Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,109 times

Advertisements

About 2 weeks ago, I met a guy briefly and he recommended a few restaurants. I only got his name. On facebook, through the friends you may know list, that guy's name appeared and his picture looked similar so I friended him. He accepted. We chatted briefly through facebook, but after looking at his pictures, he wasn't the one. It's not like I was searching for him, it was random. He said it was okay that I got the wrong guy, but he said let's be friends. I didn't think too much about it, and we just chatted for a little bit. I guess he got interested in me and we are going to hang out next Friday for dinner. Throughout the week, he texted me a few times, not a lot, and definitely not everyday.

He said he wanted to talk on the phone Wednesday night so I said sure, but he never called. I never waited. But last night around 2 AM, he texts me if we are still on for next Friday. I tell him yes. Then he starts asking if I'm real, to send him a selfie picture right now, and asking if I am that person. I was appalled. I didn't know where he was coming from. I told him I don't know why he's saying that, and I'm not sending him a picture, and if he feels weird, then we don't need to continue to talk or even meet. I just defriended him on FB too.

He says he's sorry, he's just not good with words, and he wanted to talk on the phone to make him feel comfortable. I told him he said he would call me and he's the one who didn't. I also told him I'm on the same boat as him. Now I feel weird too. I called him and we spoke for 5 minutes, but he was still sleeping.

why is he saying those things??? do I just stop and forget about him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 10:32 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,461,480 times
I was just about to ask you the same thing.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:36 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,213,669 times
I wouldn't go out with anyone who texted me at 2am before we were even dating.

Old 05-31-2014, 10:40 AM

19,764 posts, read 20,330,715 times
And they say romance is dead..

Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,178,329 times
Let's see, some random woman befriended him out of the blue on FB and agreed to go on a date ... and MTV's Catfish is on late at night ... hmmm ... why is he behaving like this? Why are you?

Old 05-31-2014, 11:33 AM

336 posts, read 591,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marielove2 View Post
About 2 weeks ago, I met a guy briefly and he recommended a few restaurants. I only got his name. On facebook, through the friends you may know list, that guy's name appeared and his picture looked similar so I friended him. He accepted. We chatted briefly through facebook, but after looking at his pictures, he wasn't the one. It's not like I was searching for him, it was random. He said it was okay that I got the wrong guy, but he said let's be friends. I didn't think too much about it, and we just chatted for a little bit. I guess he got interested in me and we are going to hang out next Friday for dinner. Throughout the week, he texted me a few times, not a lot, and definitely not everyday.

He said he wanted to talk on the phone Wednesday night so I said sure, but he never called. I never waited. But last night around 2 AM, he texts me if we are still on for next Friday. I tell him yes. Then he starts asking if I'm real, to send him a selfie picture right now, and asking if I am that person. I was appalled. I didn't know where he was coming from. I told him I don't know why he's saying that, and I'm not sending him a picture, and if he feels weird, then we don't need to continue to talk or even meet. I just defriended him on FB too.

He says he's sorry, he's just not good with words, and he wanted to talk on the phone to make him feel comfortable. I told him he said he would call me and he's the one who didn't. I also told him I'm on the same boat as him. Now I feel weird too. I called him and we spoke for 5 minutes, but he was still sleeping.

why is he saying those things??? do I just stop and forget about him?
That seems very odd. Why does he want a selfie picture when you have plenty of pictures on Facebook?

Why didn't he call you? Why did he text you at 2 AM?

I would try to avoid contact with him. Don't need to spend time with people who are gonna be weird like that.

If he's trying to be funny with this type of behavior, he has a weird sense of humor.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:41 AM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Because you basically hit on a random man on the internet and agreed to go on a date with him.

I wanna know if you're real too? Not exactly the safest behavior.

The dude texted you at 2am, and you responded? You do realize that most people consider randomly contacting someone in the middle of the night rude?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-31-2014, 12:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,920,383 times
he may have been pranked by friends of his where they set up a facebook page, loaded it with pictures of some hot chick, then set about talking to him, even getting himt o go out on a date, and the the guys showed up and embarrassed him in public. or they set him up with some gay guy to prank him. and of course the guy now gun shy when it comes to meeting new people on social media.

or he could just be a jacka##

Old 05-31-2014, 12:42 PM

336 posts, read 591,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
he may have been pranked by friends of his where they set up a facebook page, loaded it with pictures of some hot chick, then set about talking to him, even getting himt o go out on a date, and the the guys showed up and embarrassed him in public. or they set him up with some gay guy to prank him. and of course the guy now gun shy when it comes to meeting new people on social media.

or he could just be a jacka##
Can you blame him for wanting to be careful?

The only part I don't get is texting at 2 am.

Old 05-31-2014, 02:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,692,343 times
This has happened to me a couple of times before. it's because a) you hit on him first and he can't believe it (they start acting weird and unfortunately never stop) and b) he's dealt with fakes before I.e. they weren't real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships