Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:53 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,228,809 times

Advertisements

This is why I say that texting is garbage communication. I'm sure there are cases where women have acted just as psycho, in which case I invite others to post links.

Anyway, don't be these guys. (NSFW: Printed cuss words.)

OKCupid Dude Will Not Be Ignored: 'You Self Involved Princess'

Finance Douche Throws Pee-Pants Tantrum After Being Rejected on Tinder
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 12:58 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,628,590 times
Well, the first guy apologized, at least, and to an extent I can understand frustration when the person does not respond to your text. The second guy is clearly crazy, though.

I haven't seen texts from women who get really angry, but I do remember this one from a woman who snapped on this guy but in a different way.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hgrant/this-...text-messaging

Old 09-16-2014, 01:04 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,607,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Well, the first guy apologized, at least, and to an extent I can understand frustration when the person does not respond to your text. The second guy is clearly crazy, though.

I haven't seen texts from women who get really angry, but I do remember this one from a woman who snapped on this guy but in a different way.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hgrant/this-...text-messaging
Holy sh--!! That is some level of crazy I have never seen.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:14 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,286,896 times
"I don't feel comfortable seeing you anymore."

Talk about the understatement of the century. That guy probably faked his own death to get away. And WTF with the fake texts to other people???

And the words self entitled princess and references to Sex and the City sound oh so familiar. Wonder if that dude posts on here.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:14 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,805,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
Holy sh--!! That is some level of crazy I have never seen.
I've had that exact "conversation" a bunch of times, maybe a dozen or more. It's not as uncommon as you'd think.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:16 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,210,724 times
i hate rejection as much as the next person but jeez....

Old 09-16-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
"I don't feel comfortable seeing you anymore."

Talk about the understatement of the century. That guy probably faked his own death to get away. And WTF with the fake texts to other people???
That one is INCREDIBLY common in women (I can't speak for men). I'd say I see that in close to half the women I've dated. My sample is going to be a bit skewed since I'm often attracted to crazy, but it's definitely all over the place.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
That one is INCREDIBLY common in women (I can't speak for men). I'd say I see that in close to half the women I've dated. My sample is going to be a bit skewed since I'm often attracted to crazy, but it's definitely all over the place.
Yeah, you might want to take some ownership there, though. If you keep gravitating toward the same type of people, you're going to keep having the same experiences. You know what they say about the definition of insanity: doing the same thing again and again but expecting different results.

As a woman and, most importantly, a human being, I can tell you that **** ain't normal behavior.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Yeah, you might want to take some ownership there, though. If you keep gravitating toward the same type of people, you're going to keep having the same experiences. You know what they say about the definition of insanity: doing the same thing again and again but expecting different results.

As a woman and, most importantly, a human being, I can tell you that **** ain't normal behavior.
I'm pretty sure my previous post did that. Like I said, I'm aware of my choices...nobody's expecting anything different here I never said I exclusively date crazy women...I just probably date more of them than most guys.

But as someone with a lot of dating experience, it shows up a lot in women that aren't your standard "garden-variety" crazy too. I see those texts from "normal" women all the time.

Old 09-16-2014, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
I'm pretty sure my previous post did that. Like I said, I'm aware of my choices...nobody's expecting anything different here I never said I exclusively date crazy women...I just probably date more of them than most guys.

But as someone with a lot of dating experience, it shows up a lot in women that aren't your standard "garden-variety" crazy too. I see those texts from "normal" women all the time.
Perhaps they just can't let go of the good Hivemind lovin'?

To me it's mind blowing. I won't even text a friend more than twice in a row, let alone a dude who clearly doesn't want me.

I have had guys text me again and again, but usually it's not consecutively and they wait a few days. It makes me shudder that any of this is not a surprise to anyone.

People be cray cray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships