Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2014, 06:46 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,245,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganPilot View Post
But what if it was more than 5 seconds repetitively ?
He's your professor. Leave it alone. Once you are done taking courses with him, if you are still interested, ask him out.

He cannot date you while he's in a position of authority over you. That's a conflict of interest.

Maybe he acts uncomfortable around you because your behavior and manner of dress make HIM uncomfortable?

Old 08-28-2014, 06:49 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
But what if it was more than 5 seconds repetitively ?
Then I'm sure he's at home right now trying to come up with a creative way to propose to you.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:54 AM

101 posts, read 212,725 times
And we will probably get married over sky diving from a Cessna 182 and drinking at the same time Not an offense to the ICAO's books in fact.

Old 08-28-2014, 06:55 AM

My manner of dress? Really. I am covered from head to toe. My clothing reveals nothing. Long, baggy jeans and a t-shirt wouldn't get hotter than that XD

Old 08-28-2014, 06:57 AM

Take a look at my album in fact. Is it remotely slutty?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:15 AM

49 posts, read 46,810 times
VeganPilot: The dialog between you and others on this subject has gotten to sound like a curt series of accusation and defense replies. Your professor is intelligent enough to know his own desires and needs a convenient avenue of access to you personally.

There are many career oriented questions as well as inquiries about aviation, the feasability of
1) owning a small aircraft, 2) renting a small aircraft, 3) major aircraft manufacturers,
4) jobs in the aircraft industry, etc in which he would have first hand knowledge of.

In a very businesslike manner ask him to explore the in depth ramifications of the aforementioned subjects. He will be complimented that you have asked a real authority (him)for advice and may personally wish to discuss and help you with these concerns.

Old 08-28-2014, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristoforo View Post
VeganPilot: The dialog between you and others on this subject has gotten to sound like a curt series of accusation and defense replies. Your professor is intelligent enough to know his own desires and needs a convenient avenue of access to you personally.

There are many career oriented questions as well as inquiries about aviation, the feasability of
1) owning a small aircraft, 2) renting a small aircraft, 3) major aircraft manufacturers,
4) jobs in the aircraft industry, etc in which he would have first hand knowledge of.

In a very businesslike manner ask him to explore the in depth ramifications of the aforementioned subjects. He will be complimented that you have asked a real authority (him)for advice and may personally wish to discuss and help you with these concerns.
Sorry, but this is the 2nd professor that the OP has been convinced was interested in her beyond simply admiring her looks or her mind.

The first one was married and she was plotting a way to get him to chase her anyway.

Between these, she was here sorting out how to get her possibly bisexual female friend (who had a boyfriend) to date her.

Perhaps this professor IS single.

Perhaps he IS interested in the OP in some way other than student/teacher.

I have no idea. I just wonder what makes the OP chase people who are off limits.

The OP just stated that she didn't like her classmates because they wanted sex, but the OP thinks all these seemingly unavailable types won't?

Something seem off about that?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Take a look at my album in fact. Is it remotely slutty?
You said everyone was dressing provocatively. It would not be out of the question to think you dressed in a similar manner as your fellow classmates. Your album here is irrelevant.

Jeans and t-shirts are not exempt from looking sexy. Depends on how they are worn and who is wearing them, no?

Old 08-28-2014, 07:50 AM

As a matter of fact I don't follow sheep. If I did I would be off doing fashion design like most of my friends in high school are. I chose aviation because it was male dominated and I wanted to show women can kick ass and not just objects. Also I am ambitious. The was I was dressing was casual and modest. Modesty does define me .

Old 08-28-2014, 07:53 AM

10,065 posts, read 7,232,760 times
Quote:
Firstly I have no idea why I am so attracted to professors, but I have learnt that swaying someone off their vows is a restricted airspace for me even with clearance so to say. But the flight school regulations do not forbid student-professor relationships last time I checked, but strongly discouraged it.

Recently, being a bachelorette, I have met some students from both genders that may be a good prospect for having a relationship with, but what caught my interest the most was my aviation professor. He is tall, blond and very cute. He is also an excellent professor in his mid-twenties. Since he is a flight instructor, I have heard from his students that he is definately single and from his Facebook page, there were no photos with him and any women. Also, he does not possess a wedding band

I have been suspicious since the first class that he may reciprocate my feelings. Some signs that have caught my attention was that:
1. He was walking around the students, helping them out one by one. It wasn't until he got to me that he started stuttering and fumbling over his words. However with the other students his speech was confident and fluent
2. After class when I talked to my friend about employing the grumpiest flight instructor that would turn out the best, the professor cut into the conversation to join us.
3. I sit across from my professor and when he was explaining the lecture slides, heenoticed I was concentrating intently on him and his face started to go red.
4. Yesterday in class, he was staring at me when he thought I wasn't noticing, such as when I put my head down the desk to do work. He immediately averted his gaze when I caught him staring. When he was explaining crosswind components on the white board, he continually looked in my direction. Later, he was staring at me when the class was at work, but when I caught him staring he did not look away this time. And when I looked up again he was still staring.
5. After making a joke in class, he looks to see if I was laughing as well.
6. When students handed in their assignments, his tone was confident and casual. But when he got to me, he thanked me in a significantly softer and quieter tone.
7. His body was facing me the entire time I was in that class in a wide venue.

The class has noticed his attractiveness and the girls are all over him, as far as asking him for coffee or wearing provocative clothing as well as flirting in which he politely refused all. I do none of the above but thank him for his time teaching us and making conversations about crash accidents od flying. But what do you think?
I'm an unmarried college professor in my early 30s, so I occasionally encounter situations like this. Most of your list does not indicate anything significant. There are attractive young women in every class. It's hard to avoid looking at them. I can think of a couple times where I blushed when some attractive student said or did something, but it might have just been embarrassment over something else. Sometimes you tend to focus your activity on the student or students who are paying the most attention and giving the most non-verbal feedback. That's a natural response.

Most colleges do not prohibit relationships between consenting adults, but they do have ethics codes where relationships with power dynamics are a problem. At least once a semester I have to give a standard speech in response to an offer from a female student to buy me coffee, drinks, accompany me to some event, bake me cookies, make me dinner. Essentially, I say that we have to maintain a professional, working relationship as long as she is in my class and if she wants to get to know me personally, come talk to me when I am no longer in any kind of position of authority over her (not in my class or in my program). Usually, their flirtation is a form of grade-grubbing and it stops after that. Sometimes they do show up the next term with interest in dating me, but that's never gone anywhere.

Long story short, it's hard not to respond to the flirtations of young women a little bit. In fact, it is a big perk of the job. However, most of us are professionals that would not get involved for a variety of reasons. So you may be reading into this much more than is really there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.