Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 06:56 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times

Advertisements

And to go back to my OP, I have met a small portion of women and men who believe in sex in a committed relationship--though I'll be honest and say that from experience, it's sort of a dime out of a dozen scenario, but they're out there. And there are men, even player-types who are willing to "hold off" if they meet a woman out of this group that they deem worth it(for whatever reason). It's happened plenty of times. But that stance isn't as common, as is, the people amongst my generation that are okay with sleeping with each other without a commitment--whether it's a fwb, just casual dating, or a ONS. And if I was still relationship-minded, to weed out the men that were only interested in me for sex, I would maintain this stance. However, since right now I don't want a relationship, but want sex, having this stance does little for me, beyond making me sexually frustrated. I applaud the women in this thread, who are either still virgins, or are waiting until commitment/relationship for sex and have found themselves waiting a significant amount of time but are holding strong. I was able to do this, but lately I've been sort of like f*** it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 06:58 PM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
You want a commitment before sex but not a relationship?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-22-2014, 07:00 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Right now, every man has his eyes glued to his computer screen. Having her, holding her, and sexing her without having to talk about anything with her!!??

Only kidding, only kidding

Old 05-22-2014, 07:01 PM

332 posts, read 435,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
And to go back to my OP, I have met a small portion of women and men who believe in sex in a committed relationship--though I'll be honest and say that from experience, it's sort of a dime out of a dozen scenario, but they're out there.
Maybe I'm missing or misinterpreting something, but you are trying to say that there are small portions of men and women who want sex in a committed relationship, but then go on to say that 10 out of 12 of them do?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:01 PM

288 posts, read 255,604 times
For me, at least, it's not how many dates or any typical time frame to have sex with a guy. I have been on dates with guys that I liked, but wasn't sure I wanted to have sex, or date further, just needed to figure out. And there were guys that from the beginning a wanted it, no time frames, just what feels right with the individual person.

For me there's no rule on how many dates, or weeks, it might be 2 or 5 dates or after the second date realize I'm just not that into him that way.

Old 05-22-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Right now, every man has his eyes glued to his computer screen. Having her, holding her, and sexing her without having to talk about anything with her!!??

Only kidding, only kidding

No your not. ROFL.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No, my previous stance was always commitment and a stable relationship prior to sex. Therefore no matter how sexually attracted I was to a guy, or how much I liked him, if he was not a boyfriend that I had been with and really connected with I would not sleep with him. It worked for me prior to now, because I wasn't as focused on sex, and was attempting to weed out the men who were trying to get laid or who weren't willing to invest in a relationship with me. However as it stands, I don't have time to commit to a relationship the way I would want to anyway, and I want to have sex. But I still am uncomfortable with having sex with a man I barely know, or having a ONS. So as opposed to my previous stance where I wanted commitment and a good amount of time dating, my stance is only now that I have at least spent enough time with the guy to where I feel comfortable and have some sort of connection prior to having sex with him. In other words, I no longer care about commitment prior to sex in the form of a relationship or 90 days, etc, but I still care about developing some type of connection and getting to know the person prior to sleeping with him. If that makes sense.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Maybe I'm missing or misinterpreting something, but you are trying to say that there are small portions of men and women who want sex in a committed relationship, but then go on to say that 10 out of 12 of them do?
I meant that it's a dime out of dozen of people who don't care as much about commitment/relationship prior to sex, and seems to be a smaller amount of those that do(again amongst my generation). This is not to say that there is something wrong with those people, or anything wrong with the current dating culture, but rather that it's not very common and so people in my position might find that there are more people NOT willing to "wait" for commitment prior to sex than those that do. This means passing up on more opportunities and partners than one would have to if they were more carefree about it.

And like I said, if I were still relationship-minded and in a place where I can be in a relationship, I would continue on with this stance, but being that I'm not and don't know when I'll be at a place where can I have a relationship, I'm sort of just adapting I guess.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:26 PM

101 posts, read 107,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Nope neither of us likes to share.
You've never been in one?

Old 05-22-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
No, my previous stance was always commitment and a stable relationship prior to sex. Therefore no matter how sexually attracted I was to a guy, or how much I liked him, if he was not a boyfriend that I had been with and really connected with I would not sleep with him. It worked for me prior to now, because I wasn't as focused on sex, and was attempting to weed out the men who were trying to get laid or who weren't willing to invest in a relationship with me. However as it stands, I don't have time to commit to a relationship the way I would want to anyway, and I want to have sex. But I still am uncomfortable with having sex with a man I barely know, or having a ONS. So as opposed to my previous stance where I wanted commitment and a good amount of time dating, my stance is only now that I have at least spent enough time with the guy to where I feel comfortable and have some sort of connection prior to having sex with him. In other words, I no longer care about commitment prior to sex in the form of a relationship or 90 days, etc, but I still care about developing some type of connection and getting to know the person prior to sleeping with him. If that makes sense.

So you are in the market for a FWB, emphasis on "friend", but you need to make a friend first?

Honestly that should be the easiest thing in the world. Tell a guy that and he should have no problem (most at least) with you getting comfortable with him.

If that is what you are looking for you should have guys lined up for the position (all of them!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships