Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 03:13 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Well, the first guy apologized, at least, and to an extent I can understand frustration when the person does not respond to your text. The second guy is clearly crazy, though.

I haven't seen texts from women who get really angry, but I do remember this one from a woman who snapped on this guy but in a different way.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hgrant/this-...text-messaging

Good grief! I kept waiting for his battery light to turn red.

And apparently there is more to this story, complete with trying to lure him back with a BJ, threats of suicide, a pregnancy... I actually kind of feel bad for her. He should have just blocked her.

The Sequel

Last edited by Lilac110; 09-16-2014 at 03:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 09:09 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post

And apparently there is more to this story, complete with trying to lure him back with a BJ, threats of suicide, a pregnancy... I actually kind of feel bad for her. He should have just blocked her.

The Sequel

I was actually going to add that I see those as well. I stopped seeing the suicide threats in women over 21, and I stopped seeing the pregnancy texts after about 30. But the sexual lure-back? All the time.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:24 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,121,890 times
Quote:

The Sequel
wow. That can't be real.

poor kevin.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:33 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,209,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
wow. That can't be real.

poor kevin.
He should have just blocked her. I feel bad for her. She obviously has some serious issues. Not that he's responsible for her behavior, but it seems almost cruel that he didn't just tell her on the first day that he wasn't interested and that he was not going to respond henceforth, then blocked her.

Old 09-16-2014, 11:45 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,366 times
Quote:
This is why I say that texting is garbage communication. I'm sure there are cases where women have acted just as psycho, in which case I invite others to post links.

Anyway, don't be these guys. (NSFW: Printed cuss words.)

OKCupid Dude Will Not Be Ignored: 'You Self Involved Princess'

Finance Douche Throws Pee-Pants Tantrum After Being Rejected on Tinder
Yes, these guys overreacted, but I know how they feel to a point. I date WAY more attractive women in real life than the ones that reject me online. Generally, in real life, I date at and a bit above my league. Online, girls way below my league don't respond to my messages.

This is why I stopped doing online dating. It's a skewed representation of how things really are. It's possible that these guys ONLY do online dating, which means their egos are completely shot and they are acting out in response to that.

I totally get it, but the sensible thing is to, instead, stop going online for girls.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:45 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Quote:
He should have just blocked her. I feel bad for her. She obviously has some serious issues. Not that he's responsible for her behavior, but it seems almost cruel that he didn't just tell her on the first day that he wasn't interested and that he was not going to respond henceforth, then blocked her.
Yeah, I mean, not to victim blame, but he must've liked the attention to a point if he didn't block her texts.

I feel bad for her to the point that she clearly has mental health issues, but people control their own behavior and shes just plain frightening.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Yes, these guys overreacted, but I know how they feel to a point. I date WAY more attractive women in real life than the ones that reject me online. Generally, in real life, I date at and a bit above my league. Online, girls way below my league don't respond to my messages.

This is why I stopped doing online dating. It's a skewed representation of how things really are. It's possible that these guys ONLY do online dating, which means their egos are completely shot and they are acting out in response to that.

I totally get it, but the sensible thing is to, instead, stop going online for girls.
Yeah but we don't know for sure that these girls are actually ugly. Insecure a-hole men have a tendency to play the "you're ugly and fat" card when they get rejected, even when the girl is a 10.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:46 AM

1,165 posts, read 1,221,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Yeah but we don't know for sure that these girls are actually ugly. Insecure a-hole men have a tendency to play the "you're ugly and fat" card when they get rejected, even when the girl is a 10.
Well, of course, I don't know what these girls looks like (though, if they read Jezebel, I can pretty much guess).

But I'm just relating my own experiences. I've even had situations where girls reject me online and THEN meet me in person at some later point and become really into me. I ask them why they rejected me online and they don't even know.

I can't tell if online dating vastly inflates the attractiveness of these women or vastly deflates my attractiveness or both. I just know that I avoid it like the plague and stick to meeting girls in real life.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristo666 View Post
Well, of course, I don't know what these girls looks like (though, if they read Jezebel, I can pretty much guess).

But I'm just relating my own experiences. I've even had situations where girls reject me online and THEN meet me in person at some later point and become really into me. I ask them why they rejected me online and they don't even know.

I can't tell if online dating vastly inflates the attractiveness of these women or vastly deflates my attractiveness or both. I just know that I avoid it like the plague and stick to meeting girls in real life.
Well sure, that's usually a good strategy.

I just think it's dumb when men react like those guys did. Dude, you wanted me and now you're telling me I'm fat? That's just bizarre.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:50 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
Well sure, that's usually a good strategy.

I just think it's dumb when men react like those guys did. Dude, you wanted me and now you're telling me I'm fat? That's just bizarre.
It's equally dumb that it bothers those women that know that they aren't, in fact, fat. It's immature to do it, but part of the reason that guys do it is because it often "works" (so to speak) at hurting their feelings, which is what they feel they have to do once their feelings have been hurt. It's not right, but it's definitely stupid in both directions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships