Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 AM

16,959 posts, read 17,434,310 times

Advertisements

Tell her you cant make it and something unexpected came up (then bump your next date in place of her) and go eat some refreshing ice cream!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 11:38 AM

11,427 posts, read 9,358,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think her response was snarky, too. That's why I wouldn't waste any time thinking about her. But to assume that all she wanted was free dinner is reading too much into it. No need to think about why she said what she said or what her intentions were. Just move on.
The way I took it is we really do not know exactly how she responded with the:
"my first meet suggestion and was like..." "Like" = the attitude of she might as well have said.

I can see how someone would would have a negative response to the ice cream idea. It wasn't awful but at the same time not a good suggestion for a first date either.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:41 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,885,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
Best wishes with your date on Saturday.

In the future I suggest the walk first then lunch. When you meet and discuss of course you can reverse the order.

As others mentioned I can see turning down ice cream and how it can be taken as a waste of time. Sounds like a 20 minute quick get-away and you have doubts from the start that it won't work out.
I don't see a difference between an ice cream date and a coffee date. They're both brief, meet-and-greet events set up to allow the 2 people to do a quick eval and decide if they want to continue or bail, as is the common procedure with OLD.

The lady was rude, there's no denying it, so I guess the OP found out what he needed to know about her without having to spring for the ice cream, lol.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:43 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,209,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Tell her you cant make it and something unexpected came up (then bump your next date in place of her) and go eat some refreshing ice cream!
I probably would have done that if I didn't have more people to call lol But as soon as I hung up I knew her number was deleted

Old 06-01-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
The way I took it is we really do not know exactly how she responded with the:
"my first meet suggestion and was like..." "Like" = the attitude of she might as well have said.

I can see how someone would would have a negative response to the ice cream idea. It wasn't awful but at the same time not a good suggestion for a first date either.
yeah for now on I will connect it to something else

Old 06-01-2014, 11:45 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,273,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
I don't see a difference between an ice cream date and a coffee date. They're both brief, meet-and-greet events set up to allow the 2 people to do a quick eval and decide if they want to continue or bail, as is the common procedure with OLD.

The lady was rude, there's no denying it, so I guess the OP found out what he needed to know about her without having to spring for the ice cream, lol.
Agree totally. I don't get the judgement at all. Ice cream says something about your character that coffee and alcohol don't??

Old 06-01-2014, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post

I had the same thought when I mentioned it. And actually I thought since it was the summer season she would be cool with it. I was doing coffee dates when the weather was colder but not so much in the summer. And if I do a coffee date in the summer I would chose a cafe that has outdoor seating

Old 06-01-2014, 11:48 AM

11,427 posts, read 9,358,073 times
I posted this before but as a side note I once had a lady who once cleaned my teeth admit to me that she was on Match to get "free dinners from guys." That was a verbatim response. I was a bit stunned but I supposed I shouldn't have been.

It sounds like the subject in the opening post could be like that.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:50 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,227,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Am I really the only one who finds her reply to be VERY snarky and unnecessarily critical?!!!

"I'm not in high school anymore?"

What a rude heifer.

I also think the relentless chiding of the OP is unnecessary.
I agree, I would be put off by her too. I would just rather the OP move on from her and not worry about her anymore.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:55 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,737,868 times
I'd love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships