Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 03:43 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,798,452 times

Advertisements

I've heard some people argue that coffee dates are cheap and many women will refuse them as they see it as someone not as interested or committed in the person.

I think coffee dates are excellent for first time offline meetings as they are low-key, inexpensive of course and also can be quick. In online dating, I consider the first offline date more of a screening than a real date which for me is date #2.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2014, 03:56 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
No.
Pay the few extra dollars for lunch instead which is also cheap and quick.

I hate everything about coffee from the high to the smell.
Don't like the taste either so that would rule out decaf.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,868,581 times
coffee dates, lunch dates, and others like them are safe dates for the women. they are usually held in public places, and are generally short dates with no pressure. they also tend to be very informal dates as well. date number two or three is a good dinner date time, if you get that far. movies come later.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:57 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,948,611 times
I don't like coffee, so I'm giving it a no. I'd much rather get drinks.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
No.
Pay the few extra dollars for lunch instead.

I hate everything about coffee from the high to the smell.
i also hate coffee, but if thats what the girl wants, thats what the girl gets, and i am one of those people that can get physically sick from the smell of coffee.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:04 AM

11,377 posts, read 9,293,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i also hate coffee, but if thats what the girl wants, thats what the girl gets, and i am one of those people that can get physically sick from the smell of coffee.
I posted this on another thread yesterday but I was out on a date once and after dinner she suggested a coffee shop. I went along and ordered bottled water.

If I was ever asked, and fat chance that will ever happen since I have never been asked out for a date, I would let her know how I feel about coffee. If she was that insensitive how I feel about it I do not go out on the date.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John13 View Post
I posted this on another thread yesterday but I was out on a date once and after dinner she suggested a coffee shop. I went along and ordered bottled water.

If I was ever asked, and fat chance that will ever happen since I have never been asked out for a date, I would let her know how I feel about coffee. If she was that insensitive how I feel about it I do not go out on the date.
yeah, i am all about making my ladies happy when they are with me. their happiness is more important than mine is. if they are happy, then i am happy. if they are not happy, then no one is happy. there are things i wont do though on a date.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:14 AM

639 posts, read 679,263 times
Yeah its okay nothing wrong with that.. Because sometimes you don't have budget so that time you should have to manage with that kind of small date..

Old 06-02-2014, 04:40 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,014,576 times
Coffee dates as first dates especially are less about budgets and more about finding a safe and "low stakes" way to take that first step in a potential relationship. And like John13 said, you don't have to order coffee. What you drink is less important than just sitting down in a casual setting and breaking the ice. The goal is to see if there is potential for future dates, not actually enjoy a coffee.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:50 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,612,862 times
I like them, because:

A. I like coffee
B. They're low pressure
C. They're casual
D. Nobody has to spend a ton of money

I suggested my first date with my husband, and it was to the coffee shop around the corner from my apartment (I already knew he was a coffee drinker). We were also drinking coffee there when we got engaged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships