Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2021, 01:46 PM

198 posts, read 101,014 times

Advertisements

I'll throw in my 2 cents. Obviously drama can come from men as well. IME though, I'll just say that I was very put off when women I dated would do things like create trivial fights out of thin air, seemingly out a of a sense of boredom. Do all women do this? Absolutely not. Do some men? I'm sure they do. It's just been my unfortunate experience to have this happen multiple times. Of course there are other experiences unique to my past relationships I could use to highlight "relationship" drama, but I'll just leave it at the one example. I'm sure some of the women here have had boyfriends or husbands pull the same stunt, but in my past relationships, and even watching my mom/dad, it was usually the women contriving fights.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2021, 01:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,041,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaKings55 View Post
I'll throw in my 2 cents. Obviously drama can come from men as well. IME though, I'll just say that I was very put off when women I dated would do things like create trivial fights out of thin air, seemingly out a of a sense of boredom. Do all women do this? Absolutely not. Do some men? I'm sure they do. It's just been my unfortunate experience to have this happen multiple times. Of course there are other experiences unique to my past relationships I could use to highlight "relationship" drama, but I'll just leave it at the one example. I'm sure some of the women here have had boyfriends or husbands pull the same stunt, but in my past relationships, and even watching my mom/dad, it was usually the women contriving fights.
And in my experience, it's the men. Why the difference? Maybe because I'm dating men and you're dating women, who knows? (speaking generally)

Anyway, I have no time nor inclination for drama from anyone, men or women. Friends or lovers. Get it far away from me.

Old 09-27-2021, 01:53 PM

13,261 posts, read 8,043,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
He will split at the first hint of any trouble without taking any responsibility especially if he caused it.

BAM! This.

IMO, he's not worth the trouble to get involved with. So unless you're just looking for some sexy fun, bypass anyone that says that.

Old 09-27-2021, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
BAM! This.

IMO, he's not worth the trouble to get involved with. So unless you're just looking for some sexy fun, bypass anyone that says that.
I would be all over anyone who said that, so there's someone for everyone I guess. I don't dish out drama and I don't want to take it either.

Old 09-27-2021, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
And in my experience, it's the men. Why the difference? Maybe because I'm dating men and you're dating women, who knows? (speaking generally)

Anyway, I have no time nor inclination for drama from anyone, men or women. Friends or lovers. Get it far away from me.

I feel ya.

Old 09-27-2021, 02:00 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,648,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I would be all over anyone who said that, so there's someone for everyone I guess. I don't dish out drama and I don't want to take it either.
Really? To me, it screams poor social skills. I'd avoid someone who wrote "No drama!" in their profile.

Old 09-27-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Really? To me, it screams poor social skills. I'd avoid someone who wrote "No drama!" in their profile.

What a weird thing to add to a profile anyway. Like somehow it will spare them from actual drama. Imagine their shock and horror when drama inevitably appears.

Old 09-27-2021, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia 100 View Post
Well, I'm avoiding profiles in general so there's that.

Here's something interesting about profiles.

When I met my husband (he died last year, unexpectedly, so I'm single), his profile was a little strange. I mean, he didn't say all that much on it and all I could tell from his photo was that he had a normal enough shaped head and it looked like he had two arms and two legs and could walk. He said he was 47 and I figured I would know more about his age if we met.

I meanwhile had put all sorts of detail on my profile. I had thought long and hard about what to put on there. I kept my photos up to date, and included full body shots that were recent (not nekkid pictures - LOL - fully clothed). Anyway, so somehow or another we met online and decided quickly to meet in person. Not because we were so eager, but because both of us had learned that no matter how much you think you may like a person online, nothing beat meeting in person for either of us.

So we met and fell in love instantly and it was great. We got married the next year. Also great.

Years later I asked him what had attracted him to my profile and you know what he told me? "You had pretty eyes." That was it. In fact, his first message to me was simply that now that I think of it "You have pretty eyes." He didn't remember a single remark I had made in my profile! LOL

Old 09-27-2021, 02:13 PM

I don't have any drama that I know of - I mean, I do have grown kids and grandkids, but they are well behaved and they stay out of my business. I am not an emotionally mercurial person. My parents are deceased. I'm a happy, fulfilled, energetic person who is simply never bored. Sorry - some might find that boring but I like it and I like my life that way. Two other tortured souls can find each other and torture each other with minutia or belly button gazing or whatever but leave me out of it.

Old 09-27-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaKings55 View Post
What a weird thing to add to a profile anyway. Like somehow it will spare them from actual drama. Imagine their shock and horror when drama inevitably appears.
I just met someone (we're not dating but still - I just met him and this conversation came up). He and I were both laughing about how neither of us wants ANY DRAMA!

I took it to mean that neither of us wants to argue and fight with anyone about stuff that ultimately doesn't mean much in the long run.

And if I ever end up with anyone, they better leave their baggage somewhere else or have already gone through it and unpacked it all (preferable).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships