Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:48 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,012,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
So when a woman posts, "I don't want a guy who cross dresses, or acts "feminine", that is considered ok

but when a man posts, "I don't want a girl who doesn't shave, or acts "masucline" that is considered not ok right?

No, they're both ok.

Not wanting to date someone, or not being attracted to someone, is completely different than thinking either are ok or not. Two separate subjects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 09:48 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,730,327 times
Quote:
You aren't obligated to do it.

No one forced you to do it...
Thank you for your understanding. That is sweet. Do you not mind your women to be unshaven? My husband is understanding too, but I know what he prefers and that does obligate me to an extent. It's important to me that he finds me attractive, and I take his desires and preferences into consideration.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:37 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,670,201 times
My thought is, if I wanted to date a female I would date a real female.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,901,760 times
Taking care of kids shouldn't be gender specific. As for dresses, I once met a rock musician who wore a dress on Saturday Night Live. I should have asked him but it was when he had a drug problem. I don't know any other guys who wore dresses though have dated men who wore makeup.

Old 06-12-2014, 10:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,901,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I had a cross-dressing dude message me on OKC once. Sooooo not my thing.

But being a SAHD? No, not feminine. That's taking care of your family.
I got one as well along with a transgendered female who was transitioning to male. Not my thing.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,953,300 times
Quote:

but when a man posts, "I don't want a girl who doesn't shave, or acts "masucline" that is considered not ok right?
The only thing not right about this statement is the part about a woman not shaving.

Old 06-13-2014, 01:24 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,420,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsWolf View Post
Have any of you ever been and are you currently in a relationship with a man that doesn't conform to a strict idea of 'masculinity'?

Examples include wearing clothing, living in a way, etc. that according to your culture is considered "feminine" such as wearing dresses and make-up or staying at home being domestic taking care of the children while some one else works?~

How does this make you feel, what are the 'positive things' you can share about, and what, if any, are some challenges or things you are still taking time to 'get used to'?

This doesn't just apply to heterosexual relationships, but every one is encouraged to share their views and experiences on this topic.~
My recent ex was a lot like that. Doesn't adhere to strict masculinity.

He was into art, quiet, shy, nerdy (dork), non confrontational, can be at times more chicken**** than me.

I dug the part where he was a soft kind of guy but at times I wish he had this thing called intuition and not having to have instructions for the little things. Geezes was he Mr. Direction this Direction that. Got kinda annoying.. thinking about it already bugs me. Meh!

Old 06-13-2014, 08:06 PM

628 posts, read 1,390,412 times
Interesting opinions...~

Old 06-13-2014, 08:56 PM

131 posts, read 148,940 times
None of this really matters because at the end of the day it comes down to what you can get.. not what you want. Sure, a woman might prefer a man over 6'0" with a deep voice, nice car and big hands and blah, blah, blah.. but if none of the men with those traits are interested in her then she is SOL. So then what? Then she has to either take what she can get or stay by herself. Same goes for men. You want a supermodel.. but if she doesn't want you then you're SOL.

This is why I never get stressed over discussions like this and when women try to tell me how a man should act or be I just shrug because I know her opinion doesn't really matter unless she can attract such a man which in most cases she can't.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:29 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,650,824 times
Quote:
So when a woman posts, "I don't want a guy who cross dresses, or acts "feminine", that is considered ok

The latter is OK as well because it's simply the expression of a preference. Preferences are neither good nor bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships