Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 09:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
if you were my daughter, I'd slap her for being so illogical and irrational because there would be no way those traits would be passed down to her.
You'd slap someone who just went through 2 deaths in the family? Good one....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2014, 09:13 PM

4,222 posts, read 4,746,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Then you are in the wrong place, my friend. Nobody comes to CDR looking to minimize the petty stuff in their lives.
You're absolutely right. I don't know what possessed me to post this.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:14 PM

663 posts, read 778,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You'd slap someone who just went through 2 deaths in the family? Good one....
Obviously not for the deaths in the family.

I'd slap her for the dealing with this issue. Suddenly blocks communication with a guy without telling him, then feels creeped out because he showed up wondering if she was ok.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:16 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
Try putting yourself in MY shoes. This is not a relative, a coworker, a friend...not someone I'm in a relationship with. And he shows up unannounced at 10 pm...

Technically you put yourself in your shoes in this situation by just blocking him without telling him the truth.
No one to blame but the one you see in the mirror.
It is not as complicated as what most make it out to be, be honest and let them know you don't want to see them again and tell them why, then you will likely not have guys showing up at your door.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:16 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Um. Hell YES. I am ANGRY about a lot right now. I'm grieving and I'm dealing with a lot of family stress. I have to minimize the petty stuff in my life right now.
You were bothered that he showed up at your house, but it's your fault he did. You should have taken the two minutes to tell him you never wanted to see him again. Since you didn't, you have no good reason to complain that he showed up.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Red flag #1: he let himself into the building, somehow

Red flag #2: he came at 10:00 pm

Red or yellow flag: he has a gf, apparently with kids

I find it alarming that people are trying to convince the OP that what this guy has done is OK, normal, and that he's just showing concern for her. There are some clear boundary issues here (unless they used to get together at 10:00 pm when they were dating). Even if the OP had texted him that she didn't want to see him anymore, and why, this still could have happened. Some guys take rejection poorly, and the stalking starts. If I were the OP, I'd text him to leave her alone, tell him why, and re-block him.

Best of luck with your bereavement, OP. I'm sorry for your losses. Take care, be smart and stay safe.
Thank you.

I'm really surprised at the responses in this thread but maybe (1)I haven't provided enough info for people to understand my concern or (2) all the stalkers are on CD in the relationship forum at this time of night.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:18 PM

663 posts, read 778,233 times
Let's be real: OP just wants us to boohoo with her and tell her that the dude is a creepy creep.

So let's just give it to her: OP you are right. Dude is an utter creep. Immediately go to police and file complaint. Tell all your GFs and relatives about this creep.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:18 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Knowing if I was ok was NOT his true motivation. I know enough about him at this point to know better.

Did anyone not hear the part about 2 family deaths in two weeks? No I was not thinking about owing this man who is committed and by the way has two kids at home with his girlfriend ANY sort of explanation. I have WAY too much else going on right now.

You cannot take 10 minutes to be honest with the guy but you can take 30+ to post about the situation here?
Alrighty then.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:20 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
No need to speculate. He DID what he was going to do. Said what he said...... and left.
I agree. But obviously the OP and the person I was responding to THINK that he showed up for some other purpose. I'm wondering what they THINK that purpose was.

Old 06-16-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
You were bothered that he showed up at your house, but it's your fault he did. You should have taken the two minutes to tell him you never wanted to see him again. Since you didn't, you have no good reason to complain that he showed up.
Not true. I usually wouldn't go back and forth with people about a topic so much but there is NO WAY this is my fault. No way. I do NOT control this man's actions. I'd put money on it he would have showed up even if I HAD given him an explanation. I know more about him than you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships