Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 04:37 PM

32 posts, read 36,502 times

Advertisements

Probably a byproduct of being with a girly girl but she loves talking about her feelings. I'm pretty evn tempered and don't really express dramatic emotions. I'm not very lovey dovey because I can't take myself seriously doing that but now she complains that I don't show my love for her. Quite frankly if I didn;tcare for her I would leave. Wht are your takes on it?

Old 05-30-2014, 04:47 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,429,859 times
Affection is a necessary component in a relationship.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:51 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,260,312 times
In a good relationship - both people are getting their needs met and both people are satisfied. If you are unable or unwilling to meet her needs - then maybe she isn't the right person for you. If giving her more affection is going to make you unhappy - I would explain that to her and see if that is something that she can live with.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
In a good relationship - both people are getting their needs met and both people are satisfied. If you are unable or unwilling to meet her needs - then maybe she isn't the right person for you. If giving her more affection is going to make you unhappy - I would explain that to her and see if that is something that she can live with.
I just feel ridiculous trying to be affectionate, I feel weak and what not.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:14 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,221,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sex Money Murda View Post
There's no weakness in showing affection to your woman/lover. You don't feel weak having sex do you? I don't see how you do that, but still be ashamed of showing other forms of love. Hell those type of men are sexy, and what women like.....well in alot of cases. Some women aren't interested.

And it doesn't have to be everyday, with a song and dance. You could try and start with someone small. Holding her hand. If you watch a movie, let her lean or lay on you, and have your arm around her, or hand resting on her. You don't have to grovel, and emasculate yourself to do some affectionate things.

If you greet her, or are saying goodbye to her, a kiss to her forehead. It sounds mushy, but it's just a form of physical love you show for your girlfriend. It's not like you're a mama's boy, or whipped, or anything. If you keep your lover happy, you're a real man. Other guys may say you're weak, or a wuss. But hey, probably men that don't know about women, and/or can't please one to save their life. lol

At least try for her. Some people need that extra affection, or greatly appreciate it, and it makes them feel even closer and more endeared to you. It's a great form of intimacy.

But, if you just can't, or try and it doesn't feel right, you'll have to tell your girl. She may understand, but she may not, and things will be a bit hard.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,260,312 times
Quote:
Why?

Maybe there is someone out there for you that doesn't need that much affection - but it sounds like your girlfriend is not one of those people. If you explain to her how you feel about it - maybe she'll be fine with the way things are. Maybe she won't. But like I said - if this is what she needs and you are unwilling or unable to give it to her, maybe you two just aren't good together. I'm not saying you should break up with her - I'm just saying that things might be very difficult and they might not work out. I was with someone for a few years that wasn't able to give me what I needed. We just weren't right for each other. He was a great person - just not right for me.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:18 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,386,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
There's no weakness in showing affection to your woman/lover. You don't feel weak having sex do you? I don't see how you do that, but still be ashamed of showing other forms of love. Hell those type of men are sexy, and what women like.....well in alot of cases. Some women aren't interested.

And it doesn't have to be everyday, with a song and dance. You could try and start with someone small. Holding her hand. If you watch a movie, let her lean or lay on you, and have your arm around her, or hand resting on her. You don't have to grovel, and emasculate yourself to do some affectionate things.
Um...

Some men actually do feel weak after having sex.

But yeah, showing some kind of affection is not some emasculate, effeminate thing. I mean, you don't have to kick your leg up behind you when you kiss. There are other things you can do like "have your arm around her"

I mean don't worry about being awkward. Even Black Dynamite was kinda awkward in his affectionate scenes.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why?
Probably a mix of societal conditioning and how I'm wired. Back in HS guys who wrote love letter and all that cliche crap were made fun of severely. The culture of where I;'m from encourages guys to be stoic and macho and what not.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:26 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,386,881 times
Quote:
Probably a mix of societal conditioning and how I'm wired. Back in HS guys who wrote love letter and all that cliche crap were made fun of severely. The culture of where I;'m from encourages guys to be stoic and macho and what not.
How old are you?

You're likely not in high school anymore. And ain't nobody talkin about writin love letters.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkins602 View Post
how old are you?

You're likely not in high school anymore. And ain't nobody talkin about writin love letters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships