Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 04:43 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,224,044 times

Advertisements

OLD is a challenge, in some ways. I like to experiment by tweaking with my profile, and it works somewhat.
I don't have a photo on mine at the moment, and have 8 women chatting with me but only two are really interested in meeting, and all on one site.
It's a mixed bag really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 05:11 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,453,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
Have you:

Got responses to your messages? I never initiate a message.
Got messages that turned into actual dates? I met a few and they're all horrible. This is where I actually met that Indian old bastard who took advantage of me in the theater
Dates turned into actual relationships?Hellll no
Relationships turned into marriage?Hellll no

I hear in the online dating world there is a lot of serial dating as people have so much choice they are always of the mindset that there is something better out there, this is especially true for women who get inundated with replies. Do you think there is any truth to this?
I became a serial dater yes but not because of OKC. I became a serial dater in POF. I actually met my husband there.

Old 06-02-2014, 07:36 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,167,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I'm going to say it's Tinder, although it's a mobile app and not a site. I currently have two first meets set up for this week. The one I'm meeting tonight is gorgeous so hopefully he isn't psycho.
well I have a blackberry so I won't be on tinder anytime soon

Old 06-02-2014, 08:07 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,665,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
well I have a blackberry so I won't be on tinder anytime soon
You should get on. I just got back from my date and the dude was totally hot. He might've been a little bit off, but I'm still gonna try to sex him up anyway.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
FBJ

Quote:
You should get on. I just got back from my date and the dude was totally hot. He might've been a little bit off, but I'm still gonna try to sex him up anyway.
well just keep in mind if he is that hot there are tons of other girls on tinder who feel the same

Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,665,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
well just keep in mind if he is that hot there are tons of other girls on tinder who feel the same
Well, he's definitely hot, but he has the personality and mannerisms of someone who doesn't realize that he's hot. Works for me!

Old 06-02-2014, 09:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,762,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
I agree a ton. Everytime I met someone at over 95% I hit it off with them and had a great time.

Below 80% and I never did.
My husband and I came up with abysmally low compatibility percentages, because I hadn't answered ANY questions! We're actually insanely compatible, you just wouldn't know it from that particular system.

Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,453,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
My husband and I came up with abysmally low compatibility percentages, because I hadn't answered ANY questions! We're actually insanely compatible, you just wouldn't know it from that particular system.
Yap. I concur. Gosh people answering those thousands of questions for compatibility?!! I have no patience for that. At all. POF don't have those questionnaires and me and my husband found each other there.

Our marriage is not perfect but whose marriage is? What matters is I am happy. Most times.

In fact, my evidence that compatibility shenanigan in OKC does not work is because I met this guy in person I met in POF. He is super cheap, super boring, definitely not into me. And we had that one of my many first time meets. Fast forward months later, I got an email that I am compatible with that same guy on OKC. Guess what I did? I laughed. And deleted the worthless message. LOL. What a joke.

Last edited by meaning; 06-02-2014 at 09:44 PM..

Old 06-02-2014, 10:16 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,083,750 times
Met a guy on POF, kind of randomly. We looked up our OKC profiles and we were around 80% compatible. Almost all our questions were answered very differently. In fact, had I seen him on there first, I would have totally bypassed him and never looked back, just because of his answers and he said the same thing about me. And yet, we are very compatible. Go figure. I think the questions is a good way to be super picky about things that may not matter in the long run.

OKC was a nice ego boost. I got lots of "let's hook up" messages....even some from young 20-year-olds (oh gawd, does that make me cougar?). POF was even better. I got a lot of men who obviously married or involved. I guess they're stupid enough to think women can't tell. Haha. Had some great conversations with people...mostly because I'm the type to say, "thanks but no thanks" and they appreciated that.

Last edited by psichick; 06-02-2014 at 10:33 PM..

Old 06-02-2014, 10:49 PM
FBJ

Quote:
Well, he's definitely hot, but he has the personality and mannerisms of someone who doesn't realize that he's hot. Works for me!
so Tinder is just for hookups?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships