Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 01:44 PM

89 posts, read 132,112 times

Advertisements

I don't live in the USA but here in Italy I've never seen someone picking up a random girl on the street, but it's very common, at least that's what I've seen on YouTube, there are plenty, famous channels of guys picking up girls (sometimes in a very funny way). I kinda say I like it because it's good for people who maybe work at home and don't know many people, and also I think it's really good for people that think "oh you have to be muscular and good looking to have a girlfriend or be really rich", but just to make you an example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7PAYhmoKkA
Anyway, I'm only 16 so I wanna know your opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2014, 01:47 PM

102,246 posts, read 108,146,854 times
Those youtube films are staged. Some of them are aimed at selling classes on how to talk to women. Those methods often don't meet with success in real life. The one advantage of them is that they do help give shy men some confidence. Don't believe everything you see on TV or youtube, especially if it's from the US, lol!

How do Italian men meet women, typically? A lot of films show them running after strangers they find attractive. (I know, I know: "Don't believe everything you see on TV or in the movies". )

Old 08-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Well, I'm in high school and basically people hook up trough facebook (I know, this generation is getting worse and worse, instead of going out they chat on Facebook and when they go out they either go out with their friends or they're talking selfies for Instagram) and usually older people, since they have a small social circle they end up marrying a coworker and usually the marriage ends up pretty bad. Girls/Women here are less sociable than americans, they don't like talking to complete strangers and will even give you "the look" if you ask for some directions, cause they think you're hitting on them. (yup, most of them think they're the queens of the World) By the way, I know these guys (I don't know about other channels) but they're real, I've been to Los Angeles a year ago and I've seen Jason (the "fat" guy in the video) on the street picking up girls without being filmed, that was just him trying to get a girl's number and he got like 7 numbers out of 10 and I understood it wasn't fake, cause there were no cameras around, plus, I was even more surprised that he's not the douchebag type you see that girls love in high school like "idgaf attitude" and constantly cursing and insulting people.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:56 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,045,023 times
SO what is your goal in "picking up" a girl?

Old 08-03-2014, 01:57 PM

He may have gotten numbers, but how many of them were real? Women do sometimes give out fake numbers.

Old 08-03-2014, 01:59 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,852,583 times
Why don't you go outside for the rest of today and try it and see how it goes?

Old 08-03-2014, 02:00 PM

@ Wmsn4Life Getting to know her, find a connection and get into a serious long term relationship. I know most guys my age (16) want the opposite but if a girl gives it too easy it's a turnoff for me.

@ Ruth4Truth Well I guess you're right about that, but we'll never know.

@ JJS99 As I've said before they kinda give you "the look" even if you ask for directions so I rather talk to chicks in my social circle or make a friend introduce us.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrini View Post
Trying to know her, getting into a (serious and hopefully long term) relationship. I don't want just to get them in my bedroom, actually if a woman gives it too easy it's kind of a turnoff for me.
You're in Highschool. Is there a reason you can't go out with the girls there? Instead of approaching them through Facebook, you can actually talk to them, and try your pick-up the old-fashioned way.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You're in Highschool. Is there a reason you can't go out with the girls there? Instead of approaching them through Facebook, you can actually talk to them, and try your pick-up the old-fashioned way.
That's what I actually do, the only bad thing about it is that if you get rejected is kinda weird seeing them around, since some of them might be rude and make fun of you.

But my question was if you like/dislike Pick Up, and, if you're a girl and somebody tried/will try one day to pick you up how would you react ?

Old 08-03-2014, 02:09 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,423,279 times
PUA tactics are really obvious. How you attract a girl is be interested in who she is, be genuine, be real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships