Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 10:04 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,142,570 times

Advertisements

The more and more I view POF. The more and more a fleshlght and a dog look like a better investment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 10:13 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,590,352 times
All dating sites are useless because any good looking woman will get tons of messages a day. The women just picture shop "ehh he's cute next... NOW HE'S HOT!!" it's just like a shoe store for some of them.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:43 PM

283 posts, read 349,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I do not need anyone to take care of my kids.
so what- they would still be a big part of a guy's life who married you.
despite what you think women with 2 kids by 2 dads who only date their own race and don't have sex are not good catches.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:02 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
Before me and my wife were seriously dating, we were both on online dating sites and we would show each other messages we got from nutjobs on there. My wife was very nice and would at least message most people back and a lot of guys took to calling her every sort of name just because she polietly said she wasn't interested in them. A lot of men get very frustrated because of the high rejection rate - they don't realize that some women get dozens of messages a day and/or have an inflated self-worth to begin with - so they resort to childish behavior to feel better about themselves.

Online dating, especially crappy free sites POF, is just a cesspool.
Yeah it really can be a troubled thing because many can't take polite rejection. For me I generally only rejected people who were specifically not what I desired. I could have been nasty but was polite but even so they were nasty. It's their fault they contacted me and I rejected them.

Old 07-19-2014, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
Yes, I am very happy that I did. If you go to the POF forums (or other dating forums) you see people that have been on there and other sites for years. I don't see how they could do that; it got so depressing for me after a relatively short time.

BTW I didn't mean to infer that every woman I met from a dating site turned out to be a nutjob. There were a few nice ones, but it was obvious right after meeting that it was never going to go any further than maybe a casual online friendship. That's why I never agreed to anything but a meetup for _a_ drink or coffee first.

You pretty much know right away if you have IRL chemistry or not - and if not, there is no sense prolonging the agony by having to sit through a whole dinner or show. Though there were some women who were obviously bored and/or disinterested (kept looking at their phone, standoffish body language, etc) that still wanted to get something to eat - probably just to snag a free meal/drinks.
The POF forums make this site look calm. The forums have low class trash and it got frustrated. Every time I posted something it got deleted and the psycho mod there sent me a message threatening me. Those nuts gang up on people.

However, I did meet a decent guy there. It never went past a first date but he was normal. He said most of the women he met were liars or freaks.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:10 AM

10,068 posts, read 7,239,454 times
Change the picture to one where you look better. Online dating is 97% about the quality of the pics.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:50 AM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Any better ideas? I want a good guy. My days of going for the bad boys that abandon us are long gone. I seek that forever/ grow old together relationship.
Don't give up so easily. I met my SO of almost 5 years, on POF. He is a genuinely nice, handsome, caring, sweet man. They are out there.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:40 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Don't give up so easily. I met my SO of almost 5 years, on POF. He is a genuinely nice, handsome, caring, sweet man. They are out there.
Yeah, I know several really decent people who are on POF. Not all are nut jobs.

I don'tdateyou? What in the world did you do to bring that on yourself? I've been on OKC and POF and never have had anyone attack me or get into trouble with mods, but your tone is very judgmental and insulting to the decent people who are on POF. Maybe that's it? Perhaps you're not rejecting them as politely as you think you are.

The thing to keep in mind too is that all those "skanks" on POF are in the real world too but maybe sequestered in different neighborhoods. You get all types on there and must weed thru.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Yeah, I know several really decent people who are on POF. Not all are nut jobs.

I don'tdateyou? What in the world did you do to bring that on yourself? I've been on OKC and POF and never have had anyone attack me or get into trouble with mods, but your tone is very judgmental and insulting to the decent people who are on POF. Maybe that's it? Perhaps you're not rejecting them as politely as you think you are.

The thing to keep in mind too is that all those "skanks" on POF are in the real world too but maybe sequestered in different neighborhoods. You get all types on there and must weed thru.
They didn't like that I was conservative when it came to dating. I got approached often by baby daddies, talking men with multiple baby mamas. The decent people on there I had no issues with, just the low class.

Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,799,063 times
OK, but I'm conservative and picky as hell about who I'll date as well. I don't know if I ever had a multiple baby daddy contact me--the issue didn't come up with most of them. Some had kids and some by different marriages, so is that what you mean? I mean, I am willing to date men with children so maybe that's the diff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships