Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 10:34 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,399,669 times

Advertisements

When you're deciding to date a woman, in terms of appearances/aesthetics, is there a certain level or requirement when it comes to her appearance? Need she only be "cute," or does she need to be pretty, hot, beautiful, gorgeous, etc.?

Also, how is each defined? What is the difference between "hot" and "sexy"? What makes a woman beautiful as opposed to "pretty" or "hot"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 10:42 AM

3,009 posts, read 3,654,869 times
If she is more insecure that the borders of Afghanistan it a turn off . I do not want to have to tell a female ever minute of are date i find her sexy or attractive.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:49 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,491,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
When you're deciding to date a woman, in terms of appearances/aesthetics, is there a certain level or requirement when it comes to her appearance? Need she only be "cute," or does she need to be pretty, hot, beautiful, gorgeous, etc.?

Also, how is each defined? What is the difference between "hot" and "sexy"? What makes a woman beautiful as opposed to "pretty" or "hot"?

The difference to me there, is whether or not she's got a brain in her head.

Sexy has the smarts.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:52 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,383,858 times
Quote:

My wife is all of those things(and more): cute, pretty, hot, beautiful, gorgeous. A woman can be ALL.

Yes, I am a very lucky man!

Old 06-01-2014, 10:53 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,491,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
My wife is all of those things(and more): cute, pretty, hot, beautiful, gorgeous. A woman can be ALL.

Yes, I am a very lucky man!

Yes, I'd agree with that.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:56 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,814,536 times
Quote:

It's been my experience that men's (and women's, for that matter) "requirements" are based on their current (or even past) options. If someone is accustomed to routinely dating supermodels, then he's likely going to have a pretty high "standard" of attractiveness for dating.

Re: definitions. It'd be reaching pretty far for most men to try and formulate any differences between hot/sexy/pretty/beautiful. The only discrepancy my circle and I have ever made is between "cute" and "hot" (or the other synonyms). The verbage implies that "hot" is better...but that's not necessarily true. It's just a diffference in a "type" of look.

We'd describe "cute" as youthful, enthusiastic, a "girl next door". Hot would have more "obvious" attractive traits....shapely body, exotic features, etc. I'd list examples of each, but the thread would unquestionably get bogged down in a debate over names. PM me if you're interested.

They're both good; which one is "better" falls under whatever the guy's type happens to be.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:15 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,293,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
If she is more insecure that the borders of Afghanistan it a turn off . I do not want to have to tell a female ever minute of are date i find her sexy or attractive.
That's not what the OP is asking though. The OP is asking what a man's parameters are.

Also, you should tell a woman she looks pretty if it's true. I hate it when men are stingy with their compliments. I'm secure enough to know when I look good, but if a man doesn't tell me I do then he isn't proving that he's appreciative of my company.

Not all the time, but once in a while it's nice to hear.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:35 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,859,076 times
Quote:

To me, you are what is considered pretty, hot, and beautiful.

Those three are a lower % of the population and in concrete terms usually means more chiseled distinct features and a good body. Defined cheekbones, high bridge nose, large eyes.

Cute is a lot more flexible. I find well over half of the female population to be cute.

Then there's OK, and so-so. I don't put anybody in ugly. That'd be hypocritical.

As for what I prefer, I actually prefer cute over hot and beautiful. I have enough time getting attraction from any woman who is average or below, I usually don't bother with women who are hot. I almost instinctively set my 'high-bar' at cute.

As for what I'll take, there is no bottom limit. Again, it'd be hypocritical of me to complain about women rejecting me for my looks and for to do the same without even at least considering the possibility.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:36 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,255,569 times
She not be fat. Everything else I can handle. Jbh

Old 06-01-2014, 12:58 PM

11,426 posts, read 9,356,197 times
Some chemistry. I'm not that picky, especially if one is carrying a few extra pounds which seems to be an issue for many men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships