Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 04:28 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,742,148 times

Advertisements

We've had a lot of recent threads on having coffee or ice cream for a first date, the desire to keep the cost of a first date (especially if it's a first meeting) low, and the fact that many people are unwilling to do dinner or dinner and a movie until they've been dating someone for a while.

And it got me wondering. What's the most creative or unusual first date you've ever had?

Here's a few of mine:

* volunteering. I think we went for coffee or something afterwards. (We were making little personal sized toiletry kits to be distributed to people who were displaced by Hurricane Katrina, so basically stuffing gallon size ziplock bags with a toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, soap, deodorant, stuff like that.) We had a nice time chatting and getting to know each other while assembling the kits, but it was kind of strange because there were about 20 other volunteers.

* dinner at the gourmet food trucks. this was a lot of fun, and even though it was dinner, the price wasn't too bad. we got a few different interesting food items then took the food to a park to eat.

* chocolate candy making class. I think this might be my favorite first date ever. it was lots of fun and really delicious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 04:32 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
I took my wife to the Denver Aquarium on our "first" first date.

This is a great thread topic, BTW. I hope people chime in, but the reality is this board seems fascinated with failure.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:39 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
The most "creative" I have ever been was taking a girl ice skating for a first date.

I don't find that creative at all.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:42 PM

371 posts, read 337,665 times
Ok, that first date hasn't happened yet, but my hopeful ideas would be.

-Tidepooling, then lunch/dinner afterward? Areas with access often are near really nice eats.

-hike/picnic by the river.(if they new how to snorkel-then that!)

-some neat nature secret(I know longer live in LB...but when I did their was a local park that frequently had jellyfish in the lagoon.) It wouldn't make for a good first date but a nighthike would be pretty fun too(maybe bring a towel and watch the stars, or a pool of chorusing frogs...)

I don't think I'd want to do dinner and a movie. The movie is time not spent getting to know each other better.

Welp, gotta find someone to invite first!

Old 06-07-2014, 02:45 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
A private how-to lesson at a rock climbing gym. Packed a lunch. It was really great.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:47 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Body painting. I dated an artist when I lived in NYC and our first date included an enormous canvas of some sort and me rolling around on it, covered in paint. . It was like finger painting on steroids.

After I showered, we went for a walk in Central Park.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:13 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon_fly_12 View Post
A private how-to lesson at a rock climbing gym. Packed a lunch. It was really great.
This great Idea if she is into that . We do have up hear indoor skydiving and I place where you can learn tightrope walking .

Old 06-07-2014, 03:18 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,141 times
When I lived in New Mexico and started dating a long time friend, we drove up to Santa Fe as our first real date. Rented a private hot tub at Ten Thousand Waves Spa and drank champagne outdoors at night. It's was pretty nice....especially since it was snowing!

I would not consider doing the same with someone I didn't know so well!!!

Old 06-07-2014, 03:52 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
I'm glad I don't have to be out there in the dating world. Too much pressure to be creative with dates, I think simple boring things like apps at happy hour is fine. I thought the point was just to get to know someone.

Old 06-07-2014, 03:57 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times
I'm going to start taking my dates to ice cream parlors from now on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships