Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 05:24 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,255,569 times

Advertisements

Do you have to call her when you use restroom? Get her permission?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 05:57 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,099,143 times
So she is jealous and insecure if there is another woman around who you may see, so now is being emotionally abusive and controlling towards you. She may be telling you it is a trust issue with her, but it is really her own insecurity as well.

These are very poor character traits she is showing.

Is this really someone you want to get into a deeper relationship with? These kinds of issues generally do not go away.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:55 AM

192 posts, read 405,143 times
Looking at other girls is one thing, staring is another (both disrespectful to her and a bit creepy). Also you're long distance with her and when you do see her your attention is on other girls. Honestly that makes me wonder how into this relationship you really are and if her moving to be near you is the best thing.

Old 06-10-2014, 07:56 AM

192 posts, read 405,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
So she is jealous and insecure if there is another woman around who you may see, so now is being emotionally abusive and controlling towards you. She may be telling you it is a trust issue with her, but it is really her own insecurity as well.

These are very poor character traits she is showing.

Is this really someone you want to get into a deeper relationship with? These kinds of issues generally do not go away.
Possibly, but it could also be that she's starting to question the relationship. Putting him on house arrest or curfews though is a bit extreme.

Old 06-10-2014, 08:00 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsondrugs2 View Post
She really is acting controlling, but she never was before... shes like the only way you can build my trust is if your home before 9, cant go to beaches until I see you don't do anything anymore.. and stuff like that... and she said its either that or wer over.

Seize this opportunity with both hands and get out now.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 AM

10,929 posts, read 11,778,875 times
Bad behavior! Made even worse by an insecure and manipulative girlfriend. Next time you try this, better hope you are with a strong woman who will tell you how disrespectful, unattractive and immature this absolutely clownish behavior is.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,469,647 times
Quote:
She really is acting controlling, but she never was before... shes like the only way you can build my trust is if your home before 9, cant go to beaches until I see you don't do anything anymore.. and stuff like that... and she said its either that or wer over.

The moment a woman you barely know starts "Telling" you what you can and cannot do is the moment you walk and don't look back.
Is she your Mother to give you a curfew? Do you need her permission to go PP? Are you an adult?
Can you use your own mind to make your own decisions about your life?

It still amazes me that people allow others to treat them like they are 2 year olds in the sand box.

Personally I would tell her you are over and move on, running, very fast in the opposite direction.

Old 06-10-2014, 09:22 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,252,527 times
Quote:
My girlfriend of 2 years has some serious trust issues with me right now. Wer long distance but shes moving near me in 15 days. Well what happened, long story short... she saw me stare at girls multiple times when we wer together 2 different times.

Well now im trying to make things better, and when she moves ill prove it to her. But right now she doesn't trust me to go out or anything. And everytime I do she gets mad and stops talking to me.. like gets hella distant. So wer trying to come up with a way to build trust and make things better. So for these 15 days what can we do when she doesn't trust me to do anything? And the line between staying togetor and breaking up is a strand of hair right now lol.
You're both in the wrong, you for being inconsiderate and insensitive enough to gawk at other women when you're out with her, her for being insanely controlling and manipulative.

Her crimes against the relationship are much worse than yours, but that doesn't absolve you from being disrespectful when you're out with someone. You say you have been long-distance for two years. Plenty of time for you to look at other people when she wasn't around. What little time she had with you, you should have focused on her. It's not that difficult to keep your eyes from wandering for a few hours or a couple of days.

As for her, apparently she is extremely insecure and controlling. She does not have the right to tell you where you can go and what time you have to be home. That is just ridiculous.

This relationship is dead in the water.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 AM

3 posts, read 2,952 times
The thing is shes not usally like this, she told me shes willing to change just as soon as I show her I did... my question is what can we do to last these 15 days... because ofcourse im gonna go out, I have a social life.. im definitely not staying home. ..

Old 06-10-2014, 11:56 AM

41,936 posts, read 37,171,503 times
Quote:
shes willing to change just as soon as I show her I did

Dude. Stop being played.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships