Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 02:29 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,948,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsbob View Post
Can you blame him for wanting to be careful?

The only part I don't get is texting at 2 am.
i dont blame anyone for being careful, in fact i applaud it. if people were more careful in who they deal with at any level, there wouldnt be the relationship problems that are constantly going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 02:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,998,374 times
Becuse that happens all the time.

It's seriously pathetic.. these women add guys and their entire friends list is 100% guys, yet she adds these guys and her entire wall is filled with a bunch of random dudes trying to hit on her and call her hot.

It makes me wonder how anyone can be so pathetic.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:48 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,997,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marielove2 View Post
About 2 weeks ago, I met a guy briefly and he recommended a few restaurants. I only got his name. On facebook, through the friends you may know list, that guy's name appeared and his picture looked similar so I friended him. He accepted. We chatted briefly through facebook, but after looking at his pictures, he wasn't the one. It's not like I was searching for him, it was random. He said it was okay that I got the wrong guy, but he said let's be friends. I didn't think too much about it, and we just chatted for a little bit. I guess he got interested in me and we are going to hang out next Friday for dinner. Throughout the week, he texted me a few times, not a lot, and definitely not everyday.

He said he wanted to talk on the phone Wednesday night so I said sure, but he never called. I never waited. But last night around 2 AM, he texts me if we are still on for next Friday. I tell him yes. Then he starts asking if I'm real, to send him a selfie picture right now, and asking if I am that person. I was appalled. I didn't know where he was coming from. I told him I don't know why he's saying that, and I'm not sending him a picture, and if he feels weird, then we don't need to continue to talk or even meet. I just defriended him on FB too.

He says he's sorry, he's just not good with words, and he wanted to talk on the phone to make him feel comfortable. I told him he said he would call me and he's the one who didn't. I also told him I'm on the same boat as him. Now I feel weird too. I called him and we spoke for 5 minutes, but he was still sleeping.

why is he saying those things??? do I just stop and forget about him?
He was drinking and decided to text you after he left the bar .

I think the selfie was for him to dream about and hoping it would escalate to a naughty selfie. It backfired and now he's apologizing.

Old 06-01-2014, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 615 times
was your profile picture looking beautiful ?

Old 06-01-2014, 05:16 PM

32 posts, read 41,357 times
Because you are unreal.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:16 PM

678 posts, read 1,068,241 times
Probably because the whole situation is just uncommon. Why did you agree to go out with him so quickly? You probably should have told him to bring some friends and meet you and your friends somewhere just to see one another and then he could have asked you out face-to-face if things worked out during the group meeting.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:19 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,400,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marielove2 View Post
About 2 weeks ago, I met a guy briefly and he recommended a few restaurants. I only got his name. On facebook, through the friends you may know list, that guy's name appeared and his picture looked similar so I friended him. He accepted. We chatted briefly through facebook, but after looking at his pictures, he wasn't the one. It's not like I was searching for him, it was random. He said it was okay that I got the wrong guy, but he said let's be friends. I didn't think too much about it, and we just chatted for a little bit. I guess he got interested in me and we are going to hang out next Friday for dinner. Throughout the week, he texted me a few times, not a lot, and definitely not everyday.

He said he wanted to talk on the phone Wednesday night so I said sure, but he never called. I never waited. But last night around 2 AM, he texts me if we are still on for next Friday. I tell him yes. Then he starts asking if I'm real, to send him a selfie picture right now, and asking if I am that person. I was appalled. I didn't know where he was coming from. I told him I don't know why he's saying that, and I'm not sending him a picture, and if he feels weird, then we don't need to continue to talk or even meet. I just defriended him on FB too.

He says he's sorry, he's just not good with words, and he wanted to talk on the phone to make him feel comfortable. I told him he said he would call me and he's the one who didn't. I also told him I'm on the same boat as him. Now I feel weird too. I called him and we spoke for 5 minutes, but he was still sleeping.

why is he saying those things??? do I just stop and forget about him?

This sounds a a lot like a few other recent threads where the original poster met a guy and briefly chatted with him.

Perhaps it is best to do what you feel is the best thing to do at this point in your life and make your own decision.

Old 06-02-2014, 10:51 AM

5,205 posts, read 4,691,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Let's see, some random woman befriended him out of the blue on FB and agreed to go on a date ... and MTV's Catfish is on late at night ... hmmm ... why is he behaving like this? Why are you?
It doesn't make any sense for him to worry like this. They are meeting in a week. How can this be a catfish? Also, any doubts he has will be resolved in a week. There is no need for a random 2 AM freakout. That is just too much drama for someone you haven't met yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships