells him he's ugly AND tells him how much hotter her previous dudes were, and he gets bashed up and down the thread. Comical.

If chick came on here and laid one of these out : "My boyfriend told me I'm fat and ugly, and all his other lovers were so much hotter." We'd be witnessing a coddling session, telling her that she's beautiful no matter what and her boyfriend is an inconsiderate pig.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:08 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
CD amazes me. This dudes girlfriend straight tells him he's ugly AND tells him how much hotter her previous dudes were, and he gets bashed up and down the thread. Comical.
We're all just speculating here. While this was a tactless conversation to have, for sure, we don't know exactly what she said to him. Being called "not hot" isn't the same thing as being called ugly.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
We're all just speculating here. While this was a tactless conversation to have, for sure, we don't know exactly what she said to him. Being called "not hot" isn't the same thing as being called ugly.
I agree. But if she went on to tell him that the rest of her boyfriends were so much hotter, that's not just tactless. There is motive behind that.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:11 AM

589 posts, read 639,108 times
Quote:

If chick came on here and laid one of these out : "My boyfriend told me I'm fat and ugly, and all his other lovers were so much hotter." We'd be witnessing a coddling session, telling her that she's beautiful no matter what and her boyfriend is an inconsiderate pig.

Yep. And patting each other on the back while ripping OP to shreds.

Old 04-18-2014, 11:16 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
This chick sucks.

Might be the first time I agreed with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
moral of story is unless you are a guy to whom NOTHING matters to you when it comes to what the opposite sex says or thinks, then DATING SUCKS

You think the moral if Pinocchio is that being made of wood sucks, right?

Old 04-18-2014, 12:34 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,196,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusss View Post
She says
But it doesn't matter - you are a very good person. That's why I am with you.
I could be mistaken, but maybe not too far off:

"But it doesn't matter as you're giving me gifts and paying for most other things. That's why I am sticking with you for now till I find a sucker replacement."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships