Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 03:36 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,706,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
There are days I want to tell her "make up your mind. either decide you want to be with him, fix the marriage, and deal with the all baggage you two seem to have or leave and learn to live your life on your own," but ultimatums never work.

She's told me lots of things I don't need to know, especially about their finances. They make a decent income, but are up to their eyeballs in student loan debt (him more than her). She was telling me last week about some expensive repairs that needed to be done to the property so they can get rid of it, even though they'd probably take a loss on it.

<snip>
You think a woman who lies to her husband on a daily basis is telling you the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2014, 03:36 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,487,825 times
Here is your responds to her telling you marital issues You have nothing to do with.
"You should be talking about this with your husband, not me"
...and nothing more or less

You can't choose people's behaviors for them, but you can control yourself and set a standard for what you are willing to base your "friendships" off of

It's Something you haven't seemed to demonstrate during all these years with this girl judging from what you have posted in this thread.

Don't let mice in your kitchen and expect to not have things tampered with is how my grandmother would have put it.

People's motivations are pretty appearent wih the actions they lead with. Stop acting passive aggressive towards your ex and her business and set the standard for which your *ahem* friendship is going to be.

If you understand you can't have "just" a friendship because your motivations for staying in contact are not "just" friendly in nature....Knock it off.

If you truly just want a serious HEALTHY adult friendship you need to start telling her what's what and not allow childish behavior to manifest itself within your relationship together.

You're the only one who get to decide what you allow in your life. So stop all the nonsense of shucking the blame to others and playing the innocent

You're right when you say it takes two to tango...but you are also neglecting it takes only one to lead where the dance is going

If all that is TLDR let me sum it up in two words
Get real.

Last edited by rego00123; 06-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Phone fun

Old 06-10-2014, 04:09 PM

5,205 posts, read 4,695,000 times
Quote:
I'll agree that I've been in kind of a holding pattern. I'm not trying too hard to get a girlfriend now and I've only had two real girlfriends in the past three years or so. Neither one were good long-term fits and I always compared those two to the girl in question. Neither looked as good, neither was as smart, neither knew me as well and how to make me smile, what I like, sense of humor, etc.
Well here is the gist of it. You're in love with this girl or at least very obsessed. You will continue to rationalize all sorts of reasons to do what you do until you stop being in love with her.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:22 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,054,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Well here is the gist of it. You're in love with this girl or at least very obsessed. You will continue to rationalize all sorts of reasons to do what you do until you stop being in love with her.
I suppose some people are okay with just doing what they want to do and rationalizing their behavior in such a way they mitigate in their own mind the truth they have done something wrong. OP, you say you realize you're a "not a good guy" but you won't go so far as to acknowledge you know you're on the brink of doing something profoundly bad. Why are you trying to justify your actions? Why not just back off and leave a marriage alone?

Old 06-10-2014, 04:40 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,375,828 times
Quote:
She may very well have been texting other people, but would you have texted selfies on your honeymoon to an ex? That's where the problem comes in. She was texting just like she was on some regular vacation.

Honestly, we've never brought up being in a relationship together again (and I'm not sure it would even work long-term). Even if she's not intending for this to come off as more than a friendship, it looks bad, and if she's that clueless, I wouldn't be with her.

The guy in question was an ex. He sent me a funny pic with a quick note to congratulate me! We'd run into one another about a year and a half before I got married (though I was dating my husband at the time) and this ex had always been more of a friend than anything else because we'd known one another since high school, so we would chat sometimes and he knew I was getting married. My husband even knew that I talked to him. I sent him a note back with a pic of the view from where I was waiting for my driver to pick me up and take me back to our cottage so I could get ready for the wedding. It was quite harmless, really.

I am suggesting that this woman may see you as someone from her past that she recalls fondly and considers a friend (especially with all the confiding in you re: finances and so forth, yet no mentions of anything romantic).

Perhaps she doesn't have many friends due to her history with bipolar disorder and problems from when she was younger.

I think you may well be reading far more into this than is there, and I do agree that you need to quit talking to her if you cannot simply be her friend. I mean, she is likely a person of very high emotion and perhaps her husband is more reserved. Maybe she's more social than him and this texting (which she may well do with others) is her social outlet.

I think you should find a girlfriend, honestly.

Last edited by RedZin; 06-10-2014 at 04:50 PM..

Old 06-10-2014, 04:42 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,864,056 times
The question should be "how far away can you get?"

Old 06-10-2014, 05:30 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,966,344 times
OP: Run. I had a gf in college, who one time told me her plan was to marry someone else but keep me around for "fun"? Not my idea of a good time. We broke up eventually. You just might be her fun/fantasy date. Sounds like an unstable woman you couldn't count on, like my college gf. She did eventually marry a very dull but successful guy. After one child and about 10 years, she was divorced, and she took up with her old hs boyfriend who was married. So that marriage ended but she changed her mind and decided she didn't want that guy either. Your friend there could be a real train wreck. You don't want to be on board.

Old 06-10-2014, 05:49 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,781,684 times
OP:

My husband had a former female friend who had mental health problems *schizophrenia* as well as other health problems.

She wanted his help with her personal problems as well as mental health problems.

The two of them became friends before he started dating me.

But... her actions caused me to see red flags.

Then after he introduced me to her, her behavior became more apparent.

She did anything to break up our relationship.

A male friend of my husband told us that she wanted to date him when the 2 of us were in a serious relationship.

He told her that dating him was not possible. She could not understand that one.

He had to end their friendship for several reasons.

Do not cause trouble in their relationship.

Distance yourself from her.

The best thing you can do is to pray for her. Let God handle all of the problems. Listen to what God tells you.

Last edited by snugglegirl05; 06-10-2014 at 06:03 PM..

Old 06-10-2014, 06:17 PM

48,641 posts, read 35,125,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
You think a woman who lies to her husband on a daily basis is telling you the truth?
This.

Can't sum it up much better than that.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-11-2014, 06:20 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,375,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
How do we know she's lying to her husband, though? OP already admitted that none of these texts are romantic in nature. Sounds like she's telling him stuff she'd tell a good friend.

Not all men mind if a woman is friends with her ex.

If OP was telling us that this woman was plotting to run away with him, I'd absolutely agree with you.

The whole "possible relationship" seems like something OP made up by himself so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships