Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 08:55 AM

6 posts, read 9,699 times

Advertisements

I’m dating this Chinese girl from China. Her English is pretty good almost standard. We’re both in university.
It has been a month in. We first met on a rainy day, on the street, as we were about to head home from university. I see her before around the campus. So I approached her knowing she has an umbrella so we'd share as we're heading the same way. Along the way as I get to know her a little, she says she has seen me before as well and says she's just recently broke up with her boyfriend and feeling all alone. And telling me how her friends have a boyfriend and she has nothing to do. I feel she seems some kind of interest and hinting she was single so I suggest we'd meet up next time and get to know each other more, she's agreed, and we exchange numbers. I text her later on that day to ask for her schedule, she suggests that she’d be available during lunch next Monday as she have to library on that day. At this stage she would text me question about who I am, but I slightly told her it would be more fun if we talked in person, so she hold it off.
Next week will be our first date was lunch and I then took her to play arcade. Before parting off I grabbed her hands as told her that I had a great time, and she also mentioned that she feels the same.
I called her to meet up again after class in a few days. She invites me to join dinner with her friend. So I join for a while and her friend seem really enthusiastic about me as I feel likes she been telling her friend about me. After that her friend makes an excuse to leave us alone. So we went out for drinks and talks for hours - getting to know each other more. I got to know little about her past relationships. She told me she has been in three relationships in the past; 1st last for 9 months; 2nd last for 3 months; and previous only for 3 days. Later there wasn’t anything much to do on that rainy day so we called it. While walking her to train station I gentle press my arm around her waist. She then slightly blushes my arm off saying she’s feeling uncomfortable. On the way I mentioned if she likes the movie, she said she loved it, so I suggest a movie next week.
A week later was our third date, we when for a movie date. In the movie I’d wrap my arm around her and she’d laid on my shoulder. And we’d kissed later, after that. Not a make out, just gently kiss on the lip for a second and let go. Shortly after, we grab lunch together and went to walk for a while to kill time because she’d to meet her friend later today. I’d mentioned to her about places we could go together like beaches, and we’d be holding hands. Before we part off at train station I kissed her again before seeing her drifting off. She’d turn back and gave me smile – then she’s gone.
We had great times, but that was our last date together and we haven't been seeing each other much for almost 5 weeks now. Lately and since then I feel like she hasn't been readily available to me. I don't text her or call her often as I'd only when I've a purpose. As I'd text or call her from times to times for date, but she'd always already have plan with her friends or have part job on that day or assignments to do. She'd always apologise to me when it happens and reply with some considerable response. I'm always the one who initiates the contact. Sometimes it would take her hours to respond, and sometimes even gone unanswered (mostly on weekends).
I’d recently run into her a few times around campus, the last few weeks. And she’d seem eagerly happy to see me and nervous because her friend always around. I haven't been able to get quality time alone with her as I always met her when's about to have class or go home. But it seems that her friends seems all winding up and giggling when we're together and try to make excuse for us to be alone. One time I’d tell her how I missed her and mentioned sometimes it would be nice if we’d meet up, even for just a moment of the day. Before she’s go off I’d say give me a hug and she’d playfully hit me, and walks away.
What frustrates me is I been trying for weeks! And yet still we've not been out for weeks or have quality conversation. I don't want to be needy/clingy, but sometimes I feel like she rather hangs out with her friends than me. And she isn't responding enough on the phone. Should I confront her about this? If so how should do this? Should I tell her how this made me feels and how I feels about her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 09:11 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,961 times
You're too clingy and attached dude (even if you hold back from contacting her as much as you'd like). You "tried" too hard, basically. Let her go and do it better next time.

Also, you were her emotional rebound. She just got out of a relationship was was feeling lonely, you were there, she got her fill of attention and now has gone back to "normal". Always be wary of women who just got out of relationships and don't expect much from them.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:20 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,145,152 times
Welcome to the friendzone.
Get comfy, perhaps a blanket and a book? You'll be here a while.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
You're too clingy and attached dude (even if you hold back from contacting her as much as you'd like). You "tried" too hard, basically. Let her go and do it better next time.

Also, you were her emotional rebound. She just got out of a relationship was was feeling lonely, you were there, she got her fill of attention and now has gone back to "normal". Always be wary of women who just got out of relationships and don't expect much from them.
Yes, I too feels like I been trying so hard to get her out countless time which all winding up to nothing. I don't have any expectation to begin with. I'd leave like a man if i had to, but her last relationship was just only 3 days. I dont think or feels like she has an emotional bond with last relationship. I still feels like she has some level of interested which may be mixed signals at times. But I want to at very least give this ago. I know her friends likes me too, she must been telling them a lot about me. But before I quit... I'd want to confront her about it. Sees how she feels about this. If it doesn't work I'm moving on

Old 05-04-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Welcome to the friendzone.
Get comfy, perhaps a blanket and a book? You'll be here a while.
Friendzone? how so? I've mentioned that we've kissed. She must have some level of attraction.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:44 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,581,065 times
You sound like an Asian-phile or come off as one. That's a turn off for most women.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
You sound like an Asian-phile or come off as one. That's a turn off for most women.
Sorry, that will never happen because I'm also Asian.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:50 AM

3,978 posts, read 4,581,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhantome View Post
Sorry, that will never happen because I'm also Asian.
In addition, you also sound like a rebounder.

Old 05-04-2014, 09:57 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,194,685 times
Dude. When a chicks wants to see you or hang out with you, they make themselves available. There might be some hard to get game playing in there, but she will make herself available. 5 weeks? She's not interested anymore. Move on.

Old 05-04-2014, 11:24 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,145,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhantome View Post
Friendzone? how so? I've mentioned that we've kissed. She must have some level of attraction.

In that case, get a really long book and a snack. Beef jerky?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships