Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2014, 04:24 PM

957 posts, read 1,063,752 times

Advertisements

1. Excessive drinking
2. Talks like a hood rat
3. Worries about stupid things that don't matter (Drama)
4. Has tons of dude friends, just can't get the thought of a basketball team railing her out of head when I see them hanging out.
5. Doesn't work out or do active things (kind of a big part of my life)
6. Career students (Why are so many 30 year old women still in college?)
7. Overly religious or a redneck.

5 and 6 can be overlooked, but it's a turnoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2014, 04:34 PM

957 posts, read 1,063,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Sure there are big women who let themselves go-
there's also overweight guys who don't care either about their health or appearance.
I'll never be one of them.
I've always been a health nut, working out since a young teen all the way to now, & honestly it feels amazing doing hot yoga w/ 20 something year old girls who can't keep up
That's the other thing- there's a lot of people in their 20's who are more out of shape than people in their 40's.

Only on C-D do I see this type of ignorance, though
Most the older guys and women in my gym kill it, There's only like 5-10 people under 30 years old that go everyday.

I started working out when I broke my back attempting a 1080 at a big air contest. When the rehab was done I just kept going. That was 8 years ago, I went from a skinny 150 lbs to 205 with less bodyfat. Feels good

I lost a lot of endurance though, I felt like I could run further and jump higher in my twenties, but whatever. my clothes don't hang off me and it's really helped my confidence. I wish my folks would have pressured me into the path of iron in high-school.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:38 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,212,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV84 View Post
1. Excessive drinking
2. Talks like a hood rat
3. Worries about stupid things that don't matter (Drama)
4. Has tons of dude friends, just can't get the thought of a basketball team railing her out of head when I see them hanging out.
5. Doesn't work out or do active things (kind of a big part of my life)
7. Overly religious or a redneck.

5 and 6 can be overlooked, but it's a turnoff.
This. Honestly some people think because they're in college forever it's an excuse to not have to work.
Ugh.

Quote:
Most the older guys and women in my gym kill it, There's only like 5-10 people under 30 years old that go everyday.

I started working out when I broke my back attempting a 1080 at a big air contest. When the rehab was done I just kept going. That was 8 years ago, I went from a skinny 150 lbs to 205 with less bodyfat. Feels good

I lost a lot of endurance though, I felt like I could run further and jump higher in my twenties, but whatever. my clothes don't hang off me and it's really helped my confidence. I wish my folks would have pressured me into the path of iron in high-school.
And that's pretty impressive, the fact that you broke your back- & came back stronger?
Congrats

Old 06-12-2014, 04:43 PM

31,303 posts, read 22,291,489 times
Theres some good ones here. I'll add:

Lazy
Insults her looks all the time (insecurity is so unattractive)
Wants to turn lights completely off during sex. Dim is ok.
Poor kisser
Watches the Kardasians religously

Old 06-12-2014, 04:59 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,635,399 times
= Women that can ONLY relax/unwind AFTER they have had a glass of wine.

Last edited by usamathman; 06-12-2014 at 05:10 PM..

Old 06-12-2014, 05:11 PM

42,762 posts, read 53,002,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
I refuse to deal with a woman that is a Beyonce Fan.
I can see your Halo, Halo, Halo, Halo, Halooooo.
Quote:
I love curves
Good.
Quote:
= Women that can ONLY seem to relax/unwind AFTER they have had a glass of wine.
No sitting and flicking on the boob tube does it.Or my bed, I love my bed.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:18 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,415,379 times
Never admits to being wrong
Has no friends
No hobbies other than watching tv
Has constant overdraft bank fees
Thinks swallowing is gross

Old 06-12-2014, 05:32 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,183,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Sure there are big women who let themselves go-
there's also overweight guys who don't care either about their health or appearance.
I'll never be one of them.
I've always been a health nut, working out since a young teen all the way to now, & honestly it feels amazing doing hot yoga w/ 20 something year old girls who can't keep up
That's the other thing- there's a lot of people in their 20's who are more out of shape than people in their 40's.

Only on C-D do I see this type of ignorance, though
This post is pretty laughable. The honest truth, is that most men and women in this country start to really pack it on in their 30's. There are people in my gym that are in their 40's that still look great, but it's because they live in the gym, they have good genetics, and they really watch what they eat. I'm a few years from being one of these people. At 25 I looked like one of those guys on a box of underwear without even watching my diet and minimal exercise. At almost 40 years old I still have a tight mid-section and a muscular build, but I make a lot of sacrifices to be in the type of shape that I'm in these days. If there were actually an abundance of 40 year old women with rocking bodies, guys wouldn't be chasing younger women. My comment is true, in that skinny chicks typically don't lose their looks the way women with curves do as the get older. To say otherwise is just silly.

And LOL at your yoga comment. Yoga being so intense and all. If you really want to find out how old you are, try doing cross-fit with a group of shapely women in their 20's. I can guarantee that It will bring you back to planet earth.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:36 PM

41,936 posts, read 37,134,166 times
Quote:

30 is fairly typical for a grad student, esp ph.d. students.

Wise people go to school, get out at 21-22, work for 4-6 years to get experience and figure out what they want to specialize in, then go to grad school, which is a couple of years.

Not a turnoff, the norm really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post

And LOL at your yoga comment. Yoga being so intense and all. If you really want to find out how old you are, try doing cross-fit with a group of shapely women in their 20's. I can guarantee that It will bring you back to planet earth.
Yoga is a joke. Done it, several types, many times, over a number of years. It is stretching, not exercise. Crossfit CAN be great, but is, more often than not, horrible. People, including instructors, push speed/reps with lifts that should be about form and technical correctness, which leads to injury.

There is nothing better than old school cardio and weight training for both genders.

Good crossfit, which is super rare, is fantastic. I've been to a half dozen crossfit places in the last 3-4 years looking for a fit, an none care about proper form in lifting.

Old 06-12-2014, 05:39 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,212,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
This post is pretty laughable. The honest truth, is that most men and women in this country start to really pack it on in their 30's. There are people in my gym that are in their 40's that still look great, but it's because they live in a gym, they have good genetics, and they really watch what they eat. I'm a few years from being one of these people. At 25 I looked like one of those guys on a box of underwear without even watching my diet and minimal exercise. At almost 40 years old I still have a tight mid-section and a muscular build, but I make a lot of sacrifices to be in the type of shape that I'm in these days. If there were actually an abundance of 40 year old women with rocking bodies, guys would be chasing younger women. My comment is true, in that skinny chicks typically don't lose their looks the way women with curves do as the get older. To say otherwise is just silly.

Lol dude, not taking the bait.
Bet you look more like this in reality

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships