Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 10:26 AM

11,832 posts, read 12,097,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
: ) If this question EVER comes up - its a huge red flag.
It is a sign of insecurity, possessiveness and passive aggressive tendancies. All things that create an unhealthy relationship based on fear and lack of trust.
If I gave a suggestion without an explanation lets hope they try it - not suddenly feel as if I were hiding a deep dark secret about someone I knew in my past...sheesh.

If you are feeling for some reason, that someone's past is an issue, you really have to keep it to yourself. Address your own insecurity and come to terms with the fact that if you aren't willing to marry someone and have them "all to yourself", then what business do you have questioning their past? Surely you have one yourself, and the older you get the more likely it is that your partners have a longer and more 'interesting' past, and so will you.

Those are the kinds of feelings and reactions that create mistrust in a relationship and destabilize any hope of romantic intimacy.
GREAT post, especially the bolded!!

If they've chosen to be with you, how does it matter what they did in the past when they freely choose to be with you in the present and future? And amazingly, even if they'd had "better" (what does that even mean?) sex with someone else, it obviously isn't the be-all, end-all if they're not with that person any longer.

Truth is you will never know if you are the "best she's ever had", but realistically you shouldn't even care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 10:29 AM

20,777 posts, read 20,076,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Yes, and I understand your quarterly evaluation system is highly rated by HR professionals everywhere. If gives your partner a fair and honest review, comparative assessment, and helps identify any areas where he should be seeking improvement. I applaud your precision.
We Germans are very organized. My system leaves no questions open

Old 06-06-2014, 10:30 AM

48,635 posts, read 35,109,786 times
I am almost 48 and no man has asked me this.... ever. Of course, I dated men who tend to be a tad smarter and emotionally balanced.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-06-2014, 10:33 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,051,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I am almost 48 and no man has asked me this.... ever. Of course, I dated men who tend to be a tad smarter and emotionally balanced.
Ouch. Passively brutal. I hope OP is okay after reading that line.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:36 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,781,133 times
Quote:
Again, Ms. OP basher, if you read the follow up posts, I NEVER ASKED this question. It was presented to me over pillow talk one night. And again, Ms. selective reader, the question was not whether to ask a woman this, it was whether, if known or not, would it bother you as a man. Get it?

Old 06-06-2014, 10:40 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,223,811 times
I don't ever think about it.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Again, Ms. OP basher, if you read the follow up posts, I NEVER ASKED this question. It was presented to me over pillow talk one night. And again, Ms. selective reader, the question was not whether to ask a woman this, it was whether, if known or not, would it bother you as a man. Get it?

That is Mrs. OP Basher to you.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:19 AM

1,276 posts, read 1,781,133 times
Quote:
That is Mrs. OP Basher to you.
And he's the best you've ever had, right? Oh, but wait there was that one random night in Barbados..

Old 06-06-2014, 11:26 AM

I consider my self quite blessed with my husband.

Old 06-06-2014, 11:27 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,673,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
Then why in your original post does it say the following?

So you ask her, having had sex with her, say, a dozen times or so at this point, where you rank....She is brutally honest and tells you about a few men who were far superior in bed.

In your own words, you ask her.

Here's a question for you. If you married a woman who had been married before, would it bother you as a husband? Would you be curious how you compare and whether she thinks you're a better husband than her ex? Do you worry that she'll look at other men and wonder if they'd make a better husband than you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships