Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 01:52 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,176 times

Advertisements

Please share a blind date experience and what is too long to wait for someone on a first date. Never get a second chance to make a first impression. And this was the worst

I went on a blind date years ago and we agreed to meet at a restaurant. I was on time and he finally showed up about 35 min later. It was awkward for me, then he got change from the bartender and left the restaurant to now be gone another 5 - 7 min to put money in the parking meter !
He sat down at the table and softly said with attitude he was sorry for being late ! I said well I think a lot of people are late today the way everyone is rushing around. He gave me a dirty look.
I wish I left when he walked in the door or before. Cell phones were just on the market not everyone had them yet.
I would have left if it wasn't my friend that arranged the date. He wasn't my type at all - really arrogant and just full of himself also wore so much jewelry yuck - now if he was really cool and down to earth then the jewelry may have seemed kinda alright.
Couldn't wait for the lunch to be over, I was walking fast out of the restaurant. I was dressed really nice and took myself to a cute place I like for coffee and dessert. So I enjoyed doing that for myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
I have none.

They could all see.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:53 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Had a blind date say I looked like a librarian and he wasn't used to women that didn't want to jump his bones over at his place.Said his last date went right up to the shower with him.I was staring at him with a rolling eyes face.I lied and said I needed to get something out of my car then left.
Again my friends don't have any clue.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:01 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
Never been on one, don't have a desire to be on one either.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:21 AM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Mine were pretty much all blind dates since nobody really looked like their pic on the dating sites.

None of them were good. One was so big that he could hardly fit through the door (his profile said he is ATHLETIC and he looked great on the pics). When I asked him WTF, he said "I was sick and couldn't work out for a few months but I will be back in shape in no time" - looked more like 10 years of not working out and eating nonstop. Needless to say the date was over quickly when I told him to call back when he lost 100 lbs. That was about a year ago. BTW, he is still on that dating site with the same pics. I would love to report him.

About the waiting - it depends on the situation.

I would not wait any longer than 10 minutes if he doesn't have a very good excuse and lives nearby.

Since I live around LA and traffic is mostly horrible, I cut him slack if he has to drive from there and gets stuck in traffic.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:22 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,298,587 times
I scheduled a blind date with someone whom I had only met through email who was a friend of a former student of mine. She stood me up without any communication. Then, I met her in person a few months later, and she said she enjoyed our date but she had been too busy to get back to me. I don't know if she forgot that she stood me up or what, but either way it was a bad impression.

I also had a rather exciting first date that I mentioned previously here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/33422477-post29.html

Old 04-29-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
Never been on one, don't have a desire to be on one either.

Good decision!!

Old 04-29-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Had a blind date say I looked like a librarian and he wasn't used to women that didn't want to jump his bones over at his place.Said his last date went right up to the shower with him.I was staring at him with a rolling eyes face.I lied and said I needed to get something out of my car then left.
Again my friends don't have any clue.

WTF?? People are just weird. I would have run, too!!

Old 04-29-2014, 08:31 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,991,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Good decision!!
I really don't understand how anybody can go on one. Dating sites are one thing because you have a reasonable expectation of looks and it's not your fault if the person embelishes.

But to go in blindly without knowing what someone looks like? That's terrifying.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
I really don't understand how anybody can go on one. Dating sites are one thing because you have a reasonable expectation of looks and it's not your fault if the person embelishes.

But to go in blindly without knowing what someone looks like? That's terrifying.

yes, I agree (and I never did that either).

I don't think there is too many blind dates nowadays since people have cells and send around pics for free in no time. It was more of a thing back in the day, when technology wasn't so advanced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships