Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 04:20 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,197,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
I keep reading about women knowingly going after the wrong type of guy's in their 20's.
As women begin to lose their looks, or hit 30, they start seeking out financially stable, predictable guys.
Not my words so don't shoot the messenger

I just want to know from women if their is any validity or truth to all these articles that say this.
Do you women continuously go after the wrong type of guy when you are younger ? Only to settle down with a stable guy later on in life ??
My mama says "Once a "bad boy" chaser always a "bad boy" chaser".

I know women in their 60's and beyond that are still chasing bad boys. Heck if you read some of the Relationship threads on here you'll see it. It doesn't magically end when a woman reaches her 30's or "loses her looks".

540 posts, read 453,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Duck View Post
That covers a heck of a lot of the male population...at least in Western countries.
In other words why be loyal if lots of attractive women are willing to sleep with you?

250 posts, read 328,499 times
Bad boys attract bad girls.Any woman who knowingly picks a bad boy is a bad girl.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:21 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,770,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
A bad boy can have multiple characteristics.
That is true.

That is the reason why after one date with a bad boy at 20, I knew that dating another bad boy was not for me.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yshudicare View Post
The main one is his ability to attract attractive women. Otherwise he wouldnt be a badboy. He would be a loser.
No badboy's attract ugly ones too. Lol
Many badboy's are losers.Mental issues, can't conform to society, hold ludicrous grudges on a group of people, in and out of jail, in fights, steal, kill, hurt the family and public.

But on the other side badboys can be good.
Fight for what is right.Be an independent thinker.Ready for things in life where others freeze of fear.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
That is true.

That is the reason why after one date with a bad boy at 20, I knew that dating another bad boy was not for me.
Exactly I dated a badboy and he was a lier.He couldn't figure out how I saw through him.Actions scream the loudest.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:32 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl
The "sources" are the various forums where guys who aren't successful with girls go to vent to each other. They tell each other that we like bad boys for sex, but when we're older and want someone to pay the bills and boss around, then we trap some poor unknowing sap "nice guy" into marrying us and supporting our lifestyle of eating bon-bons on the couch while dreaming of bad boys. If they want to avoid such a fate, they are told to "be jerks" and then we will fall over ourselves to have sex with them. They all seem to believe it.
I agree with this.

I have no luck with guys. But I don't go around saying "All men like bad/slutty girls." It's just ignorance, and jealousy comments.

Different people like different things.

1. Some girls like bad boys for hot flings and fun.
2. Some got with a guy that seemed nice, but turned into a jerk later.
3. Some girls don't give bad boys a thought, and want sweet ones.
4. Some girls like the alpha male types
etc.

It depends on the woman in question. And in some cases, people get bad boy and alpha male mixed up.

Going back on all guys liking slutty women. They don't. Some guys like sluts just to sleep with. And some want to "tame" them. Then there's other guys that won't give a slutty woman a chance, and want a conservative nice woman. Or some that settle down with a nice woman after they've slept with and had their fun with the bad ones. It boils down to the taste of the individual. Gender has nothing to do with it. Guys like confident girls, or girls they can easily start and hold conversation with, and have a good time.

Women liking an alpha male, not a bad boy, as some confused that. An alpha males isn't always a bad boy. But bad boys tend to have the qualities of an alpha male.

Me as an example. I want a confident guy. 1 that knows who he is, what he wants, and doesn't let people intimidate and push him around. I want a stand-up man. An alpha males. Not an jerk, or bad boy.

So, to be blunt, I don't want, and am not attracted to, a wuss / pushover.

I could be friends with a shy or mousy guy. But dating wise it's not attractive. I could like him, but he'd be friend zoned first while I got to know him--maybe I could like him later.

It's not the jerks they like. It's the swagger and charisma, and that they seem the stand-up protector type. Not all men like this are *jerks, but the qualities are just often found alot in jerks as well, and some women settle for the jerks, hoping they'll change, and if so, they'll be a perfect guy.

So women don't like guys to treat them like crap, if that's one thing you wonder.

I want a guy that is respectful, and sweet, not weak or shy and mousy. There's a difference between them. lol

Like the guy I have a crush on now. In a series I read. He seems like an *******, but he has a softer side, just a bit socially inept. lol And with women, he's a perfect gentleman. He knows how to treat a lady, and be respectful, and his student learned to be respectful to women under his tutelage . He has many lovers, being a traveling soldier. But cares for, and respects, the lovers he has. Hell, his last girlfriend was a hooker. And he said she was a good woman.

And lots of girls, that follow the series, like this guy, as in addition to being a nice gentleman with the ladies, he's not a push over or a wuss. Quite the opposite. You don't mess with him.

So, alpha male is the idea. Bad boy is not. This is where I am. I don't want a bum, gangster, or trouble-maker. I want a confident, take charge man, but who is respectful and you can build something with.

Now the girls that actually do like bad boys just want them for sex. A passionate fling, but nothing serious.

And some just settle for it if the guy is hot, and they have no self respect. As is the case of a girl I know that stays with a guy that just uses her. She complains alot, but still hasn't left after a year of being his side chick. And he wanted her to come to his house, and take her pants off for him and his friends. She got very offended, telling him she wasn't a ****, and will not take her pants off for random men. But the sex is great, and apparently, he's hot. So, she sticks around hoping he'll treat her better, and it doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:36 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Who cares? Date who you want and if a woman likes bad boys and that isn't you, move on.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:38 PM

540 posts, read 453,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
No badboy's attract ugly ones too. Lol
Many badboy's are losers.Mental issues, can't conform to society, hold ludicrous grudges on a group of people, in and out of jail, in fights, steal, kill, hurt the family and public.

But on the other side badboys can be good.
Fight for what is right.Be an independent thinker.Ready for things in life where others freeze of fear.
But women only acknowledege a badboy if he sleeps with attractive ones. The ugly ones dont count. Hence the badboy hate.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:38 PM

324 posts, read 877,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
I suppose it may have something to do with superficial wants such as good looks in one's early years that change as they get older.
So women stop putting an emphasis on a guy's looks as she gets older.

Good.

Men will be able to show off their other qualities to form a connection, but, do you think that these same men will become aware that their options have now become more abundant as more and more women prioritize other qualities besides appearance ?

What do you think a man who had limited options during his younger years do with his new found success and appeal ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships