Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 10:15 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,238,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Egh finding such a guy is not my search so I'm unsure why you're stating "I don't think you should give up your search". I'm not searching for what I consider to be basically an unrealistic idealistic male standard.

Meh it's not sad to me though I tend to be quite unemotional. In my opinion it may not be sad as the gals can get emotional intimacy from other sources than males.
So where is it that men are supposed to get their emotional consolation? Women are inherently okay with depending on other women for such needs, the same can't be said for men. You don't even generally see it in the animal kingdom. Instead men are told, even in this thread, to do things like "man up". They are expected to see the horrors of war and come out okay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 10:24 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,358,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Something killed my drive. I stopped wanting sex most of the time and now I just want cuddles, even in clothes. Heck, I stopped trying to imagine what a woman looks like naked.
You've lost your mojo. LOL!!!

Personally, I'm okay with intercourse, but I'd appreciate a good cuddle and listening to my woman whispering ecstatically afterwards.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:26 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,641,241 times
Quote:
So where is it that men are supposed to get their emotional consolation? Women are inherently okay with depending on other women for such needs, the same can't be said for men. You don't even generally see it in the animal kingdom. Instead men are told, even in this thread, to do things like "man up". They are expected to see the horrors of war and come out okay!
Possibly the same can't be said for guys depending on other guys for emotional consolation due to traditional male gender roles. Perhaps if notions like 'man up' and 'boys/men don't cry' were heavily lessened and guys were encouraged to be support networks then guys could get emotional consolation/intimacy from other males.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:35 AM

Quote:
I used to be a happy kid, very long ago, as a 4-5 year old. I was naturally happy and I became sad due to my own psychological weakness, seeing as how I got depressed due to trauma and abuse. If ****ty memories made me depressed then it's up to me to make good memories and make myself happy.
I could have written that post, except I don't really remember being happy.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I could have written that post, except I don't really remember being happy.
I still had normal hearing, health, an enthusiastic biological father, and an actual group of friends. After that I lost my hearing, father, health, friends and everything went to ****.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katykat01 View Post
Thank you for restoring my faith in men - at least some men. Since I feel this way sometimes, it'd be nice to hear men say it too.
That is sweet.

Hurricane, save this post so that you can remember it whenever you are down.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:36 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,235,174 times
Quote:
Likely the men in committed relationships interact with gals non-sexually because their sexual desires are already fulfilled/satisfied by their committed relationship. So it seems at 'best' guys will interact with gals non-sexually if they are already getting sex.

Vastly different opinions as I'm pretty biased against humans and possibly misanthropic regarding the amount of 'good' people as few. In my experience and observations good guys in the way you describe do not exist in numerous numbers as it seems guys are not taught behaving the way you described is a positive, desired, or being a man/masculine.

Meh if you're going to hope it may be more suited to hope I will a million lottery as it'd probably be more likely and more appreciated.

I also think just because a guy has an average/high drive doesn't mean he's not capable of putting in energy and valuing other parts of the relationship hence why I stated 'atypical heterosexual guy who loves her more than she loves him'.
Holy cow, they should grant you a PhD in sociology and phycology for figuring these things out lol. Guys do put in energy to things other than sex so long as the good sex is happening frequently. Good sex is the VERY first box to check immediately below food and shelter at least for me. If something happens to the supply of sex everything else is put on hold (other than my job since that pays for food and shelter) till I sort it out.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:40 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,235,174 times
Quote:
Possibly the same can't be said for guys depending on other guys for emotional consolation due to traditional male gender roles. Perhaps if notions like 'man up' and 'boys/men don't cry' were heavily lessened and guys were encouraged to be support networks then guys could get emotional consolation/intimacy from other males.
We would have a bunch of weak men who could not fight wars, would not have the intellectual fortitude to do things like hard science or engineering, etc. Hey wait that's exactly what the USA is turning into.

Sure if you watched your buddy get blown up in a war other men will cut you a lot of slack if you broke down but its rarely ok for anything else in normal day to day life. My gf does not want me crying and acting like a woman lol.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:41 AM

I don't really care about sex at this point of loneliness. I want simple touch like hand holding with a woman wearing clothes.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:43 AM

592 posts, read 803,352 times
I like to cuddle....if it leads to sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships