Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 02:29 PM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,198 times

Advertisements

Definitely some mixed signals there. I think for sure you've got a shot to keep her. Time to pull up your pants and be a man here.

I'll tell you a story from my college days. I did this all unconsciously at the time, but after a lot of life experiences, I know it works. I was dating literally one of the hottest chicks on campus for a few months. I can't remember exactly what I said, it was silly, but as hot chicks in their twenties will do since they feel so powerful over the men in their lives, she broke up with me.

A few days later and me spilling my emotions like an idiot (just like you're doing), we had sex and she continued playing this game that we aren't together blah blah blah. I decided right then that I was done playing games. I stopped contact. Stopped emoting. I manned up. That weekend an old fling was in town and I made plans to see her. After, my girl heard I was out with someone else and came running back. We dated a few more months till I couldn't deal with the crazy anymore.

The moral here is not to go out and get with someone else, but to keep your emotions in check. She wants a man, not a sad puppy dog. Break contact for a while, be in control if you talk. Don't be too eager. You have to be a rock man. Go out with other girls. Once she realizes you could be gone, she will come around, there is obviously attraction. But needy kills attraction in a relationship. Remember that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
The easiest way to find out the answer to your question is to ask her, she is the only one who knows if she is moving on or not.
Also, get off of facebook, it is worthless trash and too many people put to much into what is posted on facebook and call it the truth. She may never change the photo or the status or she may change it eventually, don't count on what is there as what she is doing or feeling.
Wrong. Direct communication on this topic will push her away. You need to break contact for a bit and live your life. That's attractive, not a sad puppy dog begging for answers about your relationship. You already said she is getting annoyed with your moving on questions.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM

102 posts, read 141,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Wait a sec.. how did we go from Zach123 with Adk98 again?

OP (or Adk), no one on this forum knows her enough to call her crazy and to generalize your situation as she boom boom you, now you won't get candy. Anymore. How is that rational or even logical?

We don't know all the details of your relationship. How you handle your break-up can be very predictive of how your next relationship will work out.

If you want to take the advice of being bitter and angry instead of making peace with the situation, and forgiving what was wrong, and forgiving yourself, you'll never move on. Perhaps you can take some time off to sort your feelings. The interwebs can lead to a lot of negativity and non-conducive ways of coping.
Just trying to make sense of everything bc so much has happened. My thoughts of being bitter are just some venting, I think.

Also, I have blamed myself so much and am trying to forgive myself. I know it took 2 to get to this situation. I love her and it's just hard for me to think she'd play a game with me like that.

It's hard getting the story on here and I know there are two sides. For all I know, she could have a reasonable story of how I was crazy.

However, in some of the arguments we had, she completely blew up at times when I would quit talking when she was just irrational. She told me she felt like punching a hole in my face and screaming she f"/king hated me outside my house at midnight. She never apologized for this stuff and said it was normal bc it's how she felt.

I'm writing this stuff bc I probably shouldn't have stuck around after but my mind has been so disassociated with life in general. That's not normal behavior right? She's gotten angry like that several times and if she never saw me getting mad, it only escalated til I got upset. I never said anything to her like that, but I know I did do things that I shouldn't have and could've done better

Old 04-28-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
Definitely some mixed signals there. I think for sure you've got a shot to keep her. Time to pull up your pants and be a man here.

I'll tell you a story from my college days. I did this all unconsciously at the time, but after a lot of life experiences, I know it works. I was dating literally one of the hottest chicks on campus for a few months. I can't remember exactly what I said, it was silly, but as hot chicks in their twenties will do since they feel so powerful over the men in their lives, she broke up with me.

A few days later and me spilling my emotions like an idiot (just like you're doing), we had sex and she continued playing this game that we aren't together blah blah blah. I decided right then that I was done playing games. I stopped contact. Stopped emoting. I manned up. That weekend an old fling was in town and I made plans to see her. After, my girl heard I was out with someone else and came running back. We dated a few more months till I couldn't deal with the crazy anymore.

The moral here is not to go out and get with someone else, but to keep your emotions in check. She wants a man, not a sad puppy dog. Break contact for a while, be in control if you talk. Don't be too eager. You have to be a rock man. Go out with other girls. Once she realizes you could be gone, she will come around, there is obviously attraction. But needy kills attraction in a relationship. Remember that.
I see what you mean and that's what I'm going to do. It was just at the times I was assertive or held my opinion, she'd tell me I was like her dad or told me I was treating her like she was stupid.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk98 View Post
I see what you mean and that's what I'm going to do. It was just at the times I was assertive or held my opinion, she'd tell me I was like her dad or told me I was treating her like she was stupid.
Her actions always will tell more than her words. Sometimes you just gotta let em be mad, pout or throw a tantrum. Don't apologise when your not wrong. She will respect you more for it. Stop being afraid of HER emotions man.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Her actions always will tell more than her words. Sometimes you just gotta let em be mad, pout or throw a tantrum. Don't apologise when your not wrong. She will respect you more for it. Stop being afraid of HER emotions man.
Do all girls throw all these kinds of fits? Haha I've been in 3 other serious relationships and never seen it that bad. And her actions never said much different.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adk98 View Post
Do all girls throw all these kinds of fits? Haha I've been in 3 other serious relationships and never seen it that bad. And her actions never said much different.
No, absolutely not. But frustrated ones do. Sometimes women WANT a man that is strong enough to put her in her place, strong enough to get up, tell her you'll talk when she wants to be an adult and walk out of the house to hit the gym or hang with friends while she cools and realizes what a child she's being.

Is it your fault that you're sexually frustrated? Yeah, but only because you're not being attractive in your relationship with your supplication, neediness and overall being a weak dude.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
No, absolutely not. But frustrated ones do. Sometimes women WANT a man that is strong enough to put her in her place, strong enough to get up, tell her you'll talk when she wants to be an adult and walk out of the house to hit the gym or hang with friends while she cools and realizes what a child she's being.

Is it your fault that you're sexually frustrated? Yeah, but only because you're not being attractive in your relationship with your supplication, neediness and overall being a weak dude.
Dude I would put her in her place and when I was doing the things to act like the man you're talking about she'd just get needy and tell me she wasn't good enough.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:

I honestly think she just has some hangups about sex that she needs to talk to someone about and I don't know what I can do about that. She also had a previously emotionally abusive ex and when I ignore the bs she said she feels unloved and like she did in that relationship.

Old 04-28-2014, 03:39 PM

9 posts, read 4,928 times
also, sorry about the posts from different user accounts! I just noticed, i couldn't find my old username so created a new one from my phone. My desktop must have the old one saved! haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships