Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 12:04 PM

16,959 posts, read 17,383,951 times

Advertisements

Mee thinks, you've got a little more than just 'friendly' feelings for him, otherwise, you wouldn't be so hurt.

What does your boyfriend think about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 12:05 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,349,210 times
It appears you crossed the friendship/over abundance of drama and you sent him something posted about someone else assuming he would want to get involved in whatever that issue is/was and pass it along.

You should not be talking specific details about your relationship issues with anyone outside of who you are having the relationship with and you should not be notifying one person of a post about another person, that is gossiping.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:05 PM

11 posts, read 8,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobaloba View Post
You sound pretty immature. I'm going to estimate you're like 23 years old.
That was such a helpful reply.....I appreciate it!

I'd like to estimate you're a know it all. Surprised there was no more enlightening information you felt compelled to share....

Old 07-31-2014, 12:12 PM

214 posts, read 207,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1976 View Post
That was such a helpful reply.....I appreciate it!

I'd like to estimate you're a know it all. Surprised there was no more enlightening information you felt compelled to share....
I didn't know what else to write that everyone else hadn't. You claimed you just needed him to be honest, but when he was you got butthurt about it and said he was being rude. The guy's not your boyfriend, but you treat him like one, which is what women do all the time. You guys should realize that guys who aren't dating you don't care about hearing about constant drama or the made-up conflicts in your life. Men like to talk about normal things or, at the most, just keep it simple like "that guy's an a-hole" and if he wants you to elaborate he'll ask you what you mean. This isn't rocket science.

Then you send him a screenshot of a Facebook post so "he might would tell the person who was being talked about." A) I don't even know what that means. B) That's immature. C) Who gives a crap about a screenshot of a Facebook post?

Was that more informative?

Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,742,234 times
You seem kind of immature. Screenshooting someone else's conversation of fb and sending it to him, that is something a teenager would do.

You probably come off as a really unnecessary dramatic person. A lot of guys don't like females like that. Also you telling him about your boyfriend problems was probably a slap in the face for him, because it seemed like he like you. Seems to me you have feelings for him as well based on what you are writing. You're giving off a lot of bad vibes with your behavior in my opinion.

As far as him being insensitive, it seems to me you are being overly sensitive to his "honest" replies. Like someone else said, he was being honest and upfront with you, you just didn't like what he said. From what I can see if the friendship isn't over, I don't see it lasting much longer.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:16 PM

My boyfriend knows of our friendship, of course. He doesn't know that I did speak of some issues with him. Who would tell that? No, it may not be exactly right to talk to another, but I appreciated getting a male perspective. I didn't tell him very much, or very intimate details, just generics pretty much. The friend also talked to me some about women he'd gone out with it. Not specifics, but some general details here and there.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:23 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,636,627 times
Quote:
I've been friends with a former coworker for 3 years. I consider (or considered) him to be a sweet and caring person and friend. We mostly just had a texting friendship. But I considered him to be a pretty good friend. I went thru a bad health scare and he was very nice about it and would text me on occasion "Hey! How are you doing? Are you ok?" etc. I thought it was very sweet especially since I thought most men wouldn't care if they were not your boyfriend or a very close friend. So, anyway, that drew me close to him. I respected him as a person.

I started having issues with my boyfriend recently and told this friend some of it. At first he talked back to me and it was comforting talking to a male about those problems. He had also talked to me about his dating woes. But I did talk/complain more. He started getting distant. So I asked if I should not talk about my boyfriend any longer to him and his answer basically was "Yeah, you kinda dump your problems in my lap. It gets old." I told him all he had to do was be honest and tell me he didn't want to hear it any longer. I thought it was pretty rude and insensitive. Seemed out of character from someone who seemed sensitive before.

So, then I sent a screenshot post from Facebook about a previous coworker of ours to him. I thought perhaps he might would tell the person who was being talked about. He tells me "that bothers me. That is none of mine or your business." I was like- whoa. Ok. I told him "Sorry, didn't think it was a big deal..." I told him I felt as if I was being judged and I thought we were better friends than that. I also told him he should just be honest and tell me whatever was bothering him instead of the short texts (like a one sentence reply) This happened a couple of days ago and I haven't heard from him since. I was hoping for some sort of "Yeah, I should've been upfront with you".

I hate to think our friendship is over. I really liked him and I don't really have any other close male friends. But, if it's over, it's over. Also, we've never talked sexually or about dating each other- just fyi.
It is possible that he might have had feelings for you.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
You seem kind of immature. Screenshooting someone else's conversation of fb and sending it to him, that is something a teenager would do.

You probably come off as a really unnecessary dramatic person. A lot of guys don't like females like that. Also you telling him about your boyfriend problems was probably a slap in the face for him, because it seemed like he like you. Seems to me you have feelings for him as well based on what you are writing. You're giving off a lot of bad vibes with your behavior in my opinion.

As far as him being insensitive, it seems to me you are being overly sensitive to his "honest" replies. Like someone else said, he was being honest and upfront with you, you just didn't like what he said. From what I can see if the friendship isn't over, I don't see it lasting much longer.
Thank you for the honest answer that yes, you think the friendship is over! I guess this forum is for everyone to judge the actions that have happened? I was asking for opinions on if the friendship is over- I think you were probably the first- so thank you! As I said, or think I did, if it's over, that's fine with me.

As far as the Facebook post- If I was wrong, I was wrong. So judgemental on here. It was a public post on Facebook- very inappropriate and someone was talking crap about this person he is friends with. I sent it to him thinking he might would want to tell said person so they'd know and maybe poster would delete. If someone had said such crap about me, I'd sure want someone to tell me!!! If all this makes me immature- then I guess I am in that respect. I thought I was caring about a third parties well being! Well, this sure has been a learning experience.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:32 PM

2,826 posts, read 4,001,109 times
Quote:
My boyfriend knows of our friendship, of course. He doesn't know that I did speak of some issues with him. Who would tell that? No, it may not be exactly right to talk to another, but I appreciated getting a male perspective. I didn't tell him very much, or very intimate details, just generics pretty much. The friend also talked to me some about women he'd gone out with it. Not specifics, but some general details here and there.
The screenshot probably is what did it in. I've had female friends try to drag me into their "falling outs" and I put the brakes on it real quick.

And just because it was public, doesn't mean he would have seen it or cared.

And if he did see it, he obviously didn't care because he didn't mention it. He probably thought you were trying to drag him into drama which like someone said, he probably doesn't care for. Isn't that the reason so many girls want guy friends? NO DRAMA???? That's what I've heard.

Old 07-31-2014, 12:33 PM

214 posts, read 207,223 times
Quote:
I sent it to him thinking he might would want to tell said person so they'd know and maybe poster would delete. If someone had said such crap about me, I'd sure want someone to tell me!!!
Yeah, that's we all think you were being immature. Because you were like "look!! Don't you want to tell the other person?!" Why don't YOU tell them? And if your answer is "because I don't know that other person," then you also shouldn't concern yourself with the situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships