Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2014, 07:59 PM

592 posts, read 804,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Worked for me.

Im proud of u.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 08:23 PM

1,806 posts, read 1,742,550 times
Those 7 things were written by a feminist nutjob who's never dated a man. Turn offs? One turn off is the idea that men have that "men have magical penises that can cause women to instantly achieve orgasm". If a guy is having sex with a woman, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to worry about the things he's done to turn her off.

Unrealistic expectations - Really? If the guy's expectations are unrealistic then he wouldn't be talking to the woman and as such how could the expectations be unrealistic? It's stupid.

Don't quit - Really? Women don't like to be pursued? Sorry, but that's a load of crap.

In a hurry? BS. If it's early in a dating situation and the woman is interested, she won't mind someone showing interest even if it's early. Again, the author of this is likely showing her baggage here.

5.You view sex as something owed to you, or something to be taken - Yes, so few women ever want to be taken by someone they're dating. It's much better for a guy to be passive. Sorry, how do your roll eyes on here

6. You don’t work to improve yourself - Sorry, I'll call BS on this too. I've never been asked what am i doing to improve myself. Women want to know you have your stuff together, are confident and usually that you have some geniune interest in something.

7. You’ve never accomplished anything - Really? That's what she's listed as a turn off. Umm, that needs to be explained and be on a list?

That there's 10+ pages of posts on this topic is asinine. That article is a terribly written mess by a woman who has likely dated all of one guy. I know journalism doesn't pay much but come on.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:31 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,059,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Those 7 things were written by a feminist nutjob who's never dated a man. Turn offs? One turn off is the idea that men have that "men have magical penises that can cause women to instantly achieve orgasm". If a guy is having sex with a woman, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have to worry about the things he's done to turn her off.

Unrealistic expectations - Really? If the guy's expectations are unrealistic then he wouldn't be talking to the woman and as such how could the expectations be unrealistic? It's stupid.

Don't quit - Really? Women don't like to be pursued? Sorry, but that's a load of crap.

In a hurry? BS. If it's early in a dating situation and the woman is interested, she won't mind someone showing interest even if it's early. Again, the author of this is likely showing her baggage here.

5.You view sex as something owed to you, or something to be taken - Yes, so few women ever want to be taken by someone they're dating. It's much better for a guy to be passive. Sorry, how do your roll eyes on here

6. You don’t work to improve yourself - Sorry, I'll call BS on this too. I've never been asked what am i doing to improve myself. Women want to know you have your stuff together, are confident and usually that you have some geniune interest in something.

7. You’ve never accomplished anything - Really? That's what she's listed as a turn off. Umm, that needs to be explained and be on a list?

That there's 10+ pages of posts on this topic is asinine. That article is a terribly written mess by a woman who has likely dated all of one guy. I know journalism doesn't pay much but come on.

Should we tell him? Someone ought to tell him. I'm gonna tell him!

That article was written by a man! James Fell. You can even click on his name and see a picture. Definitely not a woman.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:39 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,396,980 times
I get the feeling that many are assuming this automatically applies to them. If these points don't apply to you then they don't apply. Of course they don't apply to ALL men. The advice is coming from a "generally speaking" point of view. No reason to throw a conniption.

Old 06-11-2014, 08:50 PM

102,342 posts, read 108,608,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
Those 7 things were written by a feminist nutjob who's never dated a man.
You did get that the author's a guy, right?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:11 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,197,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
And just because a woman is more on the plain side doesn't mean she wouldn't blow you away with interesting convos and sweetness (not to mention her hidden qualities you have the pleasure of experiencing only if things progress to the bedroom).
No thanks, I'll pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Some dudes are missing out on the good stuff by only picking the obvious targets.
No I'm not.

Basic article. Nothing new.

14 and TheD made good points about men usually having to pursue interests/position themselves, much like a career choice. Bout the only worthwhile thing from this thread.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:14 PM

411 posts, read 418,062 times
Talk disrespectively about women and or feminism.

Are fascinated by serial killers.

Talk about their many conquests and female friends.

Run like the wind........

Old 06-11-2014, 10:26 PM

13,708 posts, read 9,813,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
you do have to position yourself somehow; circulate and be where the women (or men) are. And when the opportunity arises, you make a move, you don't let it pass you by. Even if you take the route of "letting life unfold", when opportunity knocks, you have to open the door. Rarely is it an automatic door. You have to get up, walk over to the door, and open it.
This is a crucial point, and it's a travesty that this point is missing from most "self help" advice. It's good to study for an exam, but the most assiduous studying becomes moot if you never arrive for the actual exam itself. It would be foolish to not prepare for the exam. But it's no less foolish to prepare and prepare, without ever actually taking the exam.

There is much self-righteous feeling of injustice, that so-and-so is a "lesser" man, and yet he got the girl. How could this be? Is the world a backwards and illogical place? That may well be. But perhaps the "lesser" man diverted a portion of the effort that would have gone into self-improvement, instead into actually meeting people? He did this not through chicanery or cant. But neither did he just sit back and let his life-success reel in the women. He was, to borrow the management-term, proactive. How? This is where we could genuinely use some advice - even if the material is derivative and stale.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:17 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,215,739 times
^^^ Someone up there said talks about his many female friends- I agree.
Friends IRL, friends (or hookups) online, Fakebook friends....
If he's constantly bragging to play high school childish games it's not cool.
Boys do that, not men.

Other turn offs:

Over inflated ego's
Narcissistic
Unreliable
Sleazy or questionable friends
Past history of promiscuity
Lies compulsively

Old 06-12-2014, 06:31 AM

44,252 posts, read 64,570,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
But he's right; you do have to position yourself somehow; circulate and be where the women (or men) are. And when the opportunity arises, you make a move, you don't let it pass you by. Even if you take the route of "letting life unfold", when opportunity knocks, you have to open the door. Rarely is it an automatic door. You have to get up, walk over to the door, and open it.
I didn't say sit on your couch eating ramen noodles waiting for your life to unfold.

I said going and being in the community and following your passions and growing and learning.
Not just schlepping to your cube and then to your couch and to your cube and to the couch, etc.

The positioning comes organically... combine that with an open mind and the possibilities!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships