Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 08:08 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,260,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
This is what we have to deal with in 2014 fellas.....

All over one phrase in YOUR profile...... "NO DRAMA"

Wow.

Put the phrase in there anyway. LOL!!!
You're being a bit dramatic, don't you think?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 10:04 AM

202 posts, read 126,250 times
It means "I don't want a relationship full of emotional crap."

It's a guy who is probably fed up with crying, hysterics, vicious gossip, and nonstop complaining over petty nonsense.

He wants a calm, rational person as a romantic partner, not an emotionally driven idiot.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:14 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,548,921 times
"I'll take zombie threads for $200, Alex!"

When men say they are not looking for drama, it means they want you to show them your garden of Eden with absolutely no expectations of them whatsoever.

If you ask:

Do you like movies?
Can we meet for a meal?
Do you work?
Do you have a car?
Do you have your own place?
How is your relationship with your family?
Do you like pets?
Can you help me tidy up?
How was your day today?

D.R.A.M.A.

Old 09-26-2021, 10:21 AM

102,376 posts, read 108,679,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

When men say they are not looking for drama, it means they want you to show them your garden of Eden with absolutely no expectations of them whatsoever.

If you ask:

Do you like movies?
Can we meet for a meal?
Do you work?
Do you have a car?
Do you like pets?
Can you help me tidy up?
How was your day today?

D.R.A.M.A.
Hilarious! I'm so glad H8 is still posting with us!

OK, it's a zombie thread. We may as well enjoy it.

I'll play: "not looking for drama" probably means, that this is a person who's been prone to picking high-maintenance or high-drama women, so he thinks by declaring zero tolerance for drama, that will take care of his subconscious self-defeating behavior. IOW: he's a walking red flag.

Is there a prize for "Best Answer"?

Old 09-26-2021, 10:38 AM

4,651 posts, read 1,823,323 times
It means, "I'm going to be as dramatic as I can be, but don't you YOU dare inflict any drama on ME!"

Old 09-26-2021, 11:25 AM

9,587 posts, read 5,879,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

If you ask:

Do you like movies?
Can we meet for a meal?
Do you work?
Do you have a car?
Do you like pets?
Can you help me tidy up?
How was your day today?

D.R.A.M.A.
Ha! Can't rep you again.

Old 09-26-2021, 11:32 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,190,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
It means, "I'm going to be as dramatic as I can be, but don't you YOU dare inflict any drama on ME!"
I remember a narcissist I was dating declaring how he despised drama so much. This was after a disagreement where I stated a boundary/preference. He absolutely came unglued, and things were never the same after that. I really didn’t know as much about narcissism back then, so I had no idea what happened.

Anywhoo, when a man proclaims he “hates drama” off the bat, it brings up a negative connotation for me.

In fact, I don’t like a man stating in OLD profiles his negatives/what he doesn’t want/doesn’t like. It seems like a red flag. I’d prefer to read what he does like.

Old 09-26-2021, 11:38 AM

29,799 posts, read 34,617,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
"And any emotions you have or any expectations you have of me = drama"

Old 09-26-2021, 11:45 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,548,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_Guest View Post
I remember a narcissist I was dating declaring how he despised drama so much. This was after a disagreement where I stated a boundary/preference. He absolutely came unglued, and things were never the same after that. I really didn’t know as much about narcissism back then, so I had no idea what happened.

Anywhoo, when a man proclaims he “hates drama” off the bat, it brings up a negative connotation for me.

In fact, I don’t like a man stating in OLD profiles his negatives/what he doesn’t want/doesn’t like. It seems like a red flag. I’d prefer to read what he does like.
Same here with the bolded. At best, I thought these men were selecting emotionally immature women (read = too young for them) and then being annoyed by the behaviors emotionally immature women are known for. Like, cognitive dissonance? But no, these guys are the drama creators living in complete denial, and will gaslight you right out of their lives.

I completely agree that listing negatives actually tells you more about them than anything else does. If a guy posts about how all his girlfriends are/were crazy, then I know he is a grade A donkey's rear. When they talk about how women have exploited them financially, they don't want a gold digger = broke, a miser, or both. And I'm the kinda gal who has no issues with a guy using coupons on a date!

Old 09-26-2021, 12:03 PM

4,651 posts, read 1,823,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
"And any emotions you have or any expectations you have of me = drama"
LOL!!

"Oh. My God(ness)! You're questions make me THINK! I don't wanna THINK! Ohhh, I'm done with you! You're filled with too much drama!"

BTW fleetie...what kind of movies do YOU like?

If these guys don't like drama, then WHY DO THEY CAUSE IT?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships