Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 10:27 PM

38 posts, read 57,441 times

Advertisements

I've been on many dates in the past and I can get a pretty good idea if #2 and #3 will ever occur but this one kinda has me at a loss for words.

Last night I met this cute introverted girl for the first time and we talked for 4hrs. We laughed a lot, briefly stared at each others' eyes a few times, she fidgeted a little...so pretty much all the signs I think that she digs me. So I got her phone number and we text intermittently through the evening and then this evening as well. I then took the advice of a friend who said to call her tonight and ask her out, so we talked for another hour and I asked her for date 2. She said yes but that next week she's super busy (which she actually is because she mentioned it the previous night) so she probably won't be free that week.

That's the part that confuses me. It seems like she digs me but that 9-10 day thing has me thinking, and my fear is that I might scare her away. I like to go slow but maybe she thinks this is too fast. Should I text or call her, and if so, when? We've been messaging/texting every day, if that helps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
She digs you. Relax.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:39 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
You're overthinking. She's introverted, probably rarely meets guys, so she's thrilled you talked to her and are interested. She's just busy, that's all. Just keep up the friendly texting. Then a few days before the date, tell her it'll be great to see her again, and you're looking fwd to the date.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:40 PM

Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but we never set a date or time. I think she just wants to get through the week.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboundVA View Post
I've been on many dates in the past and I can get a pretty good idea if #2 and #3 will ever occur but this one kinda has me at a loss for words.

Last night I met this cute introverted girl for the first time and we talked for 4hrs. We laughed a lot, briefly stared at each others' eyes a few times, she fidgeted a little...so pretty much all the signs I think that she digs me. So I got her phone number and we text intermittently through the evening and then this evening as well. I then took the advice of a friend who said to call her tonight and ask her out, so we talked for another hour and I asked her for date 2. She said yes but that next week she's super busy (which she actually is because she mentioned it the previous night) so she probably won't be free that week.

That's the part that confuses me. It seems like she digs me but that 9-10 day thing has me thinking, and my fear is that I might scare her away. I like to go slow but maybe she thinks this is too fast. Should I text or call her, and if so, when? We've been messaging/texting every day, if that helps.
The 9-10 day thing has me WTF-ing. What's that? I agree that you're overthinking. Just do what you feel like doing. It seems she replies to you so I don't know what's your problem.

When she stops replying, THAT's when you start worrying.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Thanks, that's what I was thinking, but we never set a date or time. I think she just wants to get through the week.
Right. That all makes sense. So, towards the end of the week, ask her if she's up for _________ (your activity of choice) on the weekend (or whenever). In the meantime, you can keep a tab on how her week is going, by text. I'd recommend an actual phone call for planning the date, as a refreshing change of pace from texting.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:48 PM

Meaning, that's what I thought too.
Ruth, when should I text her again? Should I hold off for tomorrow or send her a quick hello in the evening?

Old 05-01-2014, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Meaning, that's what I thought too.
Ruth, when should I text her again? Should I hold off for tomorrow or send her a quick hello in the evening?
Well, you said the two of you have been texting actively so far. So I guess the one thing that's causing you to rethink it is that she said she'd be busy. So just dial it back a little, but let her know you're thinking of her. So, yeah, a quick hello. If you get a longer reply, you know you're good. Otherwise, wait a couple of days, then ask her how her week is going.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
I always enjoyed a good morning text.Do it!!!

Old 05-01-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, you said the two of you have been texting actively so far. So I guess the one thing that's causing you to rethink it is that she said she'd be busy. So just dial it back a little, but let her know you're thinking of her. So, yeah, a quick hello. If you get a longer reply, you know you're good. Otherwise, wait a couple of days, then ask her how her week is going.
That's what I'll do. Thank you. I just like to know where I stand, that's all. Nothing wrong with that, is there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships