Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 07:37 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,991 times

Advertisements

On TV yesterday, a guy brokeup with his girlfriend, and he was hurting after. He fainted in his pool, but was luckily survived. It was clear that he was hurting. How long does a relationship hurt and how bad does it hurt, from a scale of 1-10. (1-Less Hurt, 10-Hurts badly)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 07:50 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
It depends on the person.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Depends entirely on the person.

Days
Weeks
Years
to Decades.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:01 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,193,612 times
It varies based on many things.

1. How sensitive is the one who was dumped?
2. How much time was invested in the relationship?
3. Did they see the split coming?
4. Were they hoping for a life-long commitment?
5. What was the reason for the split?
6. How attached were they to their SO who's dumping them?

Some break ups end great. 2 parties end on good terms with no hard feelings-some even stay friends. It may have even been mutual. Others aren't as lucky.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:33 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
I've noticed on this forum that people who have never been through a breakup often imagine it as much worse than it is. Is that from abstinence classes or something?

A breakup is like stubbing your toe, except a but more drawn out. It hurts a lot at first, then it hurts less, then you forget it ever hurt in the first place. Do you ever think about the last time you stubbed your toe?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:40 PM

37,624 posts, read 46,016,337 times
You must be very young to ask such a question.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:03 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
You must be very young to ask such a question.
It IS an odd question for an adult to ask isn't it? But then, school is out for the summer!

Old 07-24-2014, 09:26 PM

3,016 posts, read 3,911,569 times
I think it is different for everyone. . . .

I've only had one hurt so bad that I could not function within the parameters of being a member of society anymore.

Day 1 through 4 after I found out she was cheating:

I slept almost 16 hours a day - contemplating suicide during the hours I was awake along with drinking to the point of collapsing again. I only woke up to drink water, use the bathroom and let my dog into my backyard to go to the bathroom.

Day 5 to 11

Started being able to leave the house to go to Starbucks once a day. Continued drinking to the point of total annihilation and sleeping about twelve to fourteen hours a day. Any thoughts of her putting the other guy's **** in her mouth or ******* would cause me to start slamming multiple shots of Jager and Wild Turkey again.

Day 12 - 16

I began jumping out of planes again - with the sole purpose of gaining enough courage to eventually intentionally cut away my main and then use a hook knife to cut the lines on my reserve at or about 1,000 feet.

Day 17-24

Decided I should just wait for her to come back - unable to sleep at night because I might risk not hearing her knock at the door. . . . .

That proved to be pathetic and unrewarding as her return was not likely to happen.

Day 25 - 28

Back to Plan C. . . . . Rather than negatively impact the lives of my fellow jumpers and cause chaos at the drop zone. I figured I would just blow my brains out at home.

But then I got worried about who was going to take care of my dog after that, so I increased my life insurance and dropped him off at my mother's house.

Day 29-35

I though there might be a logical way out of my situation that didn't involve death through alcohol and/or gunshot. I figured that I could bang my way out of despair. . . . . .

The next six months involved my attempt at banging hotter, younger and sluttier than what I was previously with as a way of resolving my pain, loss and desperation.

That didn't work.

Day 216 - 230

I tried some new and interesting drugs as a way to block out the feelings of pain, loss and heart break that had been consuming my life for the best part of the current year. Epic failure - woke up in the back of an ambulance after having a grand mal seizure while attempting to reach euphoria with some friends. For a brief moment in time, I felt like Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue, although without the bass guitar.

Day 231 - 250

Through much research and in a quest for personal growth and evolution, I found the works of Melanie Tonia Evans and her insight and perspective got me to the point where I could rise again up from the ashes and resume my role as the one and only Skydive Outlaw. . . . .

www.melanietoniaevans.com

Sky-O

Last edited by Skydive Outlaw; 07-24-2014 at 09:39 PM..

Old 07-24-2014, 09:29 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,724,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I think it is different for everyone. . . .

I've only had one hurt so bad that I could not function within the parameters of being a member of society anymore.

Day 1 through 4 after I found out she was cheating:

I slept almost 16 hours a day - contemplating suicide during the hours I was awake along with drinking to the point of collapsing again. I only woke up to drink water, use the bathroom and let my dog into my backyard to go to the bathroom.

Day 5 to 11

Started being able to leave the house to go to Starbucks once a day. Continued drinking to the point of total annihilation and sleeping about twelve to fourteen hours a day. Any thoughts of her putting the other guy's **** in her mouth or ******* would cause me to start slamming multiple shots of Jager and Wild Turkey again.

Day 12 - 16

I began jumping out of planes again - with the sole purpose of gaining enough courage to eventually intentionally cut away my main and then use a hook knife to cut the lines on my reserve at or about 1,000 feet.

Day 17-24

Decided I should just wait for her to come back - unable to sleep at night because I might risk hearing her knock at the door. . . . .

That proved to be pathetic and unrewarding as her return was not likely to happen.

Day 25 - 28

Back to Plan C. . . . . Rather than negatively impact the lives of my fellow jumpers and cause chaos at the drop zone. I figured I would just blow my brains out at home.

But then I got worried about who was going to take care of my dog after that, so I increased my life insurance and dropped him off at my mother's house.

Day 29-35

I though there might be a logical way out of my situation that didn't involve death through alcohol and/or gunshot. I figured that I could bang my way out of despair. . . . . .

The next six months involved my attempt at banging hotter, younger and sluttier than what I was previously with as a way of resolving my pain, loss and desperation.

That didn't work.

Day 216 - 230

I tried some new and interesting drugs as a way to block out the feelings of pain, loss and heart break that had been consuming my life for the best part of the current year. Epic failure - woke up in the back of an ambulance after having a grand mal seizure while attempting to reach euphoria with some friends. For a brief moment in time, I felt like Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue, although with the bass guitar.

Day 231 - 250

Through much research and in a quest for personal growth and evolution, I found the works of Melanie Tonia Evans and her insight and perspective got me to the point where I could rise again up from the ashes and resume my role as the one and only Skydive Outlaw. . . . .

www.melanietoniaevans.com

Sky-O
Speechless.....

I guess a break up isn't like stubbing your toe after all, aye Nila?

Old 07-24-2014, 09:46 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,998,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Speechless.....

I guess a break up isn't like stubbing your toe after all, aye Nila?
Ummmm....

Well, sometimes a stubbed toe turns out to be fractured --especially if you have bone cancer or something as a pre-existing condition, and you don't know it's there until the fracture.

::cue late night jokes about bones and relationships and cancer::
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships