Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 07:54 PM

592 posts, read 803,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
*measures*
....I'm sorry but I'm taken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 07:58 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,489,260 times
Men rarely, if ever, flirt without a purpose.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:51 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,906,989 times
i do it to make people happy.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:38 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,337,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
Anytime a woman flirts with me, I assume she wants the D.

You mean a Chocolate Iced Donut?

Old 06-12-2014, 07:12 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,935,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Improve View Post
....I'm sorry but I'm taken.
Your point?

Old 07-15-2014, 12:04 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,937,745 times
I thought I'd post an update. My last 2 attempts to ask him to happy hour were foiled. Once he wasn't working. The second one was derailed by his visiting friends who stopped by and a former colleague who stopped by.*

*This place has an open floor plan so you can hear conversations that are nearby without trying.

We started to chat a bit, and visitor one stopped by (some out of towner friend). He was sitting behind me and did check in once and a while, grabbing my arm and pouring me a (free) glass of wine.

While he was chatting with the out of towners the ex coworker popped up and he chatted with them. Then it was time for me to go, so I waved gave me a goodbye hug, but no opportune time to setup drinks!

So I'll have to stop by later this week to end the endless flirting confusion!

On the up note, I think officially the other people work there have decided to give me free stuff. When he wasn't around I got a free lemonade and scone!

It is like a magical location. There is another nearby restaurant that gives me free apps and dessert every other visit.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:09 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,425,339 times
Some people mistake friendliness for flirting.

I usually don't assume much from our interaction- even if they're giving something for free or doing a kind gesture (maybe they are just warm-hearted folks).

I usually err on the side of not reading into flirting signs too much.

I think people read into things too much, and then assume something is there when it's not.

Usually, with guys, if they want something from you like a date or casual get together, they ask and they make it clear. There's no room for needing to distinguish if he was flirting with me or being friendly. If he was, he'd make it very direct like "I'd like to get to know you" or "We seem to have a lot in common" "You seem like a sweet gal. Can we meet for coffee sometime? Or dinner?" They make it very direct, very clear.

Then again, I tend to be really oblivious when it comes to men. So my advice: "Always assume nothing, unless otherwise stated so. Even then, no guarantees." People can B.S. a lot to themselves or to you too you know? Being a friendly and gregarious person, it's nice to feel connected to people without having the lines blurred by over-thinking innocent gestures or remarks.

Old 07-15-2014, 02:10 PM

792 posts, read 636,345 times
Sorry, but men rarely want to be "just friends". At least the men I know. So if you think a man might be flirting with you, he probably is and he probably wants to get in your pants sometime.

Women are a lot different. It's hard to tell often whether a woman is flirting with you or just having a friendly conversation.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:21 PM

22 posts, read 38,864 times
I'd like to know this as well.. I have a hard time distinguishing politeness/kindness with flirting.

I had just met a man for the first time (to study) and we were taking a walk at a local festival when I pointed out my curiosity in champagne and he offered to buy a glass to share (again, just met..barely knew him).

No idea if he was just polite and wanted me to try / didn't want to spend the money on 2 glasses haha... or if he wanted something from me =/

Old 07-15-2014, 03:23 PM

102,255 posts, read 108,215,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Men rarely, if ever, flirt without a purpose.
But that purpose can be simply ego-gratification, if they already have an SO. The purpose isn't always to get an SO in the first place, or to get a date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships