Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 05:37 PM

2 posts, read 7,718 times

Advertisements

I've been mulling over asking this question somewhere for a while. I was born with a disease that required I have five surgeries on my face over the course of a year, one of which had the unfortunate complication of a graft dying on my face. I had a feeding tube, staples, the whole nine yards. The left over scar is no longer raised and angry like it used to be, and I'm coming to terms with it for the most part--after all, I couldn't help it, it's a disease that had to be taken out or I might die, and most of all, the complications weren't under my control. The scar runs down where the crease of my cheek should be, dips under, and then connects to the side of my mouth, runs under my nose, and one has replaced my cupids bow of my lips. It's not very large, and I'm of the frame of mind that scars are like tattoos, only with better stories.

I was wondering, though, would you date a woman with a visible facial scar? I've never had a problem with men, in fact, I date pretty regularly, but I was wondering if this crosses men's minds at all when they're looking for new prospects?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2014, 05:48 PM

20 posts, read 31,167 times
I agree with you on the comparison to tattoos. Scars come with living life, and some people end up with big ones and some barely have any. I guess it would depend on exactly how the scar looked and what the woman's face looked like as a whole as far as whether I found the scar a real turn off (pretty face with a noticeable scar is still a pretty face in my book). But in general I wouldn't have a problem dating a woman with a noticeable scar on her face, if she was still pretty overall and/or in decent shape and (most importantly!) the personal chemistry was there.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:02 PM

2 posts, read 7,718 times
Thanks! I've been told I'm pretty even with it, so I've never let it bother me too much--it was just hard to go from looking one way my whole life, to suddenly having something be different. Haha, and chemistry is always important.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:27 PM

3,491 posts, read 6,972,549 times
I am a guy and I would not date someone who had a visible scar on her face.Sorry and no offense intended.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:28 PM
hts

762 posts, read 2,162,714 times
We all have scars. Some of us have them on the inside while others wear them on the outside--it's no big deal.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:49 PM

615 posts, read 780,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerntraveler View Post
I am a guy and I would not date someone who had a visible scar on her face.Sorry and no offense intended.
Westerntraveler—something tells me she's not missing out on anything.

I have no problem dating people with scars—it's character! Look at Tina Fey, for example. Beautiful.

Not to mention, Joaquin Phoenix, Mary J. Blige, Harrison Ford, Sandra Bullock—the list goes on! All attractive people with facial scars. Be proud of it!

Old 05-18-2014, 06:51 PM

7,742 posts, read 15,124,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydras15 View Post
I've been mulling over asking this question somewhere for a while. I was born with a disease that required I have five surgeries on my face over the course of a year, one of which had the unfortunate complication of a graft dying on my face. I had a feeding tube, staples, the whole nine yards. The left over scar is no longer raised and angry like it used to be, and I'm coming to terms with it for the most part--after all, I couldn't help it, it's a disease that had to be taken out or I might die, and most of all, the complications weren't under my control. The scar runs down where the crease of my cheek should be, dips under, and then connects to the side of my mouth, runs under my nose, and one has replaced my cupids bow of my lips. It's not very large, and I'm of the frame of mind that scars are like tattoos, only with better stories.

I was wondering, though, would you date a woman with a visible facial scar? I've never had a problem with men, in fact, I date pretty regularly, but I was wondering if this crosses men's minds at all when they're looking for new prospects?
Im sure some might have an issue with it, but then they are probably shallow. Not much you can do about it so there is no point in worrying. In the end everyone gets old and wrinkly, by 30 most women in texas have wrinkled skin because of too much sun.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:21 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,335,831 times
Unfortunately, a good number of men (and women) are shallow when it comes to facial features and over all appearance. I wont lie and say it wouldn't bother me one bit. I guess, it depends how severe the scare is. In your case, it doesnt seem like an issue since you've been attracting men.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:30 PM

338 posts, read 384,760 times

Lethal Weapon 3 (4/5) Movie CLIP - Comparing Battle Scars (1992) HD - YouTube

x

Old 05-18-2014, 07:33 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,124,133 times
For me, it's less about the scar but more about how your face looks overall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships