Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:01 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Do the healthy thing... I know that is easier said than done... believe it or not but there is a large handful of people here that are emotionally/spiritually healthy enough to recommend good advice and actually want people to do well...........
I'm just embarrassed. I do get it on some level with this person. I am lucky this other man likes me, even though long distance is not practical. My boyfriend is a horrible person. I don't know why. He just doesn't love me, but to humiliate me like that. He really has a mean streak. Why tell the world that we are committed and then go along with the ex who is only saying she wants to see him to make trouble. Well she succeeded. I am actually nauseous which I sometimes get instead of or along with the gut feeling when something is very wrong. So my instinct gets it. How can a man who can get sex elsewhere without too much difficulty act like this just for sex? It's REALLY confusing. But yes, he made up with me for sex and now that he's satisfied he wants to push me away again. Makes sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 10:24 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Thank you a million times thank you for responding. For caring enough to respond. I get that you a stranger show more concern for me than him. Yes, he wants sex and that was probably why he made up with me after the fight. It's hard to believe he doesn't love me. His mom will be just as heart broken as me, no joke. And I feel bad about that too but she has to understand, after all she was married to his father and the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree here. There will be so many people I have to cut out of my life, at least temporarily here. And I really love his family and friends. I also know they have to go and that makes it hard too. Thank you again.
It sucks to lose people you care about because of one person's selfishness. But it's just collateral damage.

Right now the ONLY person you should worry about is YOU.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:25 PM

1,839 posts, read 3,067,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It sucks to lose people you care about because of one person's selfishness. But it's just collateral damage.

Right now the ONLY person you should worry about is YOU.
I know you are right. thank you again.

Old 05-31-2014, 11:42 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
Quote:
Anyone who wants to comment on the question itself? Things aren't always as easy as the way they are written online. People interact in real life and I am not sure why my ex and I were drawn to each other again but of course I see why it was a bad idea to get back together with him. It's surreal when you're in the situation. I can read what I wrote and what everyone wrote as well the facts are dismal. But living it is a different story and we did reunite. I get it, he's not going to change, I guess he likes being single. So that answers my question, if he's going to act like a single person, of course there is not a reason I shouldn't as well. But I'm still open to comments on the current situations. I'm not denying I deserve the I told you so's.
It doesn't matter why you where drown together you realize you are oil and water, you're suppose to learn from situation like these so you better know he type of people you NEED in your life.

If you are both going to act single why even bother being together?

you will only receive for life what you seek and allow, if you allow this type of behavior or purposefully seek it out what more do you expect to gain from life?

Lack of forethought is not and excuse when you have been here before to know exactly what your getting in to

You have to realize allowing people that will harm you or not take you in to consideration is just breeding a life of nothing but

Old 06-02-2014, 10:59 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,674,581 times
Quote:
I got back together with my ex boyfriend. It is not going well. I am mortified that his girlfriend before me wrote on his face book, right after we changed our relationship status that she would visit and wanted to hang out with him. Rather than ignore it, he says he would love to!
Next time find a guy who at least has the decency to do these things behind your back.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:01 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,989,150 times
How is taking it slow going for you?

Old 06-02-2014, 11:04 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,942,753 times
zzzzz

Old 06-02-2014, 11:10 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
I'm just embarrassed. I do get it on some level with this person. I am lucky this other man likes me, even though long distance is not practical. My boyfriend is a horrible person. I don't know why. He just doesn't love me, but to humiliate me like that. He really has a mean streak. Why tell the world that we are committed and then go along with the ex who is only saying she wants to see him to make trouble. Well she succeeded. I am actually nauseous which I sometimes get instead of or along with the gut feeling when something is very wrong. So my instinct gets it. How can a man who can get sex elsewhere without too much difficulty act like this just for sex? It's REALLY confusing. But yes, he made up with me for sex and now that he's satisfied he wants to push me away again. Makes sense.
And none of that has anything to do with him, there are mean, nasty, cruel people everywhere.

It has to do with you, and why you know that and keep getting back together with him, over and over and over and over........
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-02-2014, 11:38 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,422,361 times
Quote:

I see no reason I shouldn't hang out with this other man platonically. In fact, I think it's an excellent idea. Opinions? Thank you.
I don't think it will be platonic, and I'm pretty sure neither do you.

Get rid of your boyfriend and get right with yourself, alone. You are only rebounding on this other guy because you know this boyfriend is not that into you.

Nobody can love you, if you don't love you.

Old 06-02-2014, 12:03 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,744,394 times
The definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over then expecting a different outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships