Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 01:06 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,123,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
It seems as if women like to box men into their narrow view of what a man is supposed to be and how hes suppsoed to act yet when man try to box women into whats feminine and how a women should act its looked at as demeaning..

I personally think its ignroant to think every man on earth should be the same becasue hes a man and vice versa..people are different not just genders

There is a very large difference between trying to box someone into roles you have in your mind and judging them for that, and being attracted to someone. They're two very different things.

We had a person on here always harping on castration and if women would be interested in dating a castrated male. Most (shockingly!) had zero interest, that doesn't mean the dude shouldn't go down the path of whatever expression of gender / sex /whatever he wanted to. Most people are like "do whatever floats your boat".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 01:08 PM

36,806 posts, read 31,098,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Have any of you ever been and are you currently in a relationship with a man that doesn't conform to a strict idea of 'masculinity'?

Examples include wearing clothing, living in a way, etc. that according to your culture is considered "feminine" such as wearing dresses and make-up or staying at home being domestic taking care of the children while some one else works?~

How does this make you feel, what are the 'positive things' you can share about, and what, if any, are some challenges or things you are still taking time to 'get used to'?

This doesn't just apply to heterosexual relationships, but every one is encouraged to share their views and experiences on this topic.~
My ex dressed in women's clothes for Halloween a few times, does that count?
If your asking do we dig cross dressers, personally no. A kilt might be ok, in the bedroom.
Other than that, I kind of like non conformists.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:09 PM

102,315 posts, read 108,515,277 times
Quote:
It seems as if women like to box men into their narrow view of what a man is supposed to be and how hes suppsoed to act yet when man try to box women into whats feminine and how a women should act its looked at as demeaning..

I personally think its ignroant to think every man on earth should be the same becasue hes a man and vice versa..people are different not just genders
I can't imagine where you get this. Times have changed so much since the 1950's.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:49 PM

20,777 posts, read 20,076,039 times
I like masculine men. Tall, strong, dominant and confident.

If their hair gets so long that they need a hair brush, it is too long. If they need longer to get ready to go out than me, we have a problem.

Unreasonable? Maybe.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:00 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,804,685 times
Quote:

Fair point. Sometimes I get really annoyed with the obligation to remove nearly all of my body hair to be considered feminine, not just below the waist but also my arms and armpits and now my freaking face. I've plucked my eyebrows for ages but now have to worry whether I have a stray hair on my chin or cheek or neck. It's stupid. We're mammals, I'm female. And I do hate being defined and judged that way, as if being how I was BORN could make me less female or feminine. At the same time, I don't expect men or women to just get over a lifetime of social conditioning and find my hairy legs attractive. That's different from just not being judgmental and mean about it.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:17 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,440,147 times
I had a cross-dressing dude message me on OKC once. Sooooo not my thing.

But being a SAHD? No, not feminine. That's taking care of your family.

Old 06-12-2014, 03:19 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,324,111 times
I want a guy who isn't hindered by what is considered masculine or feminine. A nice balance is something I am looking for. I don't want a guy that's atypically girly girl like though. However, I also don't like girls like that either.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:38 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,993,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
A man who wears a dress is either a transvestite or a transexual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3y3QoFnqZc&feature=kp

Old 06-12-2014, 04:53 PM

663 posts, read 780,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Fair point. Sometimes I get really annoyed with the obligation to remove nearly all of my body hair to be considered feminine, not just below the waist but also my arms and armpits and now my freaking face. I've plucked my eyebrows for ages but now have to worry whether I have a stray hair on my chin or cheek or neck. It's stupid. We're mammals, I'm female. And I do hate being defined and judged that way, as if being how I was BORN could make me less female or feminine. At the same time, I don't expect men or women to just get over a lifetime of social conditioning and find my hairy legs attractive. That's different from just not being judgmental and mean about it.
You aren't obligated to do it.

No one forced you to do it...

Old 06-12-2014, 04:57 PM

663 posts, read 780,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
There is a very large difference between trying to box someone into roles you have in your mind and judging them for that, and being attracted to someone. They're two very different things.

We had a person on here always harping on castration and if women would be interested in dating a castrated male. Most (shockingly!) had zero interest, that doesn't mean the dude shouldn't go down the path of whatever expression of gender / sex /whatever he wanted to. Most people are like "do whatever floats your boat".
So when a woman posts, "I don't want a guy who cross dresses, or acts "feminine", that is considered ok

but when a man posts, "I don't want a girl who doesn't shave, or acts "masucline" that is considered not ok right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships