Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 12:51 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,264,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsondrugs2 View Post
The thing is shes not usally like this, she told me shes willing to change just as soon as I show her I did... my question is what can we do to last these 15 days... because ofcourse im gonna go out, I have a social life.. im definitely not staying home. ..
We told you. Break up. It won't get better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 01:37 PM

5,303 posts, read 5,275,673 times
If she's acting like this because you looked at some girls, what do you think she'll do when she moves closer.

Get ready for that ball and chain, you're in for a long miserable life.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:27 PM

192 posts, read 405,143 times
Quote:
The thing is shes not usally like this, she told me shes willing to change just as soon as I show her I did... my question is what can we do to last these 15 days... because ofcourse im gonna go out, I have a social life.. im definitely not staying home. ..
You just confirmed what I said before, that you're not invested enough in this relationship. I don't think her demands are at all reasonable but on the other hand, if you really wanted this relationship to work you would be on the phone with her trying to reassure her instead of just insisting that you're not staying home.

BTW, how old are you guys?

Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,983,960 times
Quote:
My girlfriend of 2 years has some serious trust issues with me right now. Wer long distance but shes moving near me in 15 days. Well what happened, long story short... she saw me stare at girls multiple times when we wer together 2 different times.

Well now im trying to make things better, and when she moves ill prove it to her. But right now she doesn't trust me to go out or anything. And everytime I do she gets mad and stops talking to me.. like gets hella distant. So wer trying to come up with a way to build trust and make things better. So for these 15 days what can we do when she doesn't trust me to do anything? And the line between staying togetor and breaking up is a strand of hair right now lol.
here is a silly idea, STOP STARING AT OTHER GIRLS when you are with her. when i am going with a girl, there are no other girls around. my last girlfriend would point out other girls and ask i though they were pretty, or prettier than her, and i would always tell her that there are no other girls around, and that as far as i was concerned they were just men with boobs.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:46 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,525,819 times
I dont care how much you love and respect your partner guys will take notice of other women if only to admire another womans beauty for a brief moment, its the way we guys are wired,any guy walking down a beach that doesnt take a short casual glance at an attractive woman as she walks by is defective in my opinion. To the op ,get darker shades if she doesnt grasp the concept,guys look at women if she cant deal with it tell her to get lost.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:07 PM

20,779 posts, read 20,105,586 times
Next time around - don't stare at other girls.

And ... get off the drugs.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:11 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,252,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I dont care how much you love and respect your partner guys will take notice of other women if only to admire another womans beauty for a brief moment, its the way we guys are wired,any guy walking down a beach that doesnt take a short casual glance at an attractive woman as she walks by is defective in my opinion. To the op ,get darker shades if she doesnt grasp the concept,guys look at women if she cant deal with it tell her to get lost.
He said he stared at them. Big difference.

Quote:
My girlfriend of 2 years has some serious trust issues with me right now. Wer long distance but shes moving near me in 15 days. Well what happened, long story short... she saw me stare at girls multiple times when we wer together 2 different times.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:35 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,525,819 times
We need our op to define what is meant by staring at other girls, Taking a casual look is one thing, getting out the binoculars is something else..

Old 06-10-2014, 03:42 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,699,405 times
Quote:
Why do I not believe this is the entire story? Have you cheated before? Are you sure you didn't give her any other reason to not trust you? If you were completely innocent and she acted in such an irrational controlling manner, you would have dumped her yesterday. And here you are asking how to prove yourself.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:49 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,469,647 times
Quote:

You can break up with her, you are not going to change for long if you change at all because you really don't want to and she won't change for long either because she will find some other reason to start telling you what you can do with whom when and how long.

There is no saving this situation so cut your losses and move on it will be best for both of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships