Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 PM

2 posts, read 17,771 times

Advertisements

Some men seem to think that once a woman is married she should no longer dress like that. What are your opinions on this?

Old 06-25-2014, 04:06 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,384,266 times
Women and men should wear whatever the heck they want, as long as it doesn't break any decency laws.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:29 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisypink View Post
Some men seem to think that once a woman is married she should no longer dress like that. What are your opinions on this?
Tight revealing clothes that equal skanky and trampy, I could see a guy's point in asking his wife to consider putting something else on.

But as long as a woman has the good taste to dress appropriately for whatever situation/occasion she is in, the choice is hers on what to wear.

Most married men do enjoy seeing their wives looking sexy in the right situation.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:32 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times
Theres two peoples opinions that matter on this subject. Yours and your husbands.

Not strangers on an internet fourm.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:36 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
I'm sure if the guy is the real jealous type, he most likely wouldn't want his wife dressing that way once they got married. Also, it might not be an issue for some couples because I personally know and have seen married couples, where the woman still dress pretty revealing. Over the years, I have seen women in revealing clothes picking their kids up from school. The bottom line here is, that she have the final say so on how she wants to present herself to the public. If a guy don't want a wife who dress that way, then perhaps he shouldn't be dating women who dress like that. I mean if she been dressing that way all along while you been dating her, she is not going change that cold turkey just because he wants to marry her and especially if she have no kids.

Old 06-25-2014, 04:36 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,412,091 times
Quote:
Married or not, I think being considerate of others around is important (especially kids).

Is being half naked and wearing tight clothes around kids a positive influence?

It's like being a role-model. If a person's kootch is all up in everyone's business, I think there is a degree of self-responsibility one must take on how it affects everyone else around them based on their actions.

What say you?

Old 06-25-2014, 05:30 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
In my opinion it's ok for married gals to wear tight revealing clothes. I find most husbands who have an issue with this have no to little issue leering, staring, or gazing at gals wearing tight revealing clothes.

This has been an issue to some of the married gals I know. A few had husbands that tried to pull the 'be considerate of my feelings' card simply offered that they'd stop wearing tight revealing clothes if he would never look at any gal wearing such clothes. Their offer wasn't taken. Some had husbands that tried to pull the 'think of the kids' card and the gals just responded with 'I can guess what you're thinking of when you look at the kids friends' as their husbands had a tendency to gaze a bit at the teenage gals their kids were friends so. So basically the gals got their stalemate as none of them had husbands that would never look at a gal in tight revealing clothes or ever have sexual attraction to an underage gal.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:34 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,342,342 times
Quote:
I think I would want my wife to dress however she wants.

Old 06-25-2014, 05:56 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Theres two peoples opinions that matter on this subject. Yours and your husbands.

Not strangers on an internet fourm.
That's about it.

Old 06-25-2014, 06:08 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
I would rather not have to constantly defend my wife in public from other men out for their own needs and judgmental gawkers...that said she is her own person, She is free to dress how she like.

doing so without thought of her surroundings or circumstance shows a huge lack of judgment. Which, isn't just a problem in the moment it's a HUGE turnoff for me as a lover.

It has nothing to do with control or Jelousy (for myself) it has to do with forethought and being able to make appropriate judgments as an individual.

Everything has it's place and time, revealing clothes are not exempt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships